Friends visiting our resort...

Henlady

DIS Veteran
Friends who live in Kissimmee would like to visit us for an hour or two during our stay at POFQ. Would they be charged a parking fee? Would I need to notify the guard at the entrance gate that we are expecting them?

No, day guests do not pay for parking. All they need to do is tell the guard they are there to visit you or even to just look around and have lunch and they will be allowed in. They would not be allowed to use the pool.

I haven't had an issue at POR but the guards at Coronado wouldn't let my sister in even with my name and room number. I had to drive out to the gate, give her one of our magic bands and she went through the gate ahead of me. This has never happened to us before so I have no idea if they were trying out a new policy or what. This was over Thanksgiving. No issues at Pop over NYE.

I haven't had an issue at POR but the guards at Coronado wouldn't let my sister in even with my name and room number. I had to drive out to the gate, give her one of our magic bands and she went through the gate ahead of me. This has never happened to us before so I have no idea if they were trying out a new policy or what. This was over Thanksgiving. No issues at Pop over NYE.

Sounds like someone was on a power trip as that should not happen. My In Laws were at Coronado all last week and had a local couple visit them every day with zero issues just giving the guard my In Law's name.

The resort you are staying in is most likely fine. If you are staying in a resort that has monorail or skyliner access, they most likely won't let you park there (unless you have proof of dining reservations).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter