Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Have the weekend been truly horrendous as far as crowds? My options would be either Friday afternoon, or Sunday late morning/early afternoon.
I’ve been there a number of times in recent months and, other than Christmas, crowds have been relatively light. I don’t imagine you’ll have much trouble. Let us know how it goes :-).

OK experts!
We are considering a brief visit to DTD next weekend (not able to go on a weekday for the AP discount, unfortunately) since we will be in the area anyway.

Have the weekend been truly horrendous as far as crowds? My options would be either Friday afternoon, or Sunday late morning/early afternoon.

And- if I managed to secure a reservation at a DTD restaurant that used to offer an AP discount, does anyone know whether those discounts are currently being honored or no?
we went early sunday and the crowd was actually bigger late Thursday, typical socal, go late crowd. But my daughter did mention the 30% discount on weekdays so it might be the reason. Yes the restaurants honor passes for discounts. Reservations are a good idea, but it did not seem like you had to have one.

we went early sunday and the crowd was actually bigger late Thursday, typical socal, go late crowd. But my daughter did mention the 30% discount on weekdays so it might be the reason. Yes the restaurants honor passes for discounts. Reservations are a good idea, but it did not seem like you had to have one.
I did a walk up for lunch at UVA bar on Wednesday during prime lunch time (12:30pm).

For those that were lucky to dine at carthay circle first time arnd, how hard is it to get same day rsvp? Tried booking for next fri dinner or sat lunch & nothing available..it’s long wknd next wk so like everyone else, ppl are trying to day trip out to DTD

For those that were lucky to dine at carthay circle first time arnd, how hard is it to get same day rsvp? Tried booking for next fri dinner or sat lunch & nothing available..it’s long wknd next wk so like everyone else, ppl are trying to day trip out to DTD
I booked my reservation (which was for the last day dining ended up being open) the day they released them. Almost all of the walkups we saw got turned away. This was on a Sunday.

I’m here now and can ask if they accept walk ins.

Carthay is only doing reservations. The CM said they could potentially take walk ins on weekdays when crowds are lower but that’s not a guarantee.

how is the general crowd? Hoping to head there in an hour or two (just DTD in general) and wondering what kind of crowds we’ll be looking at.
Not bad but this is the most people I have seen inside BVS. I haven’t gone over to the main part of DTD yet. There are lines for shops but they are short. It somewhat feels like a park day with very low crowds.

If you want QS food mobile order! The line for smokejumpers was all the way back to Soarin. I mobile ordered and had my food within 10 minutes. While sitting and eating I saw people still in line when I arrived and saw the line. Award Wieners had a short line. No line for popcorn or Marvel land area.

Carthay is only doing reservations. The CM said they could potentially take walk ins on weekdays when crowds are lower but that’s not a guarantee.
We were looking to go on Thursday. No reservations for anything available that day. Crazy. I guess I'll try a walk up. All they can tell me is no and I'm no worse off for asking. lol

Thank you for info. Guess I ain’t eating at carthay circle next wknd..
We were looking to go on Thursday. No reservations for anything available that day. Crazy. I guess I'll try a walk up. All they can tell me is no and I'm no worse off for asking. lol
Try booking a reservation leading up until you go. Sometimes people cancel. And if you don’t, there is no harm in asking about a walk in.

Info from BVS:
-For the Wanda Vision photo area they are allowing all guests, not just legacy passholders.
-You must use self timer on your phone, or someone in your group take the pic for you.
-I took a picture of some of the popcorn buckets, and souvenirs that were for sale with pricing. The Simba buckets seemed to be very popular.
-Another popular souvenir is the Mickey hat bowl at Smokejumpers and Award Wieners.
AA59A695-0E8B-404D-80EA-B30F0BFD5003.jpeg02E1FD85-CF5B-4275-8D6F-758D752E1BE3.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter