Florean Fortescue’s no longer serving Ice Cream in cups?

One of the problems with the souvenir cup is: with a family of 5, what in the world am I going to do with 5 souvenir cups? Where am I going to put them after we eat? I honestly don't know whether or not I like waffle cones because i dislike eating from a cone, or I guess I mean It looks unappealing and I never want to try it...and in the heat? It's just a mess, I hate messy food and I'm a slow eater. I guess I just won't buy it. Or, I bring my own paper cup? That's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Doesn't Florean's still have spoons? I can't picture eating from the plastic cups without one, at least.

Doesn't Florean's still have spoons? I can't picture eating from the plastic cups without one, at least.

Probably end up with paper spoons. :sad2:

Just spent 10 days asking for a handful of extra straws at every meal. Whoever thought paper drinking straws was a good idea should be fired ... unless they are the huge thick ones like at Toothsome.

Probably end up with paper spoons. :sad2:

Just spent 10 days asking for a handful of extra straws at every meal. Whoever thought paper drinking straws was a good idea should be fired ... unless they are the huge thick ones like at Toothsome.

We were the same with those ridiculous straws.......

In Jakes one night I had a frozen cocktail.....went through 3 straws for one drink, the frozen ice was splitting them......not good....one of the barmen in one of the bars said they are going through so many more of them.......sadly it’s almost everywhere......there were a couple of places that still had plastic straws outside the parks but not many.

I don't see this as a money grab. I see it as a feeble and poorly thought out attempt at cutting back on trash.

I have only had ice cream from there twice. I got a cone each time. I honestly do not remember seeing anyone eating from a cup, but lots of cones.

As for the straws. I have one I carry in my fanny pack that I got from a reusable water cup. Not the kind like comes with the UO cups. Those are too to hard to clean out. My last trip, this worked out well. I HATE paper straws.

The reason why people were able to (briefly) still get paper cups is more than likely due to eliminating them, but still having their last shipment stored since they more than likely still had some left and for those who really push it to get it in a cup since it is such a new change.

It more than likely is to eliminate waste, but it is still unfair to those who really do not want to have to deal with a cone and might be able to splurge for a ice cream, but not the price of an additional few dollars for also the cup. I've been out for ice cream plenty of times and I can count on one hand how many times I've used a cone. It was when I was a little thing and didn't care about making a mess, or ate it faster than it could melt.

I personally never got a chance to try it yet, but I'm assuming they do not have the waffle cups since no one yet has mentioned that as an alternative.

We were told the “muggle bean counters” had been meddling........

So, not about waste......

We always got cups, and we did see a lot of folks with cups too......but as it isn’t our favourite ice cream it’s not a big deal for us.

Aren't there other places in Universal that serve ice cream? Have they done away with the paper cups too?

Aren't there other places in Universal that serve ice cream? Have they done away with the paper cups too?

Ben & Jerry’s serve in cups.

We didn’t have any ice cream this past trip, so can’t say if they still do......they are their own brand so I guess they have a say in what they do, unlike Potter ice cream.

We were told the “muggle bean counters” had been meddling........

So, not about waste......

We always got cups, and we did see a lot of folks with cups too......but as it isn’t our favourite ice cream it’s not a big deal for us.
Bean counters worry about waste, too.

We were the same with those ridiculous straws.......

In Jakes one night I had a frozen cocktail.....went through 3 straws for one drink, the frozen ice was splitting them......not good....one of the barmen in one of the bars said they are going through so many more of them.......sadly it’s almost everywhere......there were a couple of places that still had plastic straws outside the parks but not many.

Those stupid paper straws! I got a milkshake at Breadbox and tried drinking it with those dumb straws. They were dissolving faster than I could drink it, and the texture of the straws was making me gag. I finally gave up. Next time I'll throw some plastic straws in my bag.

Those stupid paper straws! I got a milkshake at Breadbox and tried drinking it with those dumb straws. They were dissolving faster than I could drink it, and the texture of the straws was making me gag. I finally gave up. Next time I'll throw some plastic straws in my bag.

Yep, they are rubbish........

We only have plastic straws over here so I’ll now buy more and bring my own too.......

Bartenders don’t like them as they are being asked for extra as they dissolve.......and yes, horrible texture......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter