fridays frantic riddle

I hear that! I haven't even started wrapping or my cards :sad2:

Oh no...
Well I shall be cake making this afternoon, just spoke to dh (who must have relieved himself as he was happy to talk) and gave him my christmas cake shopping list... wonder if he managed to get it all and the right things??? However have now progressed to making 2 christmas cakes...

Oh my goodness don't you have christmas cakes? I can't believe it.
A christmas cake is a special sort of fruit cake (with some spices and often brandy in it, but my dad doesn't drink alcohol so we don't put it in). You cook the cake (it takes 4 hours to cook) and then when cool cover it with a layer of marzipan (almond paste you may call it) and then with icing (top and sides) and decorate with christmas decorations - santa etc or ribbon and flowers... (rather like wedding cake I guess).

Anyway first one in the oven... hope it comes out ok, I've never made one before...

I never heard of it Sparky but I would love to see a pic when its done!

would love to post a picture of it... how many posts do you need before you can do attachments?

What special christmas food do you eat? Do you have mince pies and christmas pudding ?

I think a hundred Sparky! If not you can pm it to me and I can post it for you!
No just lots of cookies, we do ham and turkey on Christmas day. How about you?

It's so strange how different, different countries are! Are you in the US? We also have chocolate logs and I made christmas shaped ginger bread... I don't actually like Christmas cake, mince pies or Christmas pudding... but dh loves them all!

We do Turkey with cranberry sauce, pigs in blankets, stuffing and veg on christmas day. Traditional desert is the Christmas Pud, but we often have gateaux instead... mmm chocolate...

brightspark said:
It's so strange how different, different countries are! Are you in the US? We also have chocolate logs and I made christmas shaped ginger bread... I don't actually like Christmas cake, mince pies or Christmas pudding... but dh loves them all!

We do Turkey with cranberry sauce, pigs in blankets, stuffing and veg on christmas day. Traditional desert is the Christmas Pud, but we often have gateaux instead... mmm chocolate...
Yes USA, your dinner sounds alot like ours. What is that

gateaux (may have spelled it wrong) is usually a soft sponge cake (flavours vary) with lots of cream between layers, and usually covered in a flavoured cream and maybe some nuts... yum... there maybe some 'sauce' in the layers... choc or lemon or whatever flavour the gateau is...

Am disappointed taht you ddidn't need to ask what pigs in blankets are..

We don't have those beef and rice things... and dh has never heard of them either... try our pigs in blankets it's yum...

Do you have yorkshire puddings ? We aren't supposed to have them at christmas because they go with beef officially but I love them

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
Here they're sausages wrapped in pancakes.
How on earth do you wrap a sausage in a pancake? And are you talking about a long sausage or a flat one like the imposters that get called sausages in WDW?

brightspark said:
How on earth do you wrap a sausage in a pancake? And are you talking about a long sausage or a flat one like the imposters that get called sausages in WDW?
Welcome to the club Sparky, Duck is teasing you :rolleyes: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter