Free parking at theme park perk ???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb168

DIS Veteran
On a recent trip (trip report on my website) we didn't have any points to stay at DVC and everything was booked up on property so we stayed at a DTD resort. The next morning we got up and drove to MK and when I got to the parking entrance where I USUALLY have a big pass from the resort on my dash, I whipped out my DVC membership card for the old guy, umm um er, parking attendant:), and he asked what resort I was staying at. When I told him he replied "That's only good if you're staying on property at a Disney resort, $10.00 please." I had never heard this before. Fortunately I have an AP and according to mr. geriatric, it is good no matter where you stay, and let me park for free.

Is this true or did I just pick the wrong line to get in with an uninformed CM?

On a recent trip (trip report on my website) we didn't have any points to stay at DVC and everything was booked up on property so we stayed at a DTD resort. The next morning we got up and drove to MK and when I got to the parking entrance where I USUALLY have a big pass from the resort on my dash, I whipped out my DVC membership card for the old guy, umm um er, parking attendant, and he asked what resort I was staying at. When I told him he replied "That's only good if you're staying on property at a Disney resort, $10.00 please." I had never heard this before. Fortunately I have an AP and according to mr. geriatric, it is good no matter where you stay, and let me park for free.

Is this true or did I just pick the wrong line to get in with an uninformed CM?

I usually read posts such as this with an open mind, however as someone crowding 50, I take offense to your characterization of the parking attendant. I guess this goes to show that age discrimination is still rampant.

Have a nice day.

I thought I was going easy on him, what I wanted to say was crotchety old ^&%$^%$$%*^%!!!!!

If you are "crowding 50" you are a Spring Chicken sonny compared to this guy. My dad is older than you.

Yep, parking guy was right.

Free parking is NOT a DVC perk, never has been.

It's a perk for Disney resort guests. So, if you're staying at at Disney resort, DVC or non-DVC, on points or cash, you get to park for free at the theme parks.

If you're staying offsite, you don't get free parking, even if you're a DVC member.

I think, but am not sure, that you can park for free if you have a AP, whether or not you're staying on property.

i don't understand what the guys age has to do with it - he knows the rules and was asking for payment when payment was needed.

and good for him for working into his "geriatric" age. at least he still can work, wants to work, and probably enjoys his work until he meets up with people who think they know better.:sad2:

Wow, another case of someone reading the wrong intention of a post.

Didn't argue with him despite what he said AND the crappy way he said it. Yes he was a crotchety old guy, sorry if that offends anyone, maybe you are too. I've never had a CM talk like that or in the way he said it. It was the epitome of every old guy joke you've ever heard.

Anyway, I didn't dispute him, don't know where you got that from either. When he said this I just asked about AP and he said that was good and I flashed it.

Instead of blaming the "geriatric %&*U*@#$", blame the uniformed whipper snapper who didn't read the rules. FREE PARKING is only a perk of you are staying onsite UNLESS you have an AP.

Wow, another case of someone reading the wrong intention of a post.

Didn't argue with him despite what he said AND the crappy way he said it. Yes he was a crotchety old guy, sorry if that offends anyone, maybe you are too. I've never had a CM talk like that or in the way he said it. It was the epitome of every old guy joke you've ever heard.

Anyway, I didn't dispute him, don't know where you got that from either. When he said this I just asked about AP and he said that was good and I flashed it.

I get it, MB168. I love him dealry but my father's image appears in my head when I read "crotchety old guy." My father should never be allowed in a custormer service job! On the other hand, my mother would be perfect!

That said, other posters are correct that no free park parking with your DVC card.

"That's only good if you're staying on property at a Disney resort, $10.00 please."

ya the guy sounds like a horrible old crotchety guy to me.

would you have liked it better if he had said "dude, can't do that fork over the bills"

FYI i'm 38 and i'm sure there are people here younger then you offended by the way you worded your op.

Shall I edit it or does everyone think they can get over it?

I'll turn 37 on our trip this June. Don't see the point. My 80 year old grandfather would have thought this guy was a coot.

Who was the old guy shaking the cane "you kids get offa' my property before I call da law on ya"

Question has been answered - thread closed.

For those who need the reminder, this is from the DIS Posting Guidelines:

3. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter