For those sailing on the July 3, 7 night Western......

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
A few questions......

Have you received your excursion booklet yet? (nothing here)

Have you planned any excursions? (we have reservations for Captain Marvins-half day snorkel, Paradise Beach, on our own at Key West)

Any docs arrive in the mail? (this is probably a bit early)

Any talk of a DIS meet while on the ship? (there is a thread on the Cruise meet board, but moving slowly)

Have you started packing?? LOL :hyper: (I will soon get out a box and start tossing in things as I think of them such as quarters for laundry, laundry tablets, dryer sheets, etc)

Do we need to take beach towels or are towels available?

Have you been counting down the days? ::yes::

Karen

Hi Karen;
we have not received any excursion info. I know when we went on the Wonder last June we got one right at 60 days out. I thought maybe dad's AAA agent got it, but no. We paid it all off April 29.
My family is doing the Capt. Marvins, I think the same one you are. Not the whole group, just me, DH and our kids. My sister wants to take her family to do the dolphin swim but hasn't booked yet in spite of my nagging! I think we'll just do a beach (Mr. Sanchos?) in Cozumel because Tulum is EXPENSIVE and time consuming. We will either do the trolley/train (whichever you can get off) or just walk in Key West. DH's uncle told me the best bars to get shirts from at a family wedding last night.
You don't need beach towels.
I haven't started packing but I have a major list in my mind.
Robin M.

Hi Karen..

We received excursion info about a week ago. I think we will just "do our own thing" at each stop. Always manage to have fun that way!

No cruise docs yet, hopefully will arrive in the next week or two.

The family is excited..and counting the days.

Hope we get to meet some of you during the cruise!

Havent received docs yet, but booked all our excursions non-disney. Dolphin watch in Key west, dune buggies in cozumel, and we chartered a sailboat to see the stingrays in Grand Cayman. With 14 of us traveling, the sailboat wasnt any more than going with captain marvins.

A

Hi,

We are sailing on July 3rd too and have not received any excursion info or documents. We booked using DVC points and hopefully wil get the documents soon. We have slao booked the REAS package and have heard nothing about that either. As far as excursions we aredoing our own thing in Key West, capt. Marvins for the 11 15 2 hour excursion, then hopefull off to the seven ile beach after that, abd then we are unsure of what to do in Cozumel. we are thing about the Dune Buggy tour but anm unsure if FH will fit....hes 6'5'' and since hes the pnly one who can drive shift....we also want to go shopping in cozumel as well as to Carlos and Charlies. I hope the be able to meet up during the cruise....It would be nice to know "someone" on the ship besides my FH!

Heather

We will also be on the July 3rd MAGIC !!

We went on the Western last year too (in May). Mr. Sanchos is great. I would highly recommend it. This time we are doing the Dune Buggy Rides/Tour through Cozumel Homes. Anyone else ???

I am currently exloring the best beach location in Grand Cayman. Any suggestions ?? We book all our excursions on our own.

Would love to do a DIS Meet !!

Me, hubby, DS-14, DS-11, DD-9.

*sigh* Still no excursion booklet or docs!!

Hello fellow cruiser!
No excursion book yet.
We did book on our own for a dune buggy trip in Cozumel. Should get confirmation on that soon.

No docs yet. They usually come 10-14 days before the cruise.

I would love to meet other DIS-ers on my trip! I think it would be neat to find some pals for my kids too.

Me-35
DH-46
DS-10
DD-6

More info on the Dismeet forum

I have started the vacation box too. I am a bit obessed at this point!

You do not need to take towels, but I like a nice, BIG thick towel AND a beach mat. (The kind that fold in half and roll up)
Some folk bring souvenier ones from the park or other FL location. They have them on the ship too, but I just bring a special one from home.

Yep, we have been counting the days!!! Everyday...I dream of my cruise!!!

LisaCA

Hey Tammy in NC....we are on the same cruise and doing the same dune buggy trip. We will probably meet eachother!

LisaCA

Hey CaCruiser..

Our DD will turn 5 couple of weeks after the cruise. We'll have to find time to introduce the two little ones. It would be great for them to be "cruise friends"...

Hi all,

This will be my wife and my first DCL cruise, and in actuality our first real cruise ... we did win a 3 night cruise to nowhere about 20 years ago ... but that is our entire cruising experience.

I don't have any documents yet, but that is not surprising since the cruise won't be booked for a day or two. We are travelling with 2 CM's and had to wait for the discounts to post, and then the computer has been down ... but should be back online tomorrow or Friday so my daughter can actually make the bookings.

I would also love to meet others ... we are:

Me - 51
Wife - (In that vicinity) :rolleyes:
Daughter - 26
Her colleague ... about the same I guess

We will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary with this cruise!

I'm gonna BUMP this up to the front. The other 7/3 thread is not moving at all.
On the other thread, we have started discussing a MEET. So far we know we want to, but we haven't decided everything as yet. We all seem to like the idea of meeting on the deck 7 aft "secret" veranda. Thinking that the first day may not be the best. I was thinking about maybe mid-morning on K.W. day since we don't dock till 12:30. From what I hear(from Shirley), K.W. will be a "happenin' " place on the fourth! Maybe a bloody Mary or mimosa would get our day started right! I know there is a character breakfast on that day(it's the one I'm assigned to), but later in the a.m. would still work.
Keep the ideas coming, we have 3 weeks to plan.

Jeannie

CarolJean - do we each get a character breakfast? How do you know which is assigned? I must not be reading something!

I was told that we are having a deck party for the fourth!

Nancy

I want to know more about the party on the 4th!! Is it a DIS meet kind of thing, or anyone who finds it?
Every one will have an assigned character breakfast. You will get tickets from your dinner servers either the first night or the night before. It is (I think) on the first sea day or Key West day that falls after your first animator's palate dinner. I eat at A.P. the first night so my char. brkfst. will be on key west day (because we don't dock until 12:30 pm, it's considered a "morning at sea). If you have A.P.the 2nd night, your C.B. would be the morning of the first Day At Sea. If your A.P.is the 3rd day, your C.B. would be the morning of the 2nd Day At Sea. I think the times are the same as your regular breakfast. Clear as mud, eh?

CarolJean - thanks for clearing it up!

As for the deck party - I had called to check on the itenerary to make sure there were no surprise changes. (I was concerned that they might switch the day at sea and Key west and did not want to make plans on my own if they were.) But I was told that they will be in Key West on Sunday as scheduled, but in addition there will be a 4th of July deck party, characters in 4th of July gear, a special dinner?? and 4th of July drinks. Sounds like a party to me!

So we are planning on doing some things in Key West early and then being back on the boat for the festivities. We are not scheduling any excursions for now. I am hoping that Key West will also have a fire works show that we can see from the boat! I will be glad to still be in the States on the 4th, something about celebrating the 4th in Mexico just seems odd!

Nancy

Pushing this to the top.....not much longer! :earseek:

Karen

So finally, after a few false starts, we are finally fully booked on this cruise.

By we I mean my wife, my daughter and her friend.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and just plain having a blast. Other than a cruise to nowhere many years ago, this is my first cruise.

Oh yes ... any and all suggestions and tips accepted. Hope to see some of you during the cruise.

I will also be on the cruise along with my DS who is 10. This is our third cruise and are really looking forward to it! We are also glad to be in Key West on the 4th as that seems so American. Looking forward to the meet!

Sheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter