Getting by no drink plan questions

Does that include chocolate milk or just white milk? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure there was chocolate milk at the buffet. It was in individual bottles. I just asked my kiddo and he remembers chocolate milk as well. I don't know about ordering it in the dining rooms.

Only drink package we get is the soda package for DH. He likes the freestyle machine and he's a big pop drinker.

Otherwise we bring 2 bottles of wine and have with dinner . He likes red and I like white so it works out well. The dining room stores what you don't finish and will bring it back to you on next night.

And we get fun drinks or beer for him by the glass. Can't drink enough to make alcoholic package worthwhile.

If you're talking the drink card, yes it's offered but it appears to be on a sailing-by-sailing basis. It usually shows up Day 3 or 4, and can be shared. Great value if you like those $13 cocktails or mid-shelf liquors.

Can anyone tell me if coffee is free in the MDRs? So, if I understand, free at the MDRs would be lemonade, iced tea, and milk/ chocolate milk? Can anyone confirm for me? Trying to also figure out if a drink package is necessary now that I read we can carry on water and soda.

No free refills for soda at dinner, you will be charged by the can. You can go to any bar and ask for a cup of water if it is not out for self service.

You do not have to buy a soda package or refreshment package for everyone in the cabin if one does not need it. You can buy the soda package for one or both kids and two refreshment package for the adults. With both packages, you will get a freestyle cup to get soda from the freestyle machines. You do not need the cup to get soda from a gun at the bars and restaurants. They will ask to see your seapass to make sure you have a drink package. With drink package, you can get drinks at main dining room or specialty restaurants. The refreshment package allows you to get bottled water from any bar or venue that has them for sale. Evian bottled water is not included.

if Windjammer is open (which is almost always) you can get 'free' ice water, ice tea, certain flavored waters by the glass and during meal times juices and milk typically (and coffee)

This also applies to 'wipeout cafe' as I recall.

every outside bar will have large dispensers of ice water at the server station with cups, self serve & free. Bring your Yeti and fill er up.
(for sanitation reasons you should dispense to a ship cup/glass and then you your cup to prevent cross contamination)

bottled water (regular filtered water) available for purchase at any bar as are soft drinks

for midnight water I just ask room attendant to keep my ice bucket filled and move to my own cup/glass as needed. (water from the tap is the same water btw)

I believe you'd get soda refills at dinner but it's a long time since I sailed RCL w/out a package

Yes, regular coffee is free everywhere on the ship. You can buy Starbucks or other specialty coffees.
Denise
Thanks, do you know about the MDRs, is there chocolate milk, lemonade, iced tea, and those flavoured waters? Wasn't sure what was free at MDRs vs Windjammer Thank you!

Chocolate milk may or may not be available in the MDR. If that's something your table will want every night and you're doing fixed dining, talk to your server about it and they'll probably ensure that you get some available to you. I think it's just the same cartons you see in WJ anyway.

Alternative: Look at getting Magic Straws or a squeeze bottle of syrup to bring on board. The former does have the issue of being plastic straws (recyclable but not biodegradable) while the latter could be problematic if it were to open while in transit.

Trying to also figure out if a drink package is necessary now that I read we can carry on water and soda.
It really depends. If you like your specialty coffees and fresh squeezed juice, then it might still offer value to you. If you can drink a two-four of Coke a day, it definitely offers value to you.

Chocolate milk may or may not be available in the MDR. If that's something your table will want every night and you're doing fixed dining, talk to your server about it and they'll probably ensure that you get some available to you. I think it's just the same cartons you see in WJ anyway.

Alternative: Look at getting Magic Straws or a squeeze bottle of syrup to bring on board. The former does have the issue of being plastic straws (recyclable but not biodegradable) while the latter could be problematic if it were to open while in transit.

It really depends. If you like your specialty coffees and fresh squeezed juice, then it might still offer value to you. If you can drink a two-four of Coke a day, it definitely offers value to you.
I should have mentioned, our beverage package would ONLY be the soda one; we don't drink juice or need specialty coffee.We're prob going to do the one wifi package (for my 16yr old) and might add the soda package (for me). I'm trying to get all of this info compiled for my friend who hasn't cruised before. This is prob not the right thread, but I'm also trying to find out if ice cream is free?

This is prob not the right thread, but I'm also trying to find out if ice cream is free?
No worries - not like the traffic in this forum is as crazy as the DCL one.

Soft serve should be available somewhere on the pool deck and is free. Ice cream is free in MDR. I think it's sometimes available in WindJammer as well, but can't remember as I try to avoid the buffet.

Some ships may have a standalone ice cream parlor that serves Ben & Jerry's or another premium brand. This will be for extra cost.

When we were on Symphony a few weeks ago, they had hard ice cream in Windjammer every night in the back, usually 4 flavors with assorted toppings to add.
Denise

Are any juices available in the Windjammer or MDR at breakfast for free or do you need to have the Refreshment package if you don't want to buy ala cart? The package states "fresh squeezed juices". I don't care about fresh OJ as much as my husband being able to have some apple juice with breakfast. I am debating if we can just get by with a coffee card or if the package makes more sense.

Are any juices available in the Windjammer or MDR at breakfast for free or do you need to have the Refreshment package if you don't want to buy ala cart? The package states "fresh squeezed juices". I don't care about fresh OJ as much as my husband being able to have some apple juice with breakfast. I am debating if we can just get by with a coffee card or if the package makes more sense.

I have this same question about what is free from the dispensers at windjammer. At breakfast is there free juice? I'm guessing free lemonade and flavored water at lunch? Would just like clarification

I have this same question about what is free from the dispensers at windjammer. At breakfast is there free juice? I'm guessing free lemonade and flavored water at lunch? Would just like clarification
I think I have already answered you a few times. At breakfast there is free coffee, tea, water, apple juice, orange juice (not fresh squeezed), and some flavored waters like mango and strawberry kiwi. At lunch I have also seen lemonade. At dinner you can get coffee, tea, water, and I believe lemonade. I am not sure about the flavored waters.
Denise

I think I have already answered you a few times. At breakfast there is free coffee, tea, water, apple juice, orange juice (not fresh squeezed), and some flavored waters like mango and strawberry kiwi. At lunch I have also seen lemonade. At dinner you can get coffee, tea, water, and I believe lemonade. I am not sure about the flavored waters.
Denise

Yes you did but didnt tag or quote my question so I didn't see your answer. I did not see your answer to which juices and the only difference being the term fresh squeezed which we don't care about. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter