Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

These are great. I wouldn't have guessed they were taken at the resort.

We were surprised too. I guess it's vegetation found in Florida.

I can imagine. I hated pushing a stroller up that hill, I'm sure a wheelchair was tough.

Danielle said it was the worst.

Glad Leah enjoyed FOP. A 45 minute standby isn't too bad. (I say having endured 80 minutes for my kids... :rolleyes2 )

The things we do for our kids.

A near-empty Starbucks at park opening is such a wild thought. Like you said, probably the first and only time they'll see it that way.

When the parks were opening up after the shutdown there were so many experiences missing or slow to get going, but seeing lower crowds was so weird. I'm glad we went a few times to see it slowly evolve. I'm sure the people who went right after 9-11 has the same weirdness.

You girls are so funny. Love the adventure poses 😂.
Michelle is the instigator. She has no problem doing silly.

That’s the first time I’ve seen an empty anything at AK. So glad you photographed it to jog the memory in years to come as it’s likely a once in a lifetime thing 😂

I'm looking back as this photos and I'm still amazed at how different everything was back then.

Glad FOP was a success!

Me too. I wanted Leah to really enjoy her trip with us.

I’m glad you enjoyed checking out the dark side! Harry Potter world is amazing but usually always crowded!

I'm very happy I got to finally see some of it. It makes me want to go back again when I have more time.

I hope you really enjoy the WL! It is a great resort!

We are sooooo looking forward to this. I think meeting y'all there in April helped sell the idea of going to WL to Dennis.

Get the Huckleberry Punch at GP, so delicious 😋

It's on my list!

What are your dates?

We're coming in closer to Christmas, December 17th-21st.

Susan and I are traveling together 12/7-12/11. I’m so excited! We are staying at The Towers at CSR!

I'm so happy you get to do that together. You'll have a great time. We had a very short stay at the Towers and enjoyed.

Andi thought pushing me at AK was the worst! She said I never usually sweat and I was dripping, lol 😂

It was the worst!

Monday, September 6, 2021- Animal Kingdom- Return of the King
After everyone finished breakfast we sat for bit and enjoyed Africa. While we were waiting we caught the Donald's Dino Boat Bash.
1697246314138.png

What were we waiting for? The return of Celebration of Festival of the Lion King. We were hoping to get into the 10:30 am show. This was our first trip to catch it since it had opened. We had just missed it on our May 2021 trip. This was a shorter version of the original show due to COVID protocols. Even though it was different it still gave us chills. We sang and clapped along happy to be be there. We did get good seats due to Michelle's wheelchair.
1697246793262.png
1697246891152.png

1697246930853.png

We headed to Dinoland but I can't remember what we did there. This picture is proof that we did go there.
1697247174284.png
I know we headed to Asia next so Danielle and Leah could ride Everest. Michelle and I took some photos and did some shopping.
1697247299782.png
1697247323010.png

1697247349686.png

I like Everest but since I did FOP with Leah and Danielle had stayed with Michelle we switched off for EE. We made our way back to Africa and shopped in Mombasa Marketplace and made our way to Zuri's Sweets Shop. I wanted a treat to bring back to the room. We all got a little something. I got a Mickey Shortbread. He did make it back to the room. Michelle's Mickey Candy Corn cookie lost an ear before making it back. I don't have photos of what Danielle and Leah got.
1697247841586.png
1697247867071.png

Continued in next post.

I need to go back and include a picture from the morning. Danielle took this picture of Michelle while Leah and I were waiting to ride FOP. I just love it.

1697248463600.png

Getting back on track, believe or not we were starting to get hungry for lunch. We headed back to Pizzafari but stopped from some photos all together.
1697248683628.png
1697248710134.png
We wanted to get out of the heat and Pizzafari was the closest place to us. We ate in the nocturnal room. Did you know that each room has a theme? I had the grilled chicken salad which really hit the spot on such a warm day.
1697248877754.png
1697248898707.png

After lunch we headed back to Dinoland to get one more ride in with Danielle. She had to leave us to go to work. She loves Dinosaur so Leah and I rode it with her. Michelle did what she does best, she shopped.

1697249002988.png
After we said goodbye to Danielle we headed back to Asia. When Michelle and Danielle were little we had fun taking photos of them on the different props in Asia. I never really did it back then and wanted to do it too so I finally got my chance.
1697249178292.png
We took some photos along the back side of the Tree of Life and then headed for Winged Encounters.
1697249249913.png

1697249275377.png

I've always loved the Bird Show and have enjoyed each different version. I don't think I ever saw the version with the Up characters that was done before the parks were shut down. I like the current version because there is humor and you learn a lot too. I think the very first version I saw is still my favorite. It was the version with the guy who was a tour guide but had lost his group. He was also afraid of birds. Before we went in I did not know that Leah has a fear of birds. Well, since Michelle had a wheelchair they sat us in the first row in the center very close to the birds. Leah had some scary moments but overall she did well. I have to admit I might have laughed a bit much when a bird got really close to her.
1697249644073.png

Continued in next post.

More birds. I actually have even more photos of the birds. I had never had such great seats for the show.

1697249835210.png

1697249916763.png

After the birds it was time for a refreshing treat. We headed back to Africa and Tamu Tamu. I got my Dole Whip Pineapples cup with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Michelle got a Simba Sunset and Leah got the Carmel Brownie Sundae. We sat in the shaded area and cooled off. I know it seems like we really ate a lot this day and believe it or not we weren't done.
1697250171646.png
1697250214594.png1697250189014.png

After our treats we shopped our way out of the park and back to Movies for a rest and to freshen back up. As I said, we weren't finished eating, we were headed back to Food & Wine for the evening. We did stop for some more photos on the say out.
1697250636639.png
1697250668497.png
1697250701758.png

Last edited:
What a great day at AK. You got some wonderful photos. I really like the one of Michelle where is says “You are most beautiful” on the wall.
I have never seen the bird show or at least I don’t think I have but I love the Lion King show. We loved it so much we went and saw the stage show in London a few years back. Those performers ( in both shows) are so talented.
Love reading about all the snacks too. Looks like it was a hot day so you definitely need the opportunity to cool down that eating provides. That is the excuse my family uses as we snack it way through the day at the parks 🤣👍

Last edited:
This was a really successful DAK day! You all accomplished a lot. FotLK is a can't miss in the park. And the Winged Encounter show is fantastic. I bet it was great getting to sit in the front for it.
The Dole Whip with coconut rum is one of the best treats in that park. Perfect for a hot park day.

What a great day at AK. You got some wonderful photos. I really like the one of Michelle where is says “You are most beautiful” on the wall.

I think this was something the girls saw on Instagram and made a point of finding. I think it's near the bathrooms in the Harambe Market Area.

I have never seen the bird show or at least I don’t think I have but I love the Lion King show. We loved it so much we went and saw the stage show in London a few years back. Those performers ( in both shows) are so talented.

Try to catch the bird show on your next trip.

Michelle and Jimmy took John Paul to the Lion King show when it was in New Orleans last year.

Love reading about all the snacks too. Looks like it was a hot day so you definitely need the opportunity to cool down that eating provides. That is the excuse my family uses as we snack it way through the day at the parks 🤣👍

I like the way your family thinks.

This was a really successful DAK day! You all accomplished a lot. FotLK is a can't miss in the park. And the Winged Encounter show is fantastic. I bet it was great getting to sit in the front for it.

We were doing well this day. I really enjoyed sitting up front. Many of my pictures over the years have lots of head in them due to being so far away.

The Dole Whip with coconut rum is one of the best treats in that park. Perfect for a hot park day.

It is the perfect treat to cool down with on a hot day.

What were we waiting for? The return of Celebration of Festival of the Lion King.
Ah! Been a while since I've been.
Even though it was different it still gave us chills.
:goodvibes
We headed to Dinoland but I can't remember what we did there. This picture is proof that we did go there.
Nah. Definitely photoshopped.

:duck:
I like Everest but since I did FOP with Leah and Danielle had stayed with Michelle we switched off for EE.
Teamwork. :)
I got a Mickey Shortbread.
Shortbread???? Did you say shortbread???? I had no idea!

mmmmm.... shortbread... :cloud9:
1697247867071.png
nom, nom, mom.
I need to go back and include a picture from the morning. Danielle took this picture of Michelle while Leah and I were waiting to ride FOP. I just love it.
It's a great picture. :) I love it too.
We headed back to Pizzafari but stopped from some photos all together.
Nice shots of y'all. :)
We wanted to get out of the heat and Pizzafari was the closest place to us. We ate in the nocturnal room. Did you know that each room has a theme?
Did not know that. I think I've only been in there once.
That front row!
I'm not sure to feel sorry for them or :rotfl:
When Michelle and Danielle were little we had fun taking photos of them on the different props in Asia. I never really did it back then and wanted to do it too so I finally got my chance.
1697249178292.png
Good for you! :laughing:
I've always loved the Bird Show and have enjoyed each different version.
Me too. :)
It was the version with the guy who was a tour guide but had lost his group. He was also afraid of birds.
I remember that!
Leah had some scary moments but overall she did well. I have to admit I might have laughed a bit much when a bird got really close to her.
:laughing:
I got my Dole Whip Pineapples cup with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum,
:sick:

Coconut and Rum???? :faint:

Ah! Been a while since I've been.

You need to go back.

Teamwork. :)

is Dreamwork.

It's a great picture. :) I love it too.

Thank you! :hug:

Nice shots of y'all. :)

Thanks again!

Did not know that. I think I've only been in there once.

Not the greatest food but the rooms are very interesting. Remember to look up.

That front row!
I'm not sure to feel sorry for them or :rotfl:

I know, it's a train wreck. I wonder if those kids will ever do that ride again.

:sick:

Coconut and Rum???? :faint:

Yeah, not your thing.

I don't like margaritas.

You need to go back.
Why yes. Yes I do. ::yes::

Hoping to, someday.
is Dreamwork.
You should copywrite that.

;)
Not the greatest food but the rooms are very interesting. Remember to look up.
Oh? Now I'm really intrigued. :)
I know, it's a train wreck. I wonder if those kids will ever do that ride again.
:laughing: Would've been an interesting conversation to listen into afterwards.
Yeah, not your thing.

I don't like margaritas.
Meh. Let's meet up and have sweet girly drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter