• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For all of you worried that Happily Ever After won't be a good replacement for Wishes

I liked it, but it doesn't pull on my heart like Wishes did. The effects and pyro power are great, but to me it lacks that pure, classic Disney magic.

This. For me, Wishes was magical. There was something about the simple, classic scene of Cinderella Castle with fireworks above. It loses something (for me) with the projections. The Castle has been relegated to being a projection screen. And I just prefer it in its natural beauty.

I really, strongly dislike that horrible red castle projection.

THANK YOU @Lehuaann for the comprehensive list of songs/clips. Now I know where to go back and squint and run videos over and over in hopes of seeing my favorites. I've been watching videos (won't see it in person until next year) and I'm horrible at deciphering the projections. Took me 2 videos to see the balloons/house from "Up" (and I knew it was supposed to be in there somewhere).
At least now I know I don't have to fight for a space in front of the castle because I won't be able to make out anything anyway.

That said - I like the new show a lot. "Out There" is probably my favorite part because A) I actually GOT what I was looking at and B) I had forgotten how awesome that song is and how much I love dear old HOND.

Another thing that worries me is watching the show from behind the castle. You miss 60% of the show I would guess. And you would have to squint from the train station.

Weird.

Ok. I just watched On my phone. I really think that if you haven't seen it yet you should reserve judgement until you see it there.

I really do think it was amazing.

LOL, Wishes was only a "classic" and it's music a "classic" because it was around for so long, and for many it is/was our first Disney fireworks show. Think of all the thousands upon thousands who will make THIS show their classic as it's their first show. Much like MSEP was THE classic night parade and I found Spectro to be a paltry substitution with awful music, while many others claimed Spectro was THE classic with better music.

In Disney terms, classic just means it's been around so long it's part of our shared nostalgia. Wait long enough and the new one becomes the ol' classic.
Took the words out of my mouth. Bet that people will say "Keep Happily Ever After!!! It's a classic!!!" when they decide to change shows in the future.

We really enjoyed HEA via the blog. And we are excited to see it in person next week. But my DD6 said - where's Mickey?!?

Thats not the desert party.

It's the one I asked about in my post, it includes the dessert party, magic bands and luggage tags for Happily Ever After, been all over the "Disney fan sites" yesterday

Took the words out of my mouth. Bet that people will say "Keep Happily Ever After!!! It's a classic!!!" when they decide to change shows in the future.

yup - people forget that when Wishes debuted people were really upset that it was replacing Fantasy in the Sky (though the internet wasn't quite as big as now so you didn't see it as much)

We watched Happily Ever After last night on our TV via a great quality YouTube video (bless the internet!) and we both sat here with our mouths open! To be there in the hub or along Main Street would have been wonderful!

The show definitely exceeded our expectations, especially as we haven't been fans of the song (and still aren't really). But the projections on the castle, pyros and fireworks made for an impressive show! The mix of classic and more modern Disney characters worked very well and I got pretty choked up to see Hunchback of Notre Dame included! I think this is a good way of bringing older and younger generations together too. Many of us hold memories from the classic Disney animation films, but the younger and newer generations have grown up with mostly Pixar creations. All great of course, but Disney have to hit that balance between what will appeal to a wide spectrum of Disney fans and I think they've done a good job. However, there is only one mention of Walt and it would have been nice to have more of Walt in the form of a projection on the castle or a voice layover.

In regards to Wishes, yes, it will always hold a special place, but Happily Every After is a ten-fold technological upgrade and I think will soon become as established and loved as Wishes has.

Overall, we can't wait to see for ourselves in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter