Flying whilst pregnant.

I have flown to the US from NZ during all 3 of my pregnancies usually between 6&7 months along (so at least a 12 hour flight plus the 1 hour connecting to Auckland plus the cross US flight on one trip- flew down to Mexico on that trip too). Had toddlers as well for 2 of those pregnancies.

The flight can largely depend on your pregnancy itself and the carrier you are with- who are you flying with?

Treat Disneyland like you would any other day, drink lots, eat well, rest when you need to.
You will have so much fun with your 15 month old with characters, fantasyland rides etc you won't be missing SM

I know i wont be able to ride most of the rides but i will have a 1 yr old with me anyway so i wouldnt have been riding them anyway which im fine with because DH & my old 2 can ride the bigger rides together.

Actually, there are loads of rides you can ride while pregnant... part of the beauty of Disneyland!

I did Disney World at 6 months pregnant - flew across the country from Seattle and was traveling with my husband and our 5 year old at the time. I had a work convention first for a few days, then did 4 days at the parks. Between the flight, the huge convention center, and the parks, it was a ton of walking and pressure. Everything was fine until the last day when I developed what some people call "Disney legs", or broken blood vessels under my skin that looked really scary but weren't - they faded out after a couple of weeks. I did not wear compression socks, and wished that I had! In terms of being able to participate in the trip, it was a mixed bag. I was able to ride several of the gentle rides, but had to sit out on most of the ones that are really my favorites (and Pirates was under refurbishment- bad luck!) On the other hand, it allowed me to sit and watch and wander and shop and take photos. Forced to a slower pace, I enjoyed things at the parks that I otherwise never would because I'm usually so busy running from attraction to attraction.

Everyone who said check with your doctor is right. Once you've done that, if you're clear, do what feels right!

I am just about as lax you can get pregnant (I rode all rides, SM, ToT, cali screamin, etc. 8 months pregnant, and I even eat lunch meat uncooked! haha) that said, I would be cautious about that long of a flight and definitely check with your doctor. Is this your first baby? If you do not have a history of uncomplicated pregnancies, your dr may be hesitant to give you the go ahead. I don't ever swell when pregnant, but man we flew 5 hours from Hawaii at around 27 weeks pregnant and then 2 more connecting flights of about 2 hours each, and it was THE WORST. I was sunburned, which didn't help, but my feet were swollen and I was generally miserable. I think the parks would be fine, it's a matter of being that far from your doctor and a really long flight. 6 months pregnant isn't too uncomfortable depending on how you carry, but like I said, if you don't have a history of totally typical pregnancies I'm not sure I would do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter