Fourth Gate Coming?

A lot of people are speculating it's "Fantastic Worlds" (not Fantastic Beasts related) due to the compass looking icon in the photo they released, since a compass was the logo that was leaked with the Fantastic Worlds info ages ago. That piece of evidence alone is pretty solid.

I know this is random and not as "epic" (as the line said), but I kind of want to know more details about T2's replacement. :laughing:

EDIT: It appears someone has already pointed out the similarities of the "logos".

A lot of people are speculating it's "Fantastic Worlds" (not Fantastic Beasts related) due to the compass looking icon in the photo they released, since a compass was the logo that was leaked with the Fantastic Worlds info ages ago. That piece of evidence alone is pretty solid.

I know this is random and not as "epic" (as the line said), but I kind of want to know more details about T2's replacement. :laughing:

EDIT: It appears someone has already pointed out the similarities of the "logos".

Fantastic Worlds has been the running name for a while now, but now with Universal's Tweets throwing the work "Epic" all over the place, others are now speculating it will be called Universal's Epic Universe. Both terms have been trademarked by Universal so it could be either.

Some are also speculating that the park will still be called Fantastic Worlds, and Universal will be re-branding their entire set of parks to "Epic Universe".

So who knows. Let's see what gets announced this Thursday.....

Fantastic Worlds has been the running name for a while now, but now with Universal's Tweets throwing the work "Epic" all over the place, others are now speculating it will be called Universal's Epic Universe. Both terms have been trademarked by Universal so it could be either.

Some are also speculating that the park will still be called Fantastic Worlds, and Universal will be re-branding their entire set of parks to "Epic Universe".

So who knows. Let's see what gets announced this Thursday.....

I concur that epic has to be involved somehow due to the emphasis of "epic". I'm just glad that while they are definitely teasing at least it is not too far off from their announcement since it's only a few days away.

I'm worried though about how much actual detail we will get on the 1st. It's only set to be a 20 minute presentation follow by Q&A. Not sure how much detail can be divulged in such a short window of time.....

I imagine they will probably just give a broad overview of it. Like announce the park and possibly surrounding amenities like a small City Walk type area with it with some shops and a few restaurants and a quick mention of the lands/IPs to be focused on in the park. With it still likely being a few years or so until the park would open they won't want to give all the full details out just yet as they will want to disperse details throughout construction of it. So I'd imagine the 1st will be the general reveal announcement of it and then in a couple years get more details of the park itself.

As for Fantastic Beasts making an appearance as a new "world" - I'm not sold on it. I'm a massive Harry Potter nerd but the FB movies are just so bad. They're just embarrassing to watch and they're retroactively opening up some plot holes in the original books, which is very annoying. (I also despise the casting of Johnny Depp as Grindelwald. Though I am here for Jude Law as young-ish Dumbledore) They'd have to come up with something truly spectacular to get this HP addict to an FB themed park.

I wish they'd also formally announce the Jurassic Park coaster going in IoA, but I can't imagine they'll take the time to do that in this press conference. 🙃

In another forum, someone pointed out that the "compass" in the Epic teaser image looks a lot like the original Nintendo "seal of quality" logo with some added design elements.

A few things on Fantastic Beasts:

1. When it comes to the new park, it won't be the "anchor" (i.e. top draw) like WWoHP is at USF and IOA. That'll be Nintendo. So IMO this sub-franchise doesn't need to be as big/popular as the original Potter Series because it won't need to be the #1 draw to the new park.
2. The FB franchise is only 2 movies into a 5 movie plan. They have plenty of time of "fix" it. They've taken the criticism that came out of the most recent movie and are taking more time with the next movie to address those criticisms. The next movie has moved from 2019 to 2020 as they're taking more time with the script and pre-production. So I have every confidence it will get better.
3. Even with it's lower popularity than the original Potter series, I have every confidence that Universal can make an engaging, immersive and great land out of the IP so even if FB doesn't even live up to 1/2 of what Potter was in terms of popularity, it'll still be a great addition to the park.

Think Avatar (and yes I know it made all kinds of $$$) and how Disney leveraged that into a major/popular "mini" land. Even with the money it made, no one I know was clamoring for anything having to do with Avatar in the years following it's original release. It came and went from the public consciousness. But, Disney somehow made 2 attractions and a well themed land and turned an average gate park into a must see part of everyone's Disney trip.

So, Universal could quite easily make a Fantastic Beasts "land" pretty compelling as well.

The Avatar comparison is pretty valid, though I'll continue to harbor my personal doubts on the draw of a potential FB park. The lack of distinct new locations in the Fantastic Beasts franchise comes to mind, though I'm sure they could make something out of MACUSA or perhaps a simulator ride of a rampaging erumpent in Manhattan. Eh, who knows. I'm very interested to hear the announcement on Thursday though.

.... I'm very interested to hear the announcement on Thursday though.

I don't think we're going to get much in the way of details on Thursday with how short the presentation is going to be.

At most I'm guessing they'll tell us what the themed worlds will be but without any detail of what will be inside each world.

But it could be even less than that.

Despite all of the leaked info we've been hearing from insider sites and blogs, this is Universals first official public announcement for the new park. So we might just get a "We're building a new park! It will feature Nintendo World and some other great worlds. We look to open it in 202X and will continue to give more details in the future!"

I don't think we're going to get much in the way of details on Thursday with how short the presentation is going to be.

At most I'm guessing they'll tell us what the themed worlds will be but without any detail of what will be inside each world.

But it could be even less than that.

Despite all of the leaked info we've been hearing from insider sites and blogs, this is Universals first official public announcement for the new park. So we might just get a "We're building a new park! It will feature Nintendo World and some other great worlds. We look to open it in 202X and will continue to give more details in the future!"

I don't feel that they would make a huge press release in a conference center just to announce a new park in a few short sentences. I would bet that the Jurassic ride would be the introduction, followed by the new park. I could see a lot of artist renderings for the new mini city walk and maybe a few slides of each of the 4 rumored "Worlds" as the compass type logo would reflect that theory. Likely to close out with one or perhaps 2 rides to be the focal point in the new gate with several concept drawings. I would love to see a CGI POV ride of Jurassic to open, or even a mario cart course layout to close.

I don't feel that they would make a huge press release in a conference center just to announce a new park in a few short sentences. I would bet that the Jurassic ride would be the introduction, followed by the new park. I could see a lot of artist renderings for the new mini city walk and maybe a few slides of each of the 4 rumored "Worlds" as the compass type logo would reflect that theory. Likely to close out with one or perhaps 2 rides to be the focal point in the new gate with several concept drawings. I would love to see a CGI POV ride of Jurassic to open, or even a mario cart course layout to close.

Oh I'm sure it will be more than a few sentences (I just used one as a general feel of how it might go).

I'm just lowering my own expectation of how much pure park info we'll get considering the other bit like a new hotel they'll probably mention, possibly a new mini city walk, as well as the likelihood of spending time talking about transportation between current park and new park (and all of the work they are doing with the city with new roads etc)

They have a lot of non park specific bits to potentially announce so I'm just preparing for the worst when it comes to details of the new park alone (or in development bits at the current parks) to not get my hopes of details too high.

As for Fantastic Beasts making an appearance as a new "world" - I'm not sold on it. I'm a massive Harry Potter nerd but the FB movies are just so bad. They're just embarrassing to watch and they're retroactively opening up some plot holes in the original books, which is very annoying. (I also despise the casting of Johnny Depp as Grindelwald. Though I am here for Jude Law as young-ish Dumbledore) They'd have to come up with something truly spectacular to get this HP addict to an FB themed park.

I wish they'd also formally announce the Jurassic Park coaster going in IoA, but I can't imagine they'll take the time to do that in this press conference. 🙃

In another forum, someone pointed out that the "compass" in the Epic teaser image looks a lot like the original Nintendo "seal of quality" logo with some added design elements.

I totally disagree. I think the movies are quiet good and not "bad" at all. Not having the books makes it harder to imagine some things. Not sure what plot holes you are talking about. JK Rowling is writing these movies, so I would be surprised if there wasn't a reason for them. Johnny Depp wasn't bad as Grindelwald at all. He was. . . well, Johnny Depp, but I think he did a great job. Jude Law does make a great Dumbledore. And honestly the movies have done pretty well in the box office world wide.

I think the Wizarding World is much like Star Wars. The last (last couple?) Star Wars movie didn't do as well and wasn't well received. And I can just about guarantee, the opening of the Star Wars Land at WDW is going to be pretty overrun with SW fans. The fandom of the Wizarding World, love anything about it and are already wanting to see more and more from Rowling. So as time goes on, who knows what we may be seeing from her and how much more there will be to add to any HP or FB section of the parks.

The world within the suitcase of fantastic beasts is something I would be curious about. I would love to see something themed after that. Sort of like Pandora in a suitcase! (without the avators and add in some beasts).

I liked the movies, but I think the second suffers from being the middle of a story. And I'd love to see Ilvermorny in the movies, and therefore the park, as a bookend to Hogwarts, we just have to get them back to the US. I didn't get sorted twice for nothing.

Not sure what plot holes you are talking about.

I believe they're referring to Professor McGonagall's age, as well as "the Dumbledore plot twist", which people consider a plot hole due to no mention of another Dumbledore sibling in the books. Those are the two main ones I can think of most people talk about. There might be others I'm missing / not thinking of at the moment.

I personally have a theory that if we find out he's actually not a Dumbledore (that it's a "red herring", or not the theory that Adriana's obscurial is inside Credence), that he's actually a Potter, but technically that isn't the subject of this thread and my theory has a lot facts and information to explain why I believe that, so I won't go rambling about it. If anyone is really that curious as to why I think that they can PM me.

FB has some room for improvement with the delay of the new film. Generally, it has it's good moments and weak ones. I really want it to succeed and while the last wasn't the best, I am definitely curious about what happens next.

Last edited:
The McGonnagal one is a bit valid as a plot hole for the age but never understood the Dumbledore compaint. Plenty of ways that could be covered in the next 3 movies. Just because another brother wasn't mentioned in the books doesn't mean he never existed.
However as far as the land goes I do have to agree a bit about the lack of defining elements from the series to base a land around. I have enjoyed the movies pretty well but with the jumping around to different locations I don't feel like there is going to be any truly iconic landmarks like Hogwarts and Diagon Alley. The main new addition I can see is Ministry of Magic with a Department of Mysteries themed ride. This seems like it would go better next to Diagon Alley then in a new park.
That said I could picture possible choices for a potential FB land. I would assume MACUSA would be the focal point, potentially with a thrill ride themed around Grindelwald's Escape. This could be complimented with the speakeasy for a restaurant and Kowalksi's bakery for a quick service snack stand.

The McGonnagal one is a bit valid as a plot hole for the age but never understood the Dumbledore compaint. Plenty of ways that could be covered in the next 3 movies. Just because another brother wasn't mentioned in the books doesn't mean he never existed.
However as far as the land goes I do have to agree a bit about the lack of defining elements from the series to base a land around. I have enjoyed the movies pretty well but with the jumping around to different locations I don't feel like there is going to be any truly iconic landmarks like Hogwarts and Diagon Alley. The main new addition I can see is Ministry of Magic with a Department of Mysteries themed ride. This seems like it would go better next to Diagon Alley then in a new park.
That said I could picture possible choices for a potential FB land. I would assume MACUSA would be the focal point, potentially with a thrill ride themed around Grindelwald's Escape. This could be complimented with the speakeasy for a restaurant and Kowalksi's bakery for a quick service snack stand.

MACUSA, as well as the speakeasy shown in the films do seem like the only defying type of locations (at least at the moment). However, USF already technically has the speakeasy in a way in the New York area.

The only other defying moments in the film that differ from the original series that I can think of that can be turned into attraction would be something based on Newt's suitcase. I thought perhaps even the "freak show" / circus, but that is more of a show and kind of has a dark, rather than fun element to it due what freak shows were really were like back then, which was kind of shown that with Nagini's treatment while there in the film.

I feel like they would miss the mark if they didn't at least have an entry way into a section of the FB area be via suitcase where it would act as a zoo of sorts with several types of animatronics as well as plaques for people to read about the various "beasts. Could be an easy draw and a step towards catering to a younger demographic. having the entrance as well as the exit in a different area both appear as suitcases would be a bonus for the theming

I have some new information about Universal’s new park from Alicia Stella on the Orlando Park Stop ******* Group:
-The Park will have at least 11 attractions
-Universal Classic Monsters land will have 1 major ride and 1 smaller ride/show. The major ride is a dark ride in Dracula’s castle.
-There will be at least 2 shows in the park
-There will be some small scale street style shows in Nintendo Land
-The Park will contain at least 1 Thrill, 1 medium and 1 family Coaster.
-The Dreamworks land will only contain How To Train Your Dragon at Park opening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter