GF resale price

I would contact DVC and ask if it is currently a 25 or 50 minimum Add-on for VGF. $217 per point was the last price I noticed. That presumes you are already a member. Non members (ie no contracts) are currently 150 minimum Direct. I say "currently" because obviously the "rules" change.

At the time VGF2 went for sale, RIV had an extra year of points for some UYs compared to VGF2. This was several years after RIV opened, so the points existed for RIV and not VGF2.

Okay but that is only because the rooms declared for RIV existed prior to 2022 and the new rooms that were added to VGF didn’t.

That difference though still didn’t make BPK different in terms of ownership. It just sounded like your post was indicating they were treated differently when BPK deeds went on sale.

I would contact DVC and ask if it is currently a 25 or 50 minimum Add-on for VGF. $217 per point was the last price I noticed. That presumes you are already a member. Non members (ie no contracts) are currently 150 minimum Direct. I say "currently" because obviously the "rules" change.
Yes it’s 25 for existing. I can’t believe I didn’t know this! Thanks everyone!

Can I buy 25 directly at GF? I just love that resort and figure I can bank and borrow to build up the points for a long weekend every few years.
Yes if you are an existing member in DVC. You cannot finance less than 50 points but you can buy 25 and pay cash.

Otherwise you need 150 points for your initial purchase.

my only comment would be to make sure that you think 25 points is actually usable at VGF. At best that is 2 nights every other year, with a bonus 3rd night here or there with leftover points.

I tried that game with BCV -- thinking I would go for 3 nights (15 points) every other year, but then disney adjusted the point chart to 17 points a night and screwed up my system. Plus I ended up wanting to go every year and finally just bought another 25 points.

Still kicking myself I didn't buy a 200 point contract in 2016 for $100 pp.

Still kicking myself I didn't buy a 200 point contract in 2016 for $100 pp.
If you mean for BCV, then you aren't far from that pp now. Another member just got 117.5 PP at BCV and passed ROFR. We have a contract waiting to pass ROFR at 120 PP for 200 pts at BCV.

If you mean for BCV, then you aren't far from that pp now. Another member just got 117.5 PP at BCV and passed ROFR. We have a contract waiting to pass ROFR at 120 PP for 200 pts at BCV.
no doubt -- but counting 7 years of "lost points" -- which have a conservative value of about $10 (in addition to MF), that's $70 per point of lost value for that same contract. (I'm using estimated value from renting the points minus cost of MFs in order to put a dollar amount on that for comparison's sake).

Admittedly -- I would have unlikely rented the points out -- and would have instead stayed in 1BRs or 2BRs with the extra points. more fun to use than to sell.

So now that I have been looped in thanks to you all! Do Disney direct prices ever go down?

But, small contracts are not incentivized… you need 100 points for incentives to kick in….

Even then, the incentive advantage will be relatively small given the small size of contract. And points cost can go up….

On small contracts, I wouldn’t try to “time the market”, and I’d just buy what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter