Funny Memes

You ain't kiddin', I just read in the Wall St Journal how it's ok for stations to put up to a $175 hold on both Credit AND Debit cards when you use a card at the pump and there was no obligation to share this with cardholder ... so it's priced like a mini-vacay so pffft. Never have I ever spent $175 at a pump.
I don't see how anyone can spend that much unless one lives in a high tax area and still stubbornly drives a gas guzzler for their transportation needs. I just filled my car up, 11 gallons and it cost me $48.00. Individuals buy the SUV's, not the government. One pays for what they get! I have driven comfortably, mostly at 75 mph, from my house in Raleigh to WDW, 600 miles, on one tank of gas. A little less than 14 gallons.

I don't see how anyone can spend that much unless one lives in a high tax area and still stubbornly drives a gas guzzler for their transportation needs. I just filled my car up, 11 gallons and it cost me $48.00. Individuals buy the SUV's, not the government. One pays for what they get! I have driven comfortably, mostly at 75 mph, from my house in Raleigh to WDW, 600 miles, on one tank of gas. A little less than 14 gallons.
That means you're getting over 42mpg. You're only going to see that in recent (ie: last 5 years) of vehicles, and maybe hybrids. I don't think it's fair to criticize people for not getting more than 40mpg in their vehicle. I would expect probably ~27mpg for the average. Which means 600 miles would be just over 22 gallons. At $4.75/gallon would be $105. Granted, most tanks are probably in the 15-17 gallon range, so that would be around the $76 mark.

You ain't kiddin', I just read in the Wall St Journal how it's ok for stations to put up to a $175 hold on both Credit AND Debit cards when you use a card at the pump and there was no obligation to share this with cardholder ... so it's priced like a mini-vacay so pffft. Never have I ever spent $175 at a pump.
They will add a slot for the gold coin next.

That means you're getting over 42mpg. You're only going to see that in recent (ie: last 5 years) of vehicles, and maybe hybrids. I don't think it's fair to criticize people for not getting more than 40mpg in their vehicle. I would expect probably ~27mpg for the average. Which means 600 miles would be just over 22 gallons. At $4.75/gallon would be $105. Granted, most tanks are probably in the 15-17 gallon range, so that would be around the $76 mark.
Yup, my turbo equipt 2019 VW Jetta R-line gets that kinda mileage sorry about those that don't get that. The $48.00 that I quoted was for 11 gals, what I paid yesterday at $4.39 per gal locally. I'm fully aware that I don't get that mileage driving around locally, but I could push it into the station empty and pay $62.00.

Yup, my turbo equipt 2019 VW Jetta R-line gets that kinda mileage sorry about those that don't get that. The $48.00 that I quoted was for 11 gals, what I paid yesterday at $4.39 per gal locally. I'm fully aware that I don't get that mileage driving around locally, but I could push it into the station empty and pay $62.00.
$4.39 a gallon? I wish. I just paid $6.15

$4.39 a gallon? I wish. I just paid $6.15
If nothing else that should tell you that it isn't the cost per barrel because that is the same everywhere. It is the oil processors, wholesalers and independent stations that are adding to it. That said, however, the biggest cause in this country are state and local taxes. That is where the bulk of the variation kicks. Federal tax on it has not changed. Income from it has because those other entities have added to the at pump price. And some states have vastly higher tax rates on gas. I will add that $4.39 is the highest I have paid since this increase started.

If nothing else that should tell you that it isn't the cost per barrel because that is the same everywhere. It is the oil processors, wholesalers and independent stations that are adding to it. That said, however, the biggest cause in this country are state and local taxes. That is where the bulk of the variation kicks. Federal tax on it has not changed. Income from it has because those other entities have added to the at pump price. And some states have vastly higher tax rates on gas. I will add that $4.39 is the highest I have paid since this increase started.

We're DOWN to $4.69 in CT, and that's with the state gas tax being temporarily suspended.
I'm much more worried about the price of heating oil this Autumn and Winter.

We're DOWN to $4.69 in CT, and that's with the state gas tax being temporarily suspended.
I'm much more worried about the price of heating oil this Autumn and Winter.
As well you should be. That is one of the reasons I left New England. The cost of warmth was breaking the bank and one of the reasons why I hated winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter