Getting close to Viva Italia - what did you forget?

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I finally found my little travel clock today, and am busy packing up the clean laundry. Unlike my kids I don't have an endless supply of casual tops, so I am bringing laundry detergent to do a quick wash of sweaty clothes along the way. And I'm bringing a big collapsable duffel, to bring home any extra purchases!

Is the travel clock necessary? I just wondered if clocks are absent from the hotel rooms in Italy. Can we do a wake up call? Does anyone have first hand knowledge on this? One less thing to buy and pack would be great.

We don't think a travel alarm is necessary, because. there is an alarm setting on my cell phone and my watch. Why carry something else?

We don't think a travel alarm is necessary, because. there is an alarm setting on my cell phone and my watch. Why carry something else?

Your watch is always good, but keep in mind cell phones that are not GSM compatible will not work overseas. Sprint phones for example will not. That means no time, no alarm.

Your watch is always good, but keep in mind cell phones that are not GSM compatible will not work overseas. Sprint phones for example will not. That means no time, no alarm.

I am getting a global phone for use over there from verizon.

Is the travel clock necessary? I just wondered if clocks are absent from the hotel rooms in Italy. Can we do a wake up call? Does anyone have first hand knowledge on this? One less thing to buy and pack would be great.

Yes, we did wake up calls every day in every location.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I finally found my little travel clock today, and am busy packing up the clean laundry. Unlike my kids I don't have an endless supply of casual tops, so I am bringing laundry detergent to do a quick wash of sweaty clothes along the way. And I'm bringing a big collapsable duffel, to bring home any extra purchases!

My husband and I each had a canvas carry-on for the trip over, loosely packed with just our reading material, cameras, jacket etc., and we used these to bring back most of our purchases. When you see the leather in the markets in Florence, you will be SO happy that you have an extra bag to use (not to mention the silk scarves)!:love:

Just got home - amazing, amazing trip. I'll post more about it.

Memory cards - my husband bought a second one the night after our first full day in Rome, realizing he wanted to take hundreds of pictures...

Travel clock - I liked having it because I could just look up and see the time, this would have been hard for me to do otherwise even though my husband has an alarm on his watch.

Heat - it was still pretty darn hot, especially in Rome and Florence, and my shirts I washed out didn't dry quickly enough. Bring extra shirts and nicer tops/skirts for at least some of the dinners - I didn't, having read that everyone was very casual, but I wished I had nicer, cleaner things for the very lovely evening get togethers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter