Free Dining 2008 Watch

I know it sounds petty but I'm on a budget and just trying to figure this out. If the dining plan is free, do you still have to pay the tip?

Thanks,

NHWX

question regarding tipping....how do you all figure out how much to tip? Do you just try to keep track of what you order and what the cost of those items are and figure 20% (or whatever you normally tip) of the estimated total? Last time we had free dining, the tip was included.

If I remember correctly the last time I went with the DDP, your original check shows what the cost of the meal would be, (at that time it also included tip so it showed that amount as well) I used to copy the total onto a paper so I could figure out how much I saved with the DDP. Using that original check you should be able to figure your tip.

No.

You get a receipt showing your ordered items, along with a precalculated 18% amount and a 20% amount, for simplicity. These are guidelines - you can certainly tip more, or less if warrented.

If I remember correctly the last time I went with the DDP, your original check shows what the cost of the meal would be, (at that time it also included tip so it showed that amount as well) I used to copy the total onto a paper so I could figure out how much I saved with the DDP. Using that original check you should be able to figure your tip.

We also got the original bill that you sign that had the breakdown of the costs of the meals and had a $0 balance at the bottom (the one you had to sign). I also wrote the amount of our meals on our $0 bills to see what we saved last year as it was our first time using DDP and we paid $700ish for the dining plan last year for 2 adults and 2 kids and then when we added our meals up if was $1300. Holy cow!:scared1: Of course we took in 4 character meals and ate like kings. popcorn::

I am not too happy with paying the tip this year but hey we are on free dining so really not a big deal. :confused3 I am assuming the service will be a bit better as before they were already guaranteed 18% and I am the type of person that if the service is not great I will not be giving a 18% tip. Especially in Disney.

I stayed at the port orleans riverside last year and loved it except for the fact that we were on the second floor and there are no elevators. We carried the stroller and kids and bags up the stairs everytime we left. Not too big of a deal.

We stayed at POR in Jan. They have elevators, although I didn't know until our second night. The first night, we carried the stroller upstairs, then we found the elevators behind the stairs. I think we were in the Magnolia section.

We stayed at POR in Jan. They have elevators, although I didn't know until our second night. The first night, we carried the stroller upstairs, then we found the elevators behind the stairs. I think we were in the Magnolia section.

Depends on what section you are in...Alligator Bayou building do not have elevators but the mansions do. LOL I also found out the had way in 2002 when we were on the second floor of AB and I had to carry DD's stroller up and down the stairs. :rotfl:

We booked free dining for 8 nights (9/20-28). DH will not be there the entire time and I informed the CM of that. She stated that he would have to be on the ressie for the entire stay. I'm okay with that, but what about his dining credits? I know that dining credits are non-transferable. However, is it "wrong" to let other members on the same ressie use the credits he won't be able to use? I'm paying the $10/nt surcharge for an extra adult for even when he's not there.

I know that some people will say that no, they are non-transferable, end of story. However, I have read that others will take someone not in the party and treat them, as long as it doesn't exceed the total number on their cards (2A1C for example).

Would just like some opinions please.

We booked free dining for 8 nights (9/20-28). DH will not be there the entire time and I informed the CM of that. She stated that he would have to be on the ressie for the entire stay. I'm okay with that, but what about his dining credits? I know that dining credits are non-transferable. However, is it "wrong" to let other members on the same ressie use the credits he won't be able to use? I'm paying the $10/nt surcharge for an extra adult for even when he's not there.

I know that some people will say that no, they are non-transferable, end of story. However, I have read that others will take someone not in the party and treat them, as long as it doesn't exceed the total number on their cards (2A1C for example).

I believe you can use them for yourself because they get pooled, but it is not allowed (nor right) to use the dining credits for someone that is not on your reservation. You aren't paying for the dining. :)

It's your credits. Do whatever you want with them. Does it really matter if it's your DH that eats the food or someone else? No, it doesn't. dogodisney said that you aren't paying for the dining. I believe you are paying for it in some form. If not you, then the families that are renting strollers are paying for it. They could've made it easier for you and just let him be on the plan for the time that he is there. They didn't do that, so enjoy those extra credits.:thumbsup2

I don't see anything wrong with doing what you want with them. They have been given to you. Disney knows your DH isn't going to be there to use them, and yet they have given them to you anyway. Either treat yoursself to a breakfast on the days he's not there, to use his ts or cs, or just give it all away. I don't see where it matters :confused3

I would definitely use them, but not for people that are not on your ressie. Maybe do a breakfast and a dinner on a day when he is still there. Or go to a signature restaurant that you would like to try.

I agree with everyone, use the credits for another meal. You could also use them as CS for breakfast or lunches. Last year my DH and I shared a lot of the CS credits so it is kind of the same thing. You were honest with Disney and they still gave you the credits so why not use them. :banana:

I agree that they are yours to use. You could use them to treat the rest of your party to a 2 credit meal like the Hoop De Do or Mickey's Backyard Barbeque.
Enjoy all your credits!!

I agree that they are yours to use. You could use them to treat the rest of your party to a 2 credit meal like the Hoop De Do or Mickey's Backyard Barbeque.
Enjoy all your credits!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that! For example.. DS is a HUGE snacker.. He uses way more of my snack credits than the rest of us. DD enjoys an extra counter service or so, (while DS is snacking!) The credits are pooled. Like you said as long as its for people on the same ressie, go for it and do what you like! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter