Friends of Dorothy Sept 17, 2006

nordkin

DIS Veteran
I thought it might be fun to start a thread for those of us who are going on the 11 night Southern cruise and are friends of Dorothy so we can get to know one another before the trip.

We will be there... Donald and Scott, and our friend Pam. Looking forward to it...

Just to let everyone know I will maintain a list of people and try to get things a bit organized so we can meet.

I have added you to the list. if you want to PM me with the names, I will also add that. For us it is me (Donna), my partner of 19 years Joi, our 21 year old daughter Alessa, and my mother Katherine.

Does anyone on this thread know a better way to spark interest and start planning a few things? I have posted on the Gay Friendly thread, but not getting much response. I know there are others out there.

How long till someone asks "Who is Dorothy and why does she have so many friends?" :rotfl2:

OrlandoMike said:
How long till someone asks "Who is Dorothy and why does she have so many friends?" :rotfl2:

I have a sister Dorothy... does that count???

Wishing we could join you! Not in the cards this time around.

Michael and Marc

Hey Donna thought this thread was important enough to give it a BUMP!! :Pinkbounc Wish we were gonna be there, but we need another year to save....guess y'all will just have to re-book and come party with us in 2007! :teeth:

We are hoping Disney does a special cruise somewhere in Europe in late 2007. The Panama Canal cruise in August was so wonderful we are hoping they announce another special cruise for 07. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2007 and have agreed to do a cruise of some sort in Europe to celebrate. By then all the kids will be out of high school and hopefully in college so we can finally have a vacation for just the two of us after all these years, although I think our daughter might have a problem if it is Disney and we don't include her.

dan and scott said:
Hey guys-count us in!

Dan

Great. I have added your names to the list I am maintaining. I have seen your posts on the other thread and was wondering if you would post on this one. Good to have you here. As we get closer to the cruise we will arrange a meet.

Donna

We wouldn't miss this cruise-this will be our 13th DCL cruise, #11 was Panama Canal and #12 is in just 50 days (January 7th)

I do know of at least 3 more couple that are joining us, Don and Scott (which we meet on the PC cruise-but I can't find a post from them here anywhere!), chuck and Dean, 2 of our friends and another couple who maintain their own website.

Dan

Dan- Were you on the August or May repo cruise? We were on the August and met Bill and Tim that are also going on this cruise. We would not miss it for anything. My mother and our 20 year old daughter are joining us on this cruise.

We were on the August Repo cruise as well. Not sure who Bill and Tim are but we dined with Bill and Bill (CA) and Bob (NJ). bob is also going on the 11 day cruise-guess I should have mentioned him too-especially since he is booked with me (I am a TA).

Do you email out lists?

Dan

nordkin
Do you have a pic posted anywhere? I would love to see it to see if I would recognize you from the cruise-LOL

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter