Galactic Starcruiser - what is next for this space?

Can we all just agree Leia flying through space without oxygen was the point where those who hated the new trilogy were done?

Woman died in real life. Easy out to let her go in that scene and poof, star wars becomes a comedy film with one moment.

Can we all just agree Leia flying through space without oxygen was the point where those who hated the new trilogy were done?

Woman died in real life. Easy out to let her go in that scene and poof, star wars becomes a comedy film with one moment.
lol.... I am sure Polymer will disagree... but that did not bother me. Leia was force sensitive, and in many ways it would be easier to force fly without gravity. Many times Luke was able to defy gravity and 'fly' on a planet where he had weight.. why not let Leia propel her weightless body? We had already broken the light saber wound means death convention. Several creatures naturally exist in the space 'vacumn'.

Well it was Disney and they just couldn’t resist giving Mary Poppins a nod there!

It was pretty comical when it happened and about what you expected with people heading Lucasfilm that know very little about Star Wars.

Last edited:
it took a greater show of strength and ability to force project a convincing image to fight Kylo. You underestimate the difficulty of that. . That is why the glances down at the red salt foot prints was so perfect, he knew that Kylo could figure it out if he was not so pissed off, Luke doing that showed his strength more than simply jumping into a ship and flying there. Why not make it different? Luke jumping in a ship has been done already.

Like I say, it was a great scene. It just doesn't seem like enough to kill him since it didn't accomplish much at all.

That and after 40 years of waiting he's only alive for 1 minute in the first movie, and none of the 3rd. Just a weak showing for the trilogy IMO.

That said, he was on screen longer in the Disney+ shows, and destroyed 28 Dark Troopers.

So as mentioned above, they seem to trying to "rebuild goodwill" through D+.

A good way to promote another Disney IP, I guess.

And yes I love Mary Poppins…..I have probably seen it a hundred times. It was my daughter’s favorite movie when she was a toddler.

Just didn’t care for Mary Poppins flight during Star Wars.

Last edited:
I'm so happy that those who have gone on the Starcruiser are keeping the community alive. There's going to be a Halcy-CON (get it) in October! I'm not sure I can make it, but I'm just thrilled that people are banding together to keep the spirit of togetherness going.

A quick question how do you think the new Rey movie will do at the box office? A billion or more, like the three movies before it?
If by "the three movies before it" you mean the sequel trilogy, it would be difficult for any Star Wars movie to match the original nine in box-office performance. At this point, everything is a spinoff.

Everyone knew that George Lucas originally planned to have nine films, and although he hedged on that and his and Disney's plans changed over the years, that number was etched in fans' brains. Now that those nine films are completed, SW is going off in different directions with different main characters. Yes, some of those characters--such as Rey--are more closely related to the original storylines than others, but they're they'll never be part of that near-mythical triple trilogy.

If it’s as billed and 15 years after TROP and a continuation of Rey’s story. How is it not a sequel instead of a spinoff?

If it’s as billed and 15 years after TROP and a continuation of Rey’s story. How is it not a sequel instead of a spinoff?

It just won't be called "Episode X" - it will be more like Rogue One & Solo. I mean Rogue One is a Prequel to A New Hope, but it's not part of "The Saga."

Personally, I think they should try to do something very different, even style-wise. It's time for that.

It just won't be called "Episode X" - it will be more like Rogue One & Solo. I mean Rogue One is a Prequel to A New Hope, but it's not part of "The Saga."

Personally, I think they should try to do something very different, even style-wise. It's time for that.

I certainly agree they need to do something drastically different.

I certainly agree they need to do something drastically different.

I mean drastically too - the kind of thing that would make most fan's head's explode. Think something like Star Wars Visions - still holding the canon, but with a new visual style.

I mean drastically too - the kind of thing that would make most fan's head's explode. Think something like Star Wars Visions - still holding the canon, but with a new visual style.
I am on board for drastic changes, and I do agree that drastic changes are in order. The IP is pretty sick right now and needs some new blood infused into it.

Last edited:
Well it was Disney and they just couldn’t resist giving Mary Poppins a nod there!

It was pretty comical when it happened and about what you expected with people heading Lucasfilm that know very little about Star Wars.

There were audible groans in the theater during this scene when I watched it. Plus, the CGI wasn't the greatest either.

There were audible groans in the theater during this scene when I watched it. Plus, the CGI wasn't the greatest either.
Same at my showing…..a very audible groan. Only thing in Star Wars that got more reaction than that was the “Rey who?” moment in TROP. One lady screamed out “NO” in my showing of TROP.

At least they're not in a bad of shape as Marvel as most of the D+ releases have been well received.
I personally believe you can fix Marvel much easier. Deadpool with Wolverine will do well in the theaters, so that tells you return to form and the fan base is still there.

Same at my showing…..a very audible groan. Only thing in Star Wars that got more reaction than that was the “Rey who?” moment in TROP. One lady screamed out “NO” in my showing of TROP.

I like Star Wars, Empire is probably my favorite film, but it's not my passion. But I love going to the first few showings with the diehards because they can make the movie. :D

I personally believe you can fix Marvel much easier. Deadpool with Wolverine will do well in the theaters, so that tells you return to form and the fan base is still there.

I have some reservations about Deadpool due to the rating. I am not sure it can draw the MCU crowd. I think it will do well, but with a somewhat different audience (with some overlap). It may not be indicative of franchise health though.

I personally believe Hugh Jackman in a 1990s X-men suit is right in the wheelhouse of what the fans want. I have been wrong before though. I thought Wish was going to be a return to form and a big win for Disney…..but I was wrong about that.

Deadpool has a smaller, but very dedicated fan base in my opinion. I have a good friend who was not really a MCU guy, but loves Deadpool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter