Future runDisney Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been pretty well isolated to the MW 2022 thread and hadn’t seen this pop up. I’m beginning to become less and less optimistic for when rD may be back for in person events. I signed up for my vaccination on the first day it was open for me to register and will be getting my second dose in a little over a week. Unfortunately, I am definitely the exception in my area.

It’s not really the anti-vax contingent that worries me, it’s the apathetic-vax contingent. That is the biggest group in my location. People who think others being vaccinated makes it unnecessary for them, or think taking an hour out of their life to sign up, go get a shot, and go home is too much of an inconvenience, or are putting it off because they’re scared of needles, etc., etc., etc.

It’s so much easier to do nothing than to do something. Since the impetus is on private individuals we have to hope they don’t choose to do nothing.

I’ve been pretty well isolated to the MW 2022 thread and hadn’t seen this pop up. I’m beginning to become less and less optimistic for when rD may be back for in person events. I signed up for my vaccination on the first day it was open for me to register and will be getting my second dose in a little over a week. Unfortunately, I am definitely the exception in my area.

It’s not really the anti-vax contingent that worries me, it’s the apathetic-vax contingent. That is the biggest group in my location. People who think others being vaccinated makes it unnecessary for them, or think taking an hour out of their life to sign up, go get a shot, and go home is too much of an inconvenience, or are putting it off because they’re scared of needles, etc., etc., etc.

It’s so much easier to do nothing than to do something. Since the impetus is on private individuals we have to hope they don’t choose to do nothing.
this is so true, I'm interested to see what happens when it's clear everyone has gotten it who is willing. We can't expect to keep some of these public policies/recommendations in place when people are vaccinated who don't want to follow some of the guidelines plus the people who never wanted to plus the people described above who were doing it for the "vulnerable" who are now protected. I don't envy cast members come June and July when the temps start getting into the 90's, capacity is increasing and is certainly higher than last summer anyway, going to be hard to enforce some of this stuff. Places like Wal-Mart, Target, Costco etc will be the places to watch as far as how long the "ask for masks" lasts. Consequently, how long do you "punish", for lack of a better term, the people who have done everything in good faith by not having events like run Disney. Tough call.

Last edited:
Legally they couldn’t require proof of vaccine per Florida law
I was thinking about this and they could probably get around it. Disney is not a FL company, and just because the event is held in FL does not mean that they could not force the documentation to be provided during the registration process, which has nothing to do with FL.

Provide proof at registration.

Currently it’s an executive order which relies on the fact that it’s approved under an EUA; once it has full BLA licensure the legality of the order is questionable at best.
Well, if it is only an executive order it does not have the power of law. The state legislature would have to pass a law to make it binding. Not that the FL state legislature is above that.

Well, if it is only an executive order it does not have the power of law. The state legislature would have to pass a law to make it binding. Not that the FL state legislature is above that.
They’re allegedly working on one, but that’s been in the news for a while. I don’t think a law would stand up to scrutiny in court either way.

Also, as I understand things, the EO doesn't carry a penalty, unless a business is receiving state money. I doubt WDW has any state contracts, though maybe it received COVID money - not sure if that would count.

That may not even matter since it would be RunDisney putting on the races and they’re technically a different company.

there is also speculation that the first weekend could become a lottery with a reduced field - I think that scares me more than just having a reduced field and upcharging. dang, I hate the speculation and the waiting - sooo scared in all honesty. (to be clear - no rumors of lottery, just that some speculated they could implement that if demand is super high and they limit field...anyway, just being paranoid on my part)

Last edited:
Also, as I understand things, the EO doesn't carry a penalty, unless a business is receiving state money. I doubt WDW has any state contracts, though maybe it received COVID money - not sure if that would count.

Oh crud...does this mean the "Employees must wash hands after using rest room" is going away, too?!?!
I feel sick. :crazy2:

So are there any Peloton enthusiasts in here? I've avoided spinning for years, figuring running was the most optimal (and least boring) method of cardio training. Injuries over time have humbled me and we just joined a gym with a few Peloton bikes. So far I'm loving it. My hips have never felt better and I feel its greatly improved my leg strength and endurance.

I'm concerned about them jacking up the price. Already I'm looking at a $2,000+ budget for Dopey and that is only my hotel, registration fees, and rental car with my park tickets and airfare covered. I want to do the races, but the current prices were already in the crazy zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter