Food delivery newb - please help! (Door dash, etc)

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
Hi all!

The family and I will be in Orlando (Cabana Bay) for 15 days starting Saturday and we are so excited!

We live super rural in Canada and have no idea what food delivery is - like Uber eats, skip, door dash, etc. It's not an option where we are. But we'd like to try it when in Orlando.

Who do you use and why? What do I need to know? What about tipping?

Any and all advice appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
I mostly use Uber Eats because it was the first food delivery service available. I use them (begrudgingly) about 90% of the time. I will use Door Dash if a particular restaurant is not available or has paused delivery orders. Tip is calculated on the app so no need to give the delivery person anything extra. Both apps are very easy to navigate.
My advice is to be very specific about delivery location; unless of course it’s straightforward.

We have used Uber Eats and Door Dash. We always meet them in the lobby of the hotel we are staying at. I don’t think they will deliver to a room (but I may be wrong). You can also send them a message if there is a problem. When we do Uber to pick us up at MCO I will put our description in the notes as there are so many people waiting to get an Uber (2 males,one female, yellow sweatshirts…that type of thing). Download the app and play with it. You can go all the way through to the total cost (just dont press the “send” button 😜).
I do this for Uber while trying to plan how much the trip would be at various times of the day,(while sitting on my couch in Halifax).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter