Getting frustrated and a little impatient...

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
When oh when is Disney going to come out with the 2008 points for the cruise line? I booke our 2008 trip in January and was told the 2008 points are usually out by mid Feb, but no promises. It's now mid-March and stgill no points. I know I have over a year but we're doing a land portion after the cruise and we are traveling with non DVC members who want to make their reservations NOW but since we have no idea how many points we're using for the cruise it's hard to say how many days we can stay at WDW after the cruise. UGH! Just had to vent a bit! It's like watching a teapot and waiting for it to boil!

When oh when is Disney going to come out with the 2008 points for the cruise line? I booke our 2008 trip in January and was told the 2008 points are usually out by mid Feb, but no promises. It's now mid-March and stgill no points. I know I have over a year but we're doing a land portion after the cruise and we are traveling with non DVC members who want to make their reservations NOW but since we have no idea how many points we're using for the cruise it's hard to say how many days we can stay at WDW after the cruise. UGH! Just had to vent a bit! It's like watching a teapot and waiting for it to boil!
My recollection is most years it's been mid March and at least one year it was April. Since you booked without knowing the charts, what happens if they go up a LOT for your cruise?

Once the points are out they are supposed to call us and give us the option on whether or not to cancel the resservation. We have enough to do the cruise no matter what- it's the stay at VWL after the cruise that will be in jeapordy and if worse comes to worse I suppose we could pay out of pocket and stay at a more moderate hotel. I'm just anxious to have everything planned! I guess it's my type A personality shining through!

Once the points are out they are supposed to call us and give us the option on whether or not to cancel the resservation. We have enough to do the cruise no matter what- it's the stay at VWL after the cruise that will be in jeapordy and if worse comes to worse I suppose we could pay out of pocket and stay at a more moderate hotel. I'm just anxious to have everything planned! I guess it's my type A personality shining through!
That's great as I know the first year this came up and they allowed booking prior to the chart being out, they stated it was a formal commitment no matter what. I'm sure it'll work out fine.

We decided we couldn't wait for the charts for next year 'cuz we found out on Wed. that there was only one "secret porthole" stateroom left for each of the first 3 weeks on the Wonder double dip to CC for next July! (There were more avail. for the 7/27 week). Anyway, I looked again real quick on my lunchbreak on Thurs. & they were still there...by the time I got home & could call (since MS is open late on Thurs) the one on 7/13 was gone! So we snagged the one that was left on the 7/20 cruise since these cabins are so limited! This allowed us to basically book a Cat. 8 as a Cat. 10 - and it leaves us with a few points to spare so we have some "wiggle room" for the points to go up! If we don't need them all then we can use them towards our nights at WDW - but they're there if we end up needing them. :cool1:

(BTW, when I price this years 4 n it's more expensive compared to the prices for the 4 n next summer. So I'm hoping that the point charts will reflect that price diff. too!)

Don't the cruises take up a lot of points?

YES!! But we had enough I think to cover the 3 of us on a 4 n cruise on the Wonder for next summer - so we're cool with spending them that way!

Now we might add the 3 n cruise to the 4 n & do 'em back-to-back, paying cash for the 3 n. Our same cabin is avail. so we could wouldn't have to pack up...& leave. It's either that or we pay cash for WDW for 3 n. 'cuz we're out of points. Hummmmmm.....thinking...thinking...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter