For all of you worried that Happily Ever After won't be a good replacement for Wishes

It's the one I asked about in my post, it includes the dessert party, magic bands and luggage tags for Happily Ever After, been all over the "Disney fan sites" yesterday

Ah sorry, ive been in mk for 3 days so out of loop.

For 50 you can get a campsite.

Saw from the back. So much smoke. It rained, now humid and no wind.

If your a fireworks purist, back there its better than wishes in the back. The lights do interesting over you patterns. Will post my 360 of it tomorrow....

Also emptyish here. Rain chased everyone away.

I've watched the show several times now on youtube and have to say I am in awe of it. Visually and musically it is stunning and I think surpassing Wishes easily. I like Wishes don't get me wrong but I often felt it simply was not something I'd make the trip to MK to see. I look forward to seeing Happily Ever After in person as much as possible (starting with my next trip in July). I think this show has a lot more heart than its critics are giving it and as for that "Blue Fairy"-esque moment. I think the "Go The Distance" part easily capture that soaring and tearful moment. Simply a magnificent show and Disney had raised the bar.

Sorry to anyone who liked this because everyone is entitled to an opinion, and no one is "wrong" but this is a terrible replacement.
I don't think I even need to get into details about why; it's obvious.
We are shattered by this.
We cried watching it, but for the wrong reasons.
To each their own.

I get that some people don't like the new show. But seriously, you were shattered by it? Wow.

Another thing that worries me is watching the show from behind the castle. You miss 60% of the show I would guess. And you would have to squint from the train station.

Weird.
I was wondering this myself. We loved to watch Wishes from Big Thunder RR. It appears to me that the projectiles for the large fireworks are still launched from the same place, which is right behind Frontierland/Fantasyland.
So hopefully even though you miss the show in front, which you always missed that anyway being behind the castle, the visual firework display looks even more impressive than before.

The new show looks awesome, can't wait to see it live!

Saw Wishes Thursday night and the new show tonight. The crowd at Wishes on Thursday was unbelivable. At 8:15 Main Street was packed 2/3 way down and they were shoulder to shoulder toe to heel. By the time the show started you couldn't have put another person anywhere. We always have watched from the circle in front of the train station and have enjoyed our view. Tonight we went to our same spot for the new show but next year when we come back I will pay whatever they ask for a spot up closer (I can't imagine the Terrace desert party being a good angle either but will wait to see reports from those who try it). We had a great view of the lasers, fireworks and most of the projections. But sadly most of the characters are small and you can't make them out from the far entrance to Main street. And because many of the characters are projected on the lower part of the castle if you have little ones they can't see anything unless you have them in your shoulders which I frown upon. Overall I loved the new show, but I can see how getting the right spot to enjoy all of it wil be difficult. And yes the crowd and my 2 daughters went wild to see Tink fly.

We saw HEA tonight, May 12. I'm no Wishes purist and won't try to compare the two. But I will say that we were just blown away by it, and that seemed to be the reaction by everyone around us. The visuals are amazing, the choreography of the music, fireworks, and projections are incredible, and it was simply awe-inspiring. It's been a long time since Disney World has created something that so far exceeded my expectations like this did.

We saw HEA tonight, May 12. I'm no Wishes purist and won't try to compare the two. But I will say that we were just blown away by it, and that seemed to be the reaction by everyone around us. The visuals are amazing, the choreography of the music, fireworks, and projections are incredible, and it was simply awe-inspiring. It's been a long time since Disney World has created something that so far exceeded my expectations like this did.

How did it look from the front? I was in the back and the amount of smoke that lingered from the humidity and lack of wind back there made me wonder if you could even see the high altitude. I coughed for 20 minutes after it ended. Did it enhance the lights? I did notice in the opening there is a lot more lights than you could tell yesterday with the hot dry air and no smoke in the air yet.

Question for anyone......I just noticed that on my Disney experience app that I don't see The other shorter projection show....(gosh, I am embarrassed to state I don't remember the exact name)...Once upon a time I think with the neat Peter Pan fly over and two Frozen songs. Has WDW eliminated that show do to the heavy projection of Happily Ever After?

Watched it tonight,definitely a great show,Wishes had its run and also was great but this is simply put ,more technologically advanced and more than just a fireworks show,the projections,the lighting the lasers,the little firefly lights in the trees,etc...there's just much more to it.I'll just say I don't get impressed easily but this show definitely did impress me.The few negatives that I have are that since I'm not huge into Disney movies I didn't recognize all the projections,the second negative would be that with all the projections you just pay less attention to the fireworks,but overall,two thumbs up.If Disney is reading this,the day Illuminations gets replaced they better have something as spectacular as this,and make sure the soundtrack is amazing as that's a huge part of the current show.

Doom 1001.... --- that's a first, I didn't know about the fireflys in the trees!

Doom 1001.... --- that's a first, I didn't know about the fireflys in the trees!

It's like that new laser lighting effect people have on their homes during Christmas but on the trees,it makes it look like there's fireflies on the trees.

I remember hating Wishes when it first came out. Why is that child singing? Are they trying to manipulate my emotions? Ugh....

After the initial disgust of change wore off I loved it. The first time I saw it was in 2003 when my first was 3 years old. It has had wonderful memories for me in the 5 trips since.

Just for giggles I watched Fantasy in Sky last night which I had great memories of. What a boring bland show. It was not good in today's standards. Memories can play tricks and being overly emotional and sentimental can slant a usually logical person to dislike something immediately.

I watched the stream and think it is brilliant. I think it will be 1000% better when there.

I hope those that really dislike it let their actions speak and stay out of the hub.

LOL, Wishes was only a "classic" and it's music a "classic" because it was around for so long, and for many it is/was our first Disney fireworks show. Think of all the thousands upon thousands who will make THIS show their classic as it's their first show. Much like MSEP was THE classic night parade and I found Spectro to be a paltry substitution with awful music, while many others claimed Spectro was THE classic with better music.

In Disney terms, classic just means it's been around so long it's part of our shared nostalgia. Wait long enough and the new one becomes the ol' classic.

I definitely understand what you are saying but I grew up seeing Fantasy in the Sky and had no emotional attachment to it. Feel zero nostalgia about that show even though I feel plenty of nostalgia about other things there over those years (and it was many years!) I welcomed a change - Wishes. From the first time I saw it, I felt it was an instant classic. The narration, the score. I barely remembered Fantasy in the Sky even though I had seen it just a year before (and countless times before that.)
I remember my dad even saying "they better not ever get rid of this" after the first time he saw wishes.

It is hard for me to explain, but that show made an impact on me from the first time I saw it that Fantasy in the Sky never had.

I am sad to see Wishes go. I am open to change, though, and am holding out my final judgment on HEA until I see it in a few months!

Last edited:
I watched the Livestream on Friday night. I wasn't going to because I thought I wanted to see it live for the first time. But I watched the final showing of Wishes a bunch of times on Friday, and I was in a fireworks mood.

I think it looks fantastic. So colorful and so much detail. It looks like the kind of thing that you could find new details in every time you see it.

Makes me even more psyched for my visit in September. Between HEA, ROL and Pandora, there are so many new things to look forward to seeing and doing in less than a year in between trips.

I've watched the show several times now on youtube and have to say I am in awe of it. Visually and musically it is stunning and I think surpassing Wishes easily. I like Wishes don't get me wrong but I often felt it simply was not something I'd make the trip to MK to see. I look forward to seeing Happily Ever After in person as much as possible (starting with my next trip in July). I think this show has a lot more heart than its critics are giving it and as for that "Blue Fairy"-esque moment. I think the "Go The Distance" part easily capture that soaring and tearful moment. Simply a magnificent show and Disney had raised the bar.

i agree this is visually and musically stunning!
i too have watched it multiple times on youtube and can't wait to see it in person!

Question for anyone......I just noticed that on my Disney experience app that I don't see The other shorter projection show....(gosh, I am embarrassed to state I don't remember the exact name)...Once upon a time I think with the neat Peter Pan fly over and two Frozen songs. Has WDW eliminated that show do to the heavy projection of Happily Ever After?
It's at 9:45 p.m. if you search it in the search bar. That's weird

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter