For Kevin - St. Louis vs. Baby Back style ribs

georgemoe

<font color=royalblue>Beverages? There were bevera
Kevin,

You mentioned a few times "I have no idea" when it came to St. Louis style ribs on todays podcast. Here is a photo diagram below. Basically baby back (or loin back) and country style ribs come from the loin (choicer) cut of the rib. St. Louis style come from the side or lower part of the rib. The same area you get bacon from.

http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/uploaded_images/PorkCutsChart-723007.jpg

If I might digress, pulled pork comes from the top of the shoulder. If you were to buy it in the store you would ask for Boston butt. The lower part of the shoulder is the picnic and where you get what you traditionally cook in a New England boiled dinna. ;)

I'm done talking like a pig now. ;)

so which is better dry or wet?

gas or charcoal?

rotisserie, aluminum foil, open flame, ceramic grates?

window or aisle?

Wilma or Betty?

Ginger or Marry Ann?

White meat or dark meat?

baked or fried?

cookies or cake? (assume both include ice cream)

Well now you've gone and given away the information for my Podcast Cruise slide show entitled "The Origin of St. Louis Ribs and Chicken and Waffles".

Now, what are we going to do for four days?

Well now you've gone and given away the information for my Podcast Cruise slide show entitled "The Origin of St. Louis Ribs and Chicken and Waffles".

Relax maybe? ;)

drink moogeetoes?

admire the cistern?

look for Will?

play 50 questions with WO?

be forced to get off the ship in Nassau? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As a St Louis girl I was shocked to hear the podcast crew was not aware of the major Mayan population we have here. Of course the Mayans are where we get our yummy ribs from. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter