Future incentives?

Sprinkles&Sprints

Mouseketeer
Hi all -

I'm in the process of closing on two resale contracts (our 1st!!) but am also considering buying direct when Poly 2 is released. Obviously none of us know what the future holds, but for those who have monitored incentives when previous resorts launched, can you share a sense of what we could see? I was too late to the GFV party :)

Thank you!

Hi all -

I'm in the process of closing on two resale contracts (our 1st!!) but am also considering buying direct when Poly 2 is released. Obviously none of us know what the future holds, but for those who have monitored incentives when previous resorts launched, can you share a sense of what we could see? I was too late to the GFV party :)

Thank you!
https://***********.com/disneyland-hotel-tower-presale-info-disappoints-fans/

https://dvcfan.com/2023/05/02/the-villas-at-disneyland-hotel-on-sale-now-member-incentives-released/

DVC used to offer strong incentives when resort first went on sale, but with VDH and VGF2 stronger incentives came later. Keep an eye on the FW Cabins pricing to see if they do the same. I'm interested in Poly2 and am willing to wait a few seasons to see if better deals come along. Hopefully in that time we'll also get a better idea which direction DVC is going, whether that's a multi-home trust or another non-restricted addition or something else entirely.

DVC used to offer strong incentives when resort first went on sale, but with VDH and VGF2 stronger incentives came later. Keep an eye on the FW Cabins pricing to see if they do the same. I'm interested in Poly2 and am willing to wait a few seasons to see if better deals come along. Hopefully in that time we'll also get a better idea which direction DVC is going, whether that's a multi-home trust or another non-restricted addition or something else entirely.
Thanks so much!

It depends on how the company manages the division.

A year ago during the big sale at VGF sales soared. Is the team going to be accountable on a YOY basis? If so, we will see big incentives. If that's not what they're being measured by, and say, profitability is the goal, we might not see big incentives.

Legitimately asking but have there been stronger incentives for VDH after the initial pricing?

I'm curious if they'll take the Riviera approach with Poly 2 where they seem to take their sweet time and have less aggressive incentives. I think there isn't a doubt that the majority of us at least like VGF as a resort, but it struggled with cash bookings and I think that was reflected in the summer sale. I wonder if Poly 2 being a brand new tower is going to be treated as a hot commodity with less aggressive incentives as a result.

To be fair, the initial pricing for DVC members on VGF2 was the best price per point; the only reason the summer sale was "better" was because of magical beginnings, which is selling some of your points back. Disney gave a great price for that, but buyers were losing a year of points.

Also, for international buyers like myself, MB is not available, and the summer sale wouldn't have been any cheaper than when I bought in right out of the gate.

My gut is saying meh opening incentives, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I think they'll love having a ton of cash bookings at a primo spot. From what I hear, Riviera does well on cash bookings and has quite the fan base that way, which I think is reflected in the slow roll of incentives for the resort. I don't think they'll NEED to do incentives unless the economy tanks.

Are these incentives offered to all members (resale and direct, regardless of point total) or do you need to be a blue card holder with the 150 direct point minimum in order to get them? I also signed a small resale contract recently to become a first time DVC member, and I'm hoping to add more points direct for Poly2 if the incentives are there for resale members.

Are these incentives offered to all members (resale and direct, regardless of point total) or do you need to be a blue card holder with the 150 direct point minimum in order to get them?
offered to all members, regardless of whether you bought direct or resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter