French Quarter

Regclixpix

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Can anyone tell me about the French Quarter? We want to stay there because it is smaller than most other resorts, therefore less walking. Is it nice? Any info. will be appreciated.
Regina
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October, 09, 2003 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=purple>Look out WDW, here we come! :wave:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We\\\'re on our way!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

My whole family stayed there Thanksgiving week in 1999. We had 3 seprate rooms. We loved it. It is very small compared to other moderates- which makes everything close. With children the ages of 8, 5, 2, and 6 months, we found this to be very convenient! You are very close to bus stops, the food court, and pool- if you go during swimming months. Though we did not use it, the pool is heated. The rooms were very nice- no problems. The atmosphere is quite and similar to New Orleans- only a lot cleaner!!:D The food at the food court was good- probably average. We loved the beignets for breakfast!!! :jester: The service was good. We asked for a portable crib, bed rails, and 2 adjoining rooms in non-smoking close to the bus stops. All the requests were filled when we arrived. We also asked for extra towels throughout the stay and they were very prompt. I also believe you can get limited room service- not sure. We had planned to stay here in Nov. 2001 but the resort was temporarily closed due to low attendance after 9/11. We were relocated to Riverside. While Riverside is a beautiful resort and we really enjoyed our stay, we missed the small size and convience of POFQ- especially with little ones! POFQ is a quite resort and a terrific atmosphere. I don't think you can go wrong with this resort! We'll be there again this Nov. - not long after you. I'll be anxious to read your trip report! :Pinkbounc

Thanks Tink2, very helpful info. We'll be staying at POFQ next Feb (too long!) It'll be my first time on property, the first trip for my 3 kids, and I haven't been to WDW in 10 years! I was so unsure of which resort to choose and am hoping I've made the right decision. Being from SW PA any time in FL is swimming weather for us, so the cool looking water slide factored into our decision -- obviously my two DS's picked that!:cool:

Anyone else with info on their stay at POFQ? I'll take all I can get! Especially if anyone has been there in Feb.

My husband and I really love PO-FQ! Our little one (we are the guardians of our 4 1/2 y.o. granddaughter) adores the pool and the impressive serpent waterslide. The size of the resort is perfect for us (we've stayed at all the All Stars, Contemporary and Caribbean Beach too) as the walk to anything is easy. The boat to PO-R and to Downtown Disney is so much fun. The theming is fun, it looks like the real French Quarter in NOLA. The rooms are fine, the staff great. The food at the Sassagoula Floatworks (made to look like the big warehouses where Mardi Gras floats are built) has a pretty good variety, the cost and quality comparable with other places at Disney. The busses stop there before PO-R and the wait was reasonable most of the time. We're going back with grandkids this summer!

I think you'll love it.

We were just there last week, and we had a great time! We liked the smaller resort - one bus stop and one pool - because it was very convenient. We stayed in building 5 and never had a long walk to anything we needed.

We never waited long for a bus, never had to cram on a bus on the way to a park. The POR is picked up after FQ, but a few rides we didn't go to POR at all, and a couple of the times we only stopped at the main bus stop there. On the way back from the parks, we were dropped off first, which I considered a big plus!

Another big plus was the boat between POR and FQ and the boat to DTD. Even if you only take the boat ride for the ride itself, it is worth it!

The pool area was very nicely kept, and the lifeguards were excellent! We saw a small child being "saved" by a lifeguard who impressed us all!

The mousekeeping was very good too! Our animals were "arranged" every night which delighted my boys. Every time I asked for something (asked for a replacement shower curtain on the first day and extra towels many days) I received prompt service.

The food court was good, with a good variety. The CMs there were helpful. Definitely make sure you have some beignets!

We have already raved about FQ to all of our friends and relatives - the boys were sad to leave!
Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you!

That is SO reassuring! I'm already excited and sure I'll be ready to burst by the time we go! (I'm worse than the kids!):p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter