Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Do you have an idea which Halloween merchandise is out? Do they have the DL spirit jersey?
According to pics from my facebook group: Halloween lollipop ears, orange spirit jersey, t-shirts, a black spirit jersey with halloween-colored lettering

At the home store they have the mickey pumpkin pillow, towels, mugs, throw blankets, wreathes, haunted mansion stuff

So it seems to all be out!

According to pics from my facebook group: Halloween lollipop ears, orange spirit jersey, t-shirts, a black spirit jersey with halloween-colored lettering

At the home store they have the mickey pumpkin pillow, towels, mugs, throw blankets, wreathes, haunted mansion stuff

So it seems to all be out!
Thank you! Hey, did you see that the Mickey hand ear headband that you wanted is on Shop Disney? :)

Yep, CM mentioned the Halloween merchandise was the reason for the hoopla.

I went just for a quick walk and a pretzel, so I'm unsure of the actual wait time to get in.

I did notice that DisneyHome had a cute Halloween display by their entrance.

Report from this evening: It was more crowded than we've seen it recently in DTD! And the parking hadn't even closed. There was a line for temp check, and there were 2 dogs working their tent. Almost everyone wore masks -- and CMs got after the exceptions -- but there was almost no social distancing because there wasn't much room to go anywhere! This was the first time I've seen anyone in the mask relaxation area -- and all the benches were taken! WOD was using the virtual queue all evening, right up to closing. Marcelines and the Dress Shop had medium long/long lines all evening. Salt & Straw was a walk on! (Yay!) Pin Traders had the "Together Again" masks (pink and blue) in L and XL. No one had the Tiki Room or Small World mask in L. Plenty of Halloween merchandise at WOD -- some things, e.g, pumpkin Mickey cushions, which had sold out earlier in the week were restocked today. Plenty of DL Halloween spirit jerseys in all sizes.

Report from this evening: It was more crowded than we've seen it recently in DTD! And the parking hadn't even closed. Almost everyone wore masks -- and CMs got after the exceptions -- but there was almost no social distancing because there wasn't much room to go anywhere! This was the first time I've seen anyone in the mask relaxation area -- and all the benches were taken! WOD was using the virtual queue all evening, right up to closing. Marcelines' and the Dress Shop had medium long/long lines all evening. Salt & Straw was a walk on! (Yay!) Pin Traders had the "Together Again" masks (pink and blue) in L and XL. No one had the Tiki Room or Small World mask in L. Plenty of Halloween merchandise at WOD -- some things, e.g, pumpkin Mickey cushions, which had sold out earlier in the week were restocked today. Plenty of DL Halloween spirit jerseys in all sizes.
Wow! And I thought the heat would keep people away. That's why I am not going down there this week. Don't feel like wearing a mask with the current weather. Was WOD crowded? I suspect the virtual queue being there b/c of the Halloween merchandise. The past weekdays I have gone there was literally no line for WOD.

For parking, a lot of people are starting to park off-site and just walk or uber in. That way they don't have to deal with parking closures.

Report from this evening: -- there was almost no social distancing because there wasn't much room to go anywhere!
This. This is my concern about most places. I'm glad the CMs were enforcing what they could, but I will pass on shopping/dining somewhere if I notice it's too crowded. It's why I stayed for just a short time on Monday.

Wow! And I thought the heat would keep people away. That's why I am not going down there this week. Don't feel like wearing a mask with the current weather. Was WOD crowded? I suspect the virtual queue being there b/c of the Halloween merchandise. The past weekdays I have gone there was literally no line for WOD.

For parking, a lot of people are starting to park off-site and just walk or uber in. That way they don't have to deal with parking closures.
We've never waited for WOD before -- just walked right in! This time the virtual queue had about an hour wait. The CM said that you can check in after your time, but not earlier. So we went to eat dinner, received our text to return, finished eating, then checked in for WOD. The return line took about 5-10 minutes. The store was what I would call "normal" crowded. No real lines at the registers, but lots of browsing guests and some kids running around. That makes sense about people parking off site -- we saw several cars making the turn for the DTD drop off lot.

This. This is my concern about most places. I'm glad the CMs were enforcing what they could, but I will pass on shopping/dining somewhere if I notice it's too crowded. It's why I stayed for just a short time on Monday.
Dining wasn't too bad -- the tables at Naples were far enough apart; but there was a family letting their small children just roam around and crawl over the planters and empty chairs. There was no problem finding a place to sit to eat our ice cream. And inside the shops wasn't too bad. But the center walkway was surprisingly crowded for a week night!

On Monday, I noticed seating was more congested (people sitting on the "Do Not Sit Here" stickers) around Wetzel and Napolini. There was more room around Tortilla Joe's and some spots still had shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter