Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I thought they couldn’t charge for parking due to a requirement from the state regulations ? 🤔
Really? That is the first I have heard about no being able to charge for parking. My town didn't monitor the downtown meters for about 2 months but have been since June.

Really? That is the first I have heard about no being able to charge for parking. My town didn't monitor the downtown meters for about 2 months but have been since June.
Wasn’t aware either but maybe Orange County has a parking moratorium or something in place. I know LA county signed something to be relaxed when it comes to parking enforcement since people are at home more.

Wasn’t aware either but maybe Orange County has a parking moratorium or something in place. I know LA county signed something to be relaxed when it comes to parking enforcement since people are at home more.
That's with regards to street cleaning enforcement, not for charging parking.

That's with regards to street cleaning enforcement, not for charging parking.
Got it! Then not sure if Orange County has something that is mandating Free Parking at places like DTD. I know knotts has free parking right now for their festival. That’s also Orange County..

Got it! Then not sure if Orange County has something that is mandating Free Parking at places like DTD. I know knotts has free parking right now for their festival. That’s also Orange County..
Most theme park locations aren't charging for parking right now with only the "downtown districts" open. Citywalk isn't charging for parking either right now. They usually charge as a way to make sure theme park guests don't circumvent having to pay for parking.

I'm wondering if these are being installed for when parking fees do come back to try and limit guest interactions with cast members to pay to exit.

I would really welcome this! Sometimes those exit lines at the booths can be so long! There is no need to have parking staffed by humans at this point. Most places that have pay parking have these payment machines.

I plan to visit DTD on Sunday for a few hours, in part to score some limited merch for a friend :-). If there’s anything anyone here would like me to check on, please let me know.

I’ve booked this cool Porsche, which I’ll drive to DTD, to celebrate a few things: my 26th anniversary as a vegetarian (tomorrow) and the completion of a new TV pilot script that I just sent to a friend who’s super successful and has created/written shows that most of you will know. Wish me luck on all fronts! :-).
A856CB07-DC1C-4AFD-80BA-89EA388FF417.jpeg

I plan to visit DTD on Sunday for a few hours, in part to score some limited merch for a friend :-). If there’s anything anyone here would like me to check on, please let me know.

I’ve booked this cool Porsche, which I’ll drive to DTD, to celebrate a few things: my 26th anniversary as a vegetarian (tomorrow) and the completion of a new TV pilot script that I just sent to a friend who’s super successful and has created/written shows that most of you will know. Wish me luck on all fronts! :-).
View attachment 522190

Congrats on 26 years being a vegetarian and kudos on completing a TV pilot script! Wishing you all the best luck and pixie dust for your script.

Love the car! Can't wait to see the pics from your visit to DTD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter