Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Yeah, that's the other place the Dooneys usually hang out (and are often overlooked because they aren't as fancy displayed as they are at Elias and Co). The person helping me is going later today. We'll see :confused3
Did you get the Dooney?? We are all on edge waiting to live through your shopping! Wish I didn’t live in Texas, or I would be taking advantage of the “former” AP discounts. For my budget, it is probably better that I DO live in Texas!

Did you get the Dooney?? We are all on edge waiting to live through your shopping! Wish I didn’t live in Texas, or I would be taking advantage of the “former” AP discounts. For my budget, it is probably better that I DO live in Texas!

I've confirmed success with the person helping me! Bag acquired, paid for, and being kept safe until I'm down in the area at the end of March so I can pick it up :cloud9:

I'M SO EXCITED :sad:💚

I know if you have a dining reservation you can skip the line at DTD. How early do they allow you to come in with a reservation on the Simba side? I have one for 11am on Saturday at Ballast...I have a feeling there will be a line this weekend due to the holiday.

I know if you have a dining reservation you can skip the line at DTD. How early do they allow you to come in with a reservation on the Simba side? I have one for 11am on Saturday at Ballast...I have a feeling there will be a line this weekend due to the holiday.
Back in the fall they let you skip the security line about 10 minutes before your ADR time.

Good tip, thank you.

Related question: What time should I aim to arrive this coming Friday afternoon? My friend wanted to meet 3-4, which I feel might be too late and have long lines? Where are people parking these days? We will have little ones with us and would like to avoid lines to park/enter DTD.

We went last week and the lines to get in were extremely long by the afternoon. We went about an hour after opening and there was maybe a 1/2 hour wait in line to get into downtown Disney, there was barely a line to park. By the time we left, we couldn't believe how long the line was to get in. I'd say give yourself at least an 1 1/2 hours of line time to be safe. The line moves slowly because they aren't letting in a steady stream of people, they're only letting in small batches as people leave.

We went last week and the lines to get in were extremely long by the afternoon. We went about an hour after opening and there was maybe a 1/2 hour wait in line to get into downtown Disney, there was barely a line to park. By the time we left, we couldn't believe how long the line was to get in. I'd say give yourself at least an 1 1/2 hours of line time to be safe. The line moves slowly because they aren't letting in a steady stream of people, they're only letting in small batches as people leave.

Thank you, but that sounds terrible. Wish we could go earlier!

We were at DTD all day today. Here's a quick trip report. Crowds weren't bad all day. We got right in at 10 am from the Harbor Blvd side (we stayed across the street and parked there). No wait to get into DCA all day. We went there first and did all our shopping and got corn dogs and churros. Then we went to World of Disney around 12:30 and walked right in with no waiting. We waited in short lines for Dress Shop and Home Store, but saw much longer lines for everything this evening when we went back for dinner. Weather was beautiful and it was fabulous to be back at Disney

On a whim I checked the app just now and got a Carthay reservation for TONIGHT! Woot!

If we park at the Anaheim Hotel, does anyone know if they require a paper voucher, or can we just show it on our phone?

On a whim I checked the app just now and got a Carthay reservation for TONIGHT! Woot!

If we park at the Anaheim Hotel, does anyone know if they require a paper voucher, or can we just show it on our phone?
You can show on your phone. They will give you the parking slip to leave on your dashboard.

When I went last week on Saturday, they automatically just said $10. So not sure if that’s just the going rate now or if they knew I was going to DTD (I had on a spirit jersey, Disney Dooney, and ears lol). I would still have it on your phone ready to show.

You can show on your phone. They will give you the parking slip to leave on your dashboard.

When I went last week on Saturday, they automatically just said $10. So not sure if that’s just the going rate now or if they knew I was going to DTD (I had on a spirit jersey, Disney Dooney, and ears lol). I would still have it on your phone ready to show.
Thank you!

Should be a very short or no wait at all. I’ve seen people post entering over there walking right in. It’s the main entrance by Simba that tends to have the long wait.
I don't think Simba lot was crowded yesterday when I went but I didn't check first and parked in Garden Walk. They have free Electric car charging, so I was happy with that. The only thing is I have never been to garden walk and took me a bit to figure out how to get out to the street. lol

I don't think Simba lot was crowded yesterday when I went but I didn't check first and parked in Garden Walk. They have free Electric car charging, so I was happy with that. The only thing is I have never been to garden walk and took me a bit to figure out how to get out to the street. lol
For those going in the future that haven’t been and parked there before, I recommend parking on P2 near the movie theatre side. You walk straight out of the structure and continue straight and head down the stairs or ramp on to Disney way and then turn left to walk to Harbor. It’s about 7-10 minute walk depending on the lights changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter