Food and Wine Tasting Sampler?

Last year, there seemed to be a cut off at about $12. Maybe $11.50? Any drink priced higher than that was excluded. Mind you, they were excluded by name, not by price, but I'm sure the high price wasn't just a coincidence.

Of course not, they don't want to lose too much money.

I will have to wait and see whether the sampler is worthwhile . . . but it's nice to know they may have passion fruit margaritas!

I just read that an 8 coupon option will be available for $65. That means item values would need to be over$8 on average to be any savings. I've been reading reviews of previous years and most food items have been less than that. Has anyone found a good way to use these? I was thinking it might help if you use it for beverages mostly. Any thoughts?

The Tasting Samplers includes:
  • A “credential,” or voucher, for 8 food or beverage items of your choice at over 35 Global Marketplace locations (certain exclusions may apply and will be listed on voucher)
  • Limited-release Epcot International Food & Wine Festival trading pin

I think for the most part, they assume you would want and value the pin, I don't so it wasn't much of a value for me.

You wouldn't use your coupons on most wine or beer samples because they are $4-$5 and you can't use them on flights or fine champagne/wine.

Many kiosks had a premium drink priced $9-$11, and these are the best use for these samplers.

There is a LePassion frozen martini with Grey Goose vodka at the France booth. Totally worth a coupon. :)

Other drinks I got with the coupons (besides my many beloved jalapeño margaritas) were the caipirinha in Brazil, frozen mojito in Islands of the Caribbean, and Rosa Regale wine.

Last year it excluded only champagnes and beer flights/ samplers, I think. As said, was not cut off by price. It was only a decent value if used exclusively for the most expensive alcoholic drinks. I'll add that the mix d drinks were a disappointmeant last year. They had them all poured in advance so what you got was a drink that had been sitting for at least a few minutes with it's ice melting in it.

You wouldn't use your coupons on most wine or beer samples because they are $4-$5 and you can't use them on flights or fine champagne/wine.

Many kiosks had a premium drink priced $9-$11, and these are the best use for these samplers.

There is a LePassion frozen martini with Grey Goose vodka at the France booth. Totally worth a coupon. :)

Other drinks I got with the coupons (besides my many beloved jalapeño margaritas) were the caipirinha in Brazil, frozen mojito in Islands of the Caribbean, and Rosa Regale wine.

The caipirnha and mojito are musts for me.

Last year it excluded only champagnes and beer flights/ samplers, I think. As said, was not cut off by price. It was only a decent value if used exclusively for the most expensive alcoholic drinks. I'll add that the mix d drinks were a disappointmeant last year. They had them all poured in advance so what you got was a drink that had been sitting for at least a few minutes with it's ice melting in it.

That's disappointing to think your drink has been sitting out but I guess they go through so many it's not that surprising.This will be my first F&W (as an adult) but I always love snacking and drinking my way through world showcase on normal trips.

That's disappointing to think your drink has been sitting out but I guess they go through so many it's not that surprising.This will be my first F&W (as an adult) but I always love snacking and drinking my way through world showcase on normal trips.

My first as well, but also my first trip to the main parks. Need to find people to hang out with on the days I will be at the festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter