Elliemay2

Mouseketeer
I haven't been to WDW since COVID and Genie+.
We have a short notice trip for a cheer competition and I have read everything I can find on the new system.
Below is our plan for our 3 day hopper tickets + celebration party at HS.
How do I find out what rides are open at the party?
We love Star Wars and haven't been since it opened.
We also love FOB, TOT, all the mountains
We want to try all of the new stuff (Star Wars, Runaway railroad....)
Can I get advice on a strategy? Do I need ILL, G+, and still rope drop? Thanks!

Fri 10th - RD MK: ride(s), Breakfast (Waffle) - Leave before 1030AM to ESPN - Comp at 11:30 to 1:40
Fri 10th - 3PM MK: Stay until after Fireworks
Sat 11th - RD AK: Stay until ? (Depends on if we make finals)
Sat 11th - Evening at ESPN if we make finals (will stay at AK until 4pm+)
Sat 11th - Evening at MK if we do not make finals (Can go anytime)
Sun 12th - RD EP: Stay until 1:30
Sun 12th - HS: Stay until Celebration Party is over 1AM

Thanks!!!

Is the celebration party just for your dance team or is this party during regular park hours like extended evening hours? If it's regular EEH, Disney will post the rides available for the dates they are hosting EEH. Right now, they are only doing EEH for MK and Epcot but I do know they've had EEH for DHS a few times last year.

If it's a party just for your group and the park will be closed to the general public, you need to ask whoever is planning the event, possible that you'll be given that info at another time. But if that's the case, you won't be offered any iLL$ or G+. I've not been to any private events like that but know folks who have and when it's that small of a group, they don't usually provide those services since they're not needed and basically the rides open are walk ons. Even with all those dance people, ya'll can't fill a whole park.

I'd use G+ and iLL$ for MK and your DHS time but would only use iLL$ at AK, given there's a chance you may leave early and it's not really always needed. Your plans seem pretty solid but of course you'll have to be flexible for the competition which could throw a wrench in your plans. For such a short trip, RD will enhance your chances of tacking more ground and hitting the headliners but given you're there for a dance comp, you guys might be kind of zonked so I'd play it by ear. We tend to do a combo of early/later days and we usually feel like we get a good amount done.

Do yourself a favor and read up all you can on G+ and make sure you understand when you can select rides, modify, etc. Also, make sure you know that you can fiddle with G+ and constant refreshing your phone is your friend. Be sure you know how park hopping works with G+. Have fun and good luck!

Is the celebration party just for your dance team or is this party during regular park hours like extended evening hours?
Thank you! The party is an after hours ticketed party for cheerleaders and their families/friends.
Tickets were purchased through Varsity.

I'd use G+ and iLL$ for MK and your DHS time but would only use iLL$ at AK
What rides would be best to RD vs. G+ and iLL$?

Thanks again!!!

OK, you won't have G+ for the ticketed event at DHS. You can certainly buy it and use it for the first part of your day at Epcot and DHS, but you won't need it for the party.

What rides are best to get G+,iLL$ vs RD really depends on what you want to do. G+ priority order for DHS is Slinky, TOT and MMRR and/or MFSR. If those are on the hot list with iLL$ for Rise. I've not used G+ at Epcot and only have used iLL$ in the past.

We've done a few different strategies at MK depending on the day. Keep in mind if you are hitting MK up for early theme park entry before the park opens to non disney resort guests, only tomorrowland and fantasyland are open for rides so that usually will dictate your strategy. If you're there for ETPE, best bet is to RD whatever headliners in tomorrowland or fantasyland and get your G+ for your later in the day selections. The G+ that go fast at MK are Jungle Cruise, PP and then splash, space and BTMRR, obviously no splash for a little while. If you are arriving at general public park opening, we usually head towards adventureland and work the park in clockwise order. We will RD pirates, BTMRR and HM and then start using our G+ LL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter