Galactic Starcruiser - what is next for this space?

Ok, so I should just say your statements are pixiedusting in the future, that way I am not technically calling anyone a name? Is that your loophole?

Or how about that statements are Orwellian group thinky, that more appropriate?
I think the most appropriate response or statement is a simple Have a nice day and a Happy new year, I hope you get to enjoy at least a few movies in 2024... or at least reading the fan pages about them.

It’s really simple to most people yes there were issues with the prequels (I.e., jar jar, Anakin’s terrible dialogue at times, etc.). However most kids loved them and they have gotten better with time. For a variety of reasons, but one was that what Disney did showed us it could be so much worse when you had people that didn’t understand Star Wars running things.
giphy (4).gif

This is my definition of hot garbage…….when less than 50% of the fans like a movie.
You skipped an important part… <50% of the fans on that site.
I’m a fan and have no idea what site that is, & I didn’t vote. I assume I’m not the only one, so one websites results is not necessarily the best metric, but if it fits your feelings I’m sure it feels like fact.

Out of curiosity, what does that site say about Rogue One on its own? Similar or majority positive?

Rotten tomatoes is not perfect but it is currently the best thing we have to measure fan ratings of movies. Are there some review bombing on both sides, yep there sure are.

If something has a great audience score on RT, there is a decent chance I will like it. There are some exceptions to the rule, but that’s not the norm.

Last edited:
Rotten tomatoes is not perfect but it is currently the best thing we have currently to measure fan ratings of movies.

Although the summaries of critics' reviews on RT are helpful, when it comes to fan voting, IMDb gets many times more input than RT. For example, the RT page you cited for "The Last Jedi" had somewhere between 100,000 and 249,999 votes, whereas the IMDb page for that movie currently has 662,894.

The IMDb user rating for TLJ is 6.9--definitely not stellar (pun intended), but hardly a flop, either. The two sequels got 7.8 and 6.4. Note that George Lucas's prequels got 6.5, 6.6, and 7.6.

Using RT as you prefer, the prequels only scored in the 50% range in fan voting except for "Revenge of the Sith" that scored 66%. Disney's three sequels scored 85%, 42%, and 86%. Oh, lookee: you only mentioned the one sequel film that got a really low RT score! Gosh, I guess you "accidentally" overlooked the fact that two of Disney's films scored way, way higher than any of George's prequels.

The Last Jedi was the movie that started the decline and ticked off so many legacy fans, so of course I used that one. That movie is considered one of the most divisive movies in cinematic history and is credited with “splitting the fan base”. Why would I not use this as the example of how far off the rails the ST went?

I could care less what a critic says ever about any movie. They are mostly a bunch of west coast looneys anyway, so them not liking something is normally a good sign I will like it.

Audience scores are much more reliable imho.

Last edited:
Those made a bunch of money and a whole bunch of folks went to see those. Not my cup of tee, but I am not surprised many liked them.

I could care less what a critic says ever about any movie. They are mostly a bunch of west coast looneys anyway, so them not liking something is normally a good sign I will like it.

Was reading a review this morning about the new Godzilla. The "professional" critic was obsessing over the how the movie didn't take any "chances" and that it didn't focus on the "human characters."

:D

It's Godzilla. You know what you're going to see! Who sees Godzilla for the human characters?

This is all you need to know about critics, right here. Absolutely horrendous show with terrible viewership numbers, bad CGI, bad dialogue, twerking superhero, but the critics sure liked it!

They have even caught a bunch of critics recently taking cash for positive reviews, zero integrity in the critic review process at this point in time.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
Was reading a review this morning about the new Godzilla. The "professional" critic was obsessing over the how the movie didn't take any "chances" and that it didn't focus on the "human characters."

It's Godzilla. You know what you're going to see! Who sees Godzilla for the human characters?
Wasn't the 1998 Godzilla movie's issue that it focused TOO much on the human characters?

I liked it. (G-Minus 1) that comment is funny to me as I thought it did focus on the human story a lot. Overall it was fun. Good Godzilla monster... plenty of stomping scenes. Been watching Monarch Legacy of Monsters... also fun.

It was well done, they gave the Godzilla fans pretty much what they wanted. They were not attempting to subvert expectations, or some of the other stupid mess Rian Johnson was doing in TLJ.

Another good example is Wonka. Nice movie that honored its legacy characters very well. Imagine that!

The Last Jedi was the movie that started the decline and ticked off so many legacy fans, so of course I used that one. That movie is considered one of the most divisive movies in cinematic history and is credited with “splitting the fan base”. Why would I not use this as the example of how far off the rails the ST went?

Audience scores are much more reliable imho.
Then by your own definition, if TLJ "started the decline" in SW films, how come TRoS has an 86% audience score on RT? That certainly was a very brief "decline."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker

We get that you hate Disney's sequel trilogy. That's absolutely fine. Just don't cherry-pick evidence to claim that your view is the majority.

Last edited:
Then by your own definition, if TLJ "started the decline" in SW films, how come TRoS has an 86% audience score on RT? That certainly was a very brief "decline."

Because it retconned the entire The Last Jedi film and the audience reacted accordingly? What's to debate here?

https://time.com/5751752/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-the-last-jedi/

They've even admitted they didn't plan out this trilogy.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/...editor-last-jedi-ruined-star-wars-1202223866/

Because it retconned the entire The Last Jedi film and the audience reacted accordingly? What's to debate here?

https://time.com/5751752/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-the-last-jedi/

They've even admitted they didn't plan out this trilogy.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/...editor-last-jedi-ruined-star-wars-1202223866/
They know this, you just won’t get them to admit it. Disney freaked out when the reception to TLJ was so bad, and they hired JJ with the instructions for him to fix it. He did the best he could which is why it’s all nostalgia to try and win over the OT fans that were so ticked off. They even attempted to kinda reconstruct Luke after Rian Johnson destroyed his character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter