From LAX to DL hotel

surgefest

DIS Veteran
What services do you use to get from LAX to the DL hotel?? Does anyone rent a car and then is there a way to return it after arriving at the DL hotel??

The only time we went to Disneyland we used Lansky’s totally worth the price includes a grocery stop
Same here. Was just us four riding to and fro. Driver did a good job both ways getting us over to the left lane quickly which saved a lot of time in the traffic. Was so easy. Dropped us off right at GC front door and picked us up on return day. Well worth the price.

I used to use Lansky's but after a less than ideal trip with them March 2022 we switched to using Executive Car Service.

I used to use Lansky's but after a less than ideal trip with them March 2022 we switched to using Executive Car Service.
I have never used Lanksy's. I use Golden West Express Transportation. I hardly hear anything negative about Lanksy's. How much is it? What happened?

I have never used Lanksy's. I use Golden West Express Transportation. I hardly hear anything negative about Lanksy's. How much is it? What happened?

For a one way trip from SNA-GCH in 2022 it was around $120 before tip for 4 passengers and luggage.

What happened was a bit on the airline and a bit on Lansky's. Our flight was delayed a bit and I let Lansky's know this about 4 hours before our scheduled pick up time. When we landed I let the driver know which terminal we landed at but the driver had gone to a different terminal. It took him quite a while to get to us, maybe around 20-30 minutes and by the time he did finally pick us up, he refused to take us to a store to pick up some things we needed saying that it was too close to his next scheduled pick up so there was no time. Had he been at the correct terminal we would have had time for the quick Target/Walmart trip I asked for but because of him having to get to us, Lansky's refused.

The next trip we took (July 2023) was with Executive, round trip LAX-DLH and then DLH-LAX, price was $155 before tip for the same 4 passengers and luggage. There was a bit of an issue when we landed because my sister landed at a different terminal than we did because she was on a different airline but the driver was amazing! He had no problem coming to get the three of us and then going to the other terminal to get my sister. Going back to the airport was also very smooth, both trips the driver kept in communication with me via text. No issues at all and we are using Executive again in April.

What is a rough estimate of uber price from LAX to DLR?

That could vary greatly depending on time of day, but in my experience I think 50 to 60 bucks before tip. Also, it's been a little while, so figure a bit higer due to gas prices, etc.

For a one way trip from SNA-GCH in 2022 it was around $120 before tip for 4 passengers and luggage.

What happened was a bit on the airline and a bit on Lansky's. Our flight was delayed a bit and I let Lansky's know this about 4 hours before our scheduled pick up time. When we landed I let the driver know which terminal we landed at but the driver had gone to a different terminal. It took him quite a while to get to us, maybe around 20-30 minutes and by the time he did finally pick us up, he refused to take us to a store to pick up some things we needed saying that it was too close to his next scheduled pick up so there was no time. Had he been at the correct terminal we would have had time for the quick Target/Walmart trip I asked for but because of him having to get to us, Lansky's refused.

The next trip we took (July 2023) was with Executive, round trip LAX-DLH and then DLH-LAX, price was $155 before tip for the same 4 passengers and luggage. There was a bit of an issue when we landed because my sister landed at a different terminal than we did because she was on a different airline but the driver was amazing! He had no problem coming to get the three of us and then going to the other terminal to get my sister. Going back to the airport was also very smooth, both trips the driver kept in communication with me via text. No issues at all and we are using Executive again in April.
The fault was Lansky's and I totally agree with you and your switch to Executive. I paid $150 for myself from LAX to GCH each way in August 2023. Golden West Express. I plan on using them again for my next trip in August 2024.

That could vary greatly depending on time of day, but in my experience I think 50 to 60 bucks before tip. Also, it's been a little while, so figure a bit higer due to gas prices, etc.
sounds good.
all the driving service types I see are 100+ for one way trips.
flying into LAX and out of SNA, so one ways are needed for us

sounds good.
all the driving service types I see are 100+ for one way trips.
flying into LAX and out of SNA, so one ways are needed for us

You can look up an estimate on Uber's site. I tend to use Lyft and couldn't find a place to do that, but it should be similar.

What is a rough estimate of uber price from LAX to DLR?

UberX LAX>Disnelyand should be about $55 on a normal fare(+tip). Surge pricing is a thing during peak times but that is less common at LAX since there are usually a ton of drivers looking to pick up there.

I love the LAX Uber system...you have to get to the transportation center but no waiting for a driver to accept then eventually arrive at a pickup area, you just hop in the next available car in line and go after you request the ride. At SNA more than once have had to wait 15-20 min or longer for assigned driver to arrive,

WHY did you tip ANYTHING to this driver who was late and screwed up your plans? Definitely deserves a $0 tip

UberX LAX>Disnelyand should be about $55 on a normal fare(+tip). Surge pricing is a thing during peak times but that is less common at LAX since there are usually a ton of drivers looking to pick up there.

I love the LAX Uber system...you have to get to the transportation center but no waiting for a driver to accept then eventually arrive at a pickup area, you just hop in the next available car in line and go after you request the ride. At SNA more than once have had to wait 15-20 min or longer for assigned driver to arrive,
I only used Uber once and now I am a bit confused…

Is the way you request/ start a ride different at LAX? (I only know that it is in a special area and you have to take a shuttle to get there)
I thought you request a ride and then look for the requested car with all the other people around you doing the same? (Maybe even mixed with Lyft and other services…) I imagined it quite stressful and confusing so I haven't bothered with it…

Is the way you request/ start a ride different at LAX? (I only know that it is in a special area and you have to take a shuttle to get there)
I thought you request a ride and then look for the requested car with all the other people around you doing the same? (Maybe even mixed with Lyft and other services…) I imagined it quite stressful and confusing so I haven't bothered with it…

We just used Lyft about 2 weeks ago LAX-DLH , DLH-LAX . It was the easiest way to get to DLH .
In the past we have used Lanskys (which was great, but they are getting pretty $$$) .
Also have rented a car , but the hotel charges about $40. a day to park it (thats about $300. a week ) .
Was considering renting a car for 1 day to get to DLH , then 1 day to get back to LAX . Price was about $100. each way . Alamo has a location just outside the park , across the street from Marriott Residence Inn. Decided that option would be to time consuming , by the time we dealt with the shuttle to the rental car facility , then the rental car itself time wasted , then dropping it off and walking back to DLH . Figured we would prob be at DLH hotel using an Uber/Lyft quicker than we would even be on our way with a rental car ......... we were right !

Uber/Lyft was super easy . Cost was about $70 to DLH , and about $65 back to LAX . Pretty much at prime times .
All pick-ups are from the LAXit pick up lot right next to terminal 1 . We arrived in Terminal 1 , and it was a VERY easy walk to the LAXit lot after getting our bags . Like 5 miutes or less walk. As the terminals get farther away , they have an internal shuttle bus that will drop off at the LAXit lot. Uber/Lyft drivers can NOT pick up at the terminals (except Uber Black) . They CAN drop off at the terminals though, so back to LAX was even easier.
The DLH hotel has an area for Uber/Lyft pick-ups just outside the main entrance of the Fantasy Tower (where you check-in) , and the drivers can drop right off at the hotel entrance , as well .

I can not think of any easier , faster or cheaper way to get to DLH from LAX , and then back to LAX from DLH .
It worked great fro us, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again the next trip ! It was super easy, and fast . We were at the DLH hotel within an hour of getting off the plane !

HTH .......

Typically yes that is how Uber and Lyft work virtually everywhere but LAX is a bit different…once you get to the transpiration center you request a ride and are given a PIN number in the app. Rather than being assigned a driver then you wait for them to arrive, drivers are lined up like a taxi stand and you hop in next available car in line and give the driver your pin and go. Typically no waiting for a car. It is really easy peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter