Gift Certificate for Parents

Bethabooo

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
I'm new here, and I'm soooo glad I found this board! I am 21 and my parents are taking my boyfriend and I, my sister and cousin to Disney World the first week in January. For Christmas I would like to get them a gift certificate for a restaurant down there to use for a night out for themselves. We haven't been to FL in atleast 6 years, and I don't remember restaurants too much. Do any of them provide gift certificates on any websites? Any reccommendations? My parents aren't fancy people and don't usually go to fancy restaurants, but I'd like to get them something they can use down there.
Thanks so much for any responses! :earboy2:

-Beth

Do you want recommendations for off-Disney property, then? What area of Orlando do they live in? And what type of food do they like?

Either on property or off. I beleive we are going to be near the Olive Garden and Bennigans, but I would like to get the a g.c. for somewhere that they wouldn't go to at home. We live in MA. We will be down there in Jan for vaca.
Thanks

Ahh, I thought your parents lived in Orlando :)

It really leaves your options wide open. I would definitely recommend staying away from the ever present chain restaurants (unless, of course, they really enjoy them!). On Disney property is more expensive than off, though it may be easier to reach. Plus, Disney restaurants don't do gift certificates.

What price range are you looking to spend in? That'll help narrow it down a bit more. Do you know their favorite types of foods?

Also, a great thing to do down here is the champagne brunch at the Sea World Renaissance. It's every Sunday, approximately $35/person, and is simply amazing. It's not a "night out" but it's a great Sunday morning event.

last year we gave our friend's daughter and new husband dinner at jiko at animal kingdom lodge. what we did was: i got w/the bride's mom and she helped me on what night would work best for the couple. then i called dining and made the PS in their name. i had it noted on the reservation "honeymoon." then my husband and i presented them w/money to cover the bill, tax, and tip. this worked well. might be worth a try. good luck! :teleport: :earboy2:

Thanks for those ideas. I will look into both tof them. The brunch sounds like something they would enjoy. My bf and I were looking to spend about $50-100. Thanks!

It might even be nicer if you arrange a PS for them at a Disney restaurant and give them Disney dollars instead of cash. It just sorta fits together better for a gift.

Ali

Actually I think you can tip with Disney dollars as well. I read somewhere on here that WDW staff can trade in the Disney dollars at par for USD at the end of their shift.

Ali

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter