GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

Great report! I just sat here and read the whole thing. I'm glad Sickly started feeling better. And I have to comment about this part:

Now we had not gotten any towel animals yet and I was disappointed b/c on our last trip we got 2-3 every day and they were awesome! So with my mousekeeping tip that day I wrote “we love towel animals!” and well, it worked b/c we got one every day the rest of the trip!

I did the exact same thing on our honeymoon. We finally got a towel animal so I wrote a thank you note with the tip, and then we got more towel animals!

We also got the same ornament you all got! Except we has our names painted on the ears.

The pictures of your room are beautiful.. Congratulations on your wedding

thmar-thanks, me too!

robnkris-really? aw that is such a cute idea with the names on the ears! maybe I can write them in or something...hhmm..and yes I learned sometimes you just have to ask for towel animals!

DisneyFairy19-thanks so much, we LOVED our room and now i'm so spoiled nothing is going to be good enough! haha.

about to go to church, next installment laster today! my husband reformatted my computer yesterday so I couldn't write anymore! :confused:

DAY SIX continued (Friday)

We went back to the GF and headed to the concierge lounge to see what kind of goodies we could eat. Yum yum. After that, we changed clothes (knew it would get cooler that night) and headed to the monorail station to go to Epcot. Now sickly had technically been to epcot during the tragic coral reef fiasco, but never during the day, and he said he didn’t remember anything haha. We took the monorail around to the TTC and switched to the other one. I have to say, just being at the TTC made me sick to my stomach b/c I associated it with that awful night when we went to epcot haha.

image58.jpg

my fav. photopass pic of the trip i think!:banana:

When we got there we went straight to soarin which had a 70 minute wait. I had never done sorain so was bummed, but we said we would come back later. We went and rode the cute little nemo ride, and took a couple pics.

100_2375.jpg

100_2380.jpg

I was hungry, and so we used a snack credit and I got a soft pretzel and cheese sauce yummy! I LOVE cheese! I had brought a sprite form the concierge lounge I hadn’t opened yet, so we drank that. We are so good with our money, er…snack credits haha. We walked through inoventions and probably a couple other things I can’t remember, and then we decided to just walk around world showcase. It was 4:45 and we had reservations for 6:10 at Le Cellier. We walked into the mexico pavilion and I showed him where san angel inn was. We were not eating there but I still wanted to show it to him. They had a huge wall up over part of it so it wasn’t as cool as it usually is. We kept going and just basically walked around the entire thing, but we didn’t go in anywhere. Haha. We took some more pics

100_2382.jpg

Then we saw a squirrel…of course, ad some ducks. We also found a nice quite bench and sat down and looked at the water and the epcot ball and tried to coax the squirrel to us.

100_2384.jpg

he let me get really really close.

We walked past Le cellier and to honey I shurck the audience. I think of all the 3D show this one is just…OK. We got there and realized we didn’t have enough time so we watched the jumping water fountains and went to check in at the restaurant. We sat down outside and our names were called in about 7-10 minutes. One bad thing about le cellier is the tables are SO close. We were at a little 2 person table and another one was RIGHT next to us with another honeymoon couple and the girl was like one of those valley girls. She had that accent and talked SSSOOO fast and said “like” about 100 times. It was hard not to hear what they were saying and it distracted me the whole time. The food was alright, once agin not as good as I remember it. The steak was like of tough and the cheddar cheese soup was not as good as I recalled. The desserts were good and sickly enjoyed his food.

100_2388.jpg

100_2389.jpg

100_2391.jpg

100_2390.jpg

I think they should either put the meat on a smaller plate or sprucw it up a bit. it looks lonely.

**this meal gave us the longest wait time as far as our server not being prompt. We had to wait 10 mintues to getdrinks, 15 to get our check, and he seemed to disappear a lot. :confused3

We went out and back towards soarin, where the line was still really long. Ah! Then I realized it was EMH, so we decided to just come back right after illuminations and we would be first in line! (haha everyone else had the same idea) we also got our EMH bands somewhere in between here…so it was about 8:00 and we decided to ride the little boat ride in the land. There were like 4 ppl on it and it was nice and relaxing. I had never done it at night before. We came out of the land and saw there were millions of ppl lined up to see illuminations. I was bummed b/c I knew we would never get a good seat. We were just standing there staring when a cast member walks up and congratulats up. He asked if we were staying for the show and then told us there was a huge pavilion type porch that juts out into the water right in front of us, and it was roped off. He told us at 8:45 the fire marshal will clear it (sometimes not) for ppl to go out on it for the show, but everyone has to sit down out there. We thanked him and went and sat by the rope. There were only a couple of families closer than us. We sat there about 30 minutes and I think a lot of other ppl figured it out b/c now there was a mob, and I told sickly it would probably be a mad dash for the front row against the railing, and he didn’t believe me. I told him to hold my hand so we didn’t get separated and he laughed at me.
At 8:50, they let down the rope and people poured onto the pavilion, pushing and shoving and screaming. Very un-disney like. I grabbed sickly’s hand and we made it through. I ran to the front and luckily we got up against the railing. Yay! It was crowded, but we officially had the best and closest seats in the house. The fire was so hot we could feel it during the show, but it was a lot of fun!

100_2398.jpg

After illuminations, we ran over to soarin with 50 million other ppl. We got there and it said the wait was 45 minutes, but I was determined, so we got in line. We were only in line about 30 minutes. I was really nervous b/c i am afraid of heights and I don’t like to fly, so I thought maybe this was a bad idea…:scared:
I was really nervous, and we ended up being on the “hang glider” that goes up the highest. Great. I strapped myself in and prepared to have a heart attack and close my eyes through the whole thing. Well…..I LOVED IT! This is seriously the best ride EVER! It was SO much fun! Now I see why the wait is always so long for it! If you have never done it go do it! Even if you are chicken like me! It is now my official favorite!!!!! I was so excited when we came out, I told sickly we have got to tell my parents to ride this when they come at the end of April. We decided to end the night on a high note and walked back to the monorail station. When we got to the TTC, we asked if we could ride in the front of the monorail! Yay it was fun.

100_2401.jpg

Back at the hotel, we went to Gasparillas and got (I got) a mickey bar and we went to the room and went to bed. I wanted to be fully rested so we could get up early for our last full day.

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report! You two are such a cute couple and look like you had a blast!! Sorry the food wasn't as good as you remember at Le Cellier!! I need to go back and read some more now--im addicted, lol :goodvibes

Isn't Soarin' just awesome! DF and I LOVED it the first time we did it. You have to be in the highest hang glider b/c it's just not the same when you see feet dangling in front of you. I'm glad you 2 are having so much fun :wizard:

Heatherlynn, you guys are having such a wonderful time. :goodvibes I just love your pictures! You make such a cute couple.:) Now that your husband is well, is he loving Disney like you do??

It's funny, when I saw your Le Cellier steak I thought it looked kinda skimpy. You're right - they need to add something else on that plate or move to smaller plates. ;)

Keep having fun! I wanna hear more. :goodvibes

Lives4Disney :)

I am afraid of heights too and chose to skip Soarin due to my chickenosity!! You have convinced me to try it next time. Even if I have to close my eyes :) Does the seat thing move a lot, or just the picture?

That first picture of you is SO pretty!! Not that the others aren't, but that first one is really nice :)

Ya'll looked like ya'll had a good time!!! I love Soarin'. My DF gets motion sickness and almost didn't ride this when we went to WDW but my little brother and I talked him into it (I had riden it in Disneyland) and he ended up loving it!!!

aw thanks you guys! SRUalmn- the seat tilts, but it is very very smooth, not bumpy or jerky. is just kinda tilts with the picture on teh screen, so if you did get to feeling bad you could easily close your eyes and would be fine as far as the "ride" part goes.

thanks everyone for your copliments! i wish my TR could go on forever, but sadly we only have one more full day to go and then the departure day.

although i may snaek in a wedding day TR...

Ya'll looked like ya'll had a good time!!! I love Soarin'. My DF gets motion sickness and almost didn't ride this when we went to WDW but my little brother and I talked him into it (I had riden it in Disneyland) and he ended up loving it!!!

Good to know too because I get motion sickness on 360 movies. I actually can't even go in Philharmagic!! :(

Soarin' is SUCH a great ride. When my parents were there with us at Disney for the wedding-- we made them ride it. And we stood in the 70 minute wait (although it was more than 70 minutes... that seems to be the busiest ride at WDW). Everyone had a blast. My mom was kinda iffy about getting on it because of her motion sickness-- but she trusted me and they ended up loving it!!

I also love that first photo of the two of you-- so adorable!

Was that your entree at Le Cellier? LOL that wouldnt even put a dent in my DH's stomach! I wanted to eat there so bad while at WDW but they book up SO fast. I always heard good things about the soup. Im glad to hear your take on it .

Great TR ...
happy0065.gif
(DH and I kept trying to ride in front of the monorail but some kid would always come up behind us and ask after us. Then they would say that DH and I had already asked... we would feel like shmucks... and then give it up. Next time-- im gonna be gung ho for the front!)

hey everyone. sorry to dissapoint, but I probbaly will not have an installment up today. I have 5 hours of class tonight and I still have to study, and I have been cleaning my house all day. bah! sorry! stay with me people! :yay: thanks!:grouphug: you are all awesome!

Same here! I have no life :rotfl:

Haha, ditto ;)

Heather- I'm so impressed that you can write your TR and keep up w/ classes :thumbsup2 I finished my classes for my Master's in the Fall, and I had to limit my amount of time spent on the DIS everyday b/c it was such a distraction :rotfl:

By the way, a wedding day TR sounds GREAT! Your pictures are so beautiful and what you have told us from your wedding sounds like it was awesome! So please do it :goodvibes

I LOVE the Photopass picture on your most recent installment. It's a really good picture! I laughed when I read your comment about the steak looking lonely. It does! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter