Glow stuff at DL

Misskitty3

DIS Veteran
Can you still buy glowing necklaces and "stuff" at DL? If so, anyone know what they run $$$?

yes they do but I forgot how much they are..I think they run between $3-$5..anybody else help here???

:thumbsup2 Thanks for reminding me to prepurchase these items before we go in October.
I always go to The Dollar Tree in my area for "GLOW Stuff".
You can get 5 bracelets for $1.00, and they have 2 necklaces for (yes) $1.00!!
Some stores also have pendents, glow sticks, etc.
You could buy them ahead of time and wait to open them until that night?

OOOHHH I Never thought about going to the dollar stores.... yes, that I will do! That would be cool to have glow necklaces

That is what prompted me to ask....I bought glow necklaces today at our local party store as I know DS will want some when he are at DL and he see's all the other poeple with them.

There used to be, and still may be, a Dollar Tree store a few stores down from Disney's Character Warehouse in Fullerton, CA. :)

I forgot to add but right now at Oriental Trading Company they have tons of the glow in the dark stuff! I'll be buying from them online.

We were lucky enough to get the pack with 10 glow necklaces for $1 at Dollar Tree. My DD loved them (she's 11), but had even more fun sharing them with other kids we met.

I always go to the Dollar Store for the glow in the dark items. My girls absolutely love them and have fun passing them out to other kids we meet at the park. I have a DL bag that holds all the stuff I only use at Disneyland--spinning, light-up toys, hats, etc. I put in glow stuff so I'm always prepared!

LOL! Don't mind paying the $5 for a bucket of popcorn but I HATE to spend money on those little light up necklaces!

I just went to the dollar store, and they have their halloween goods out already, including glow sticks, glow braclets, glow necklaces, and even glow earrings. They had a 3 pack for a buck, so I went and stocked up on those things, cause they would be cool in the park.

man why do I not do things like that? why must I go and pay $1200 for a glow necklace in the park when I could go to the dollar store and get them $1199 less? I never remember to do that :rolleyes2

disneegrl4eva said:
man why do I not do things like that? why must I go and pay $1200 for a glow necklace in the park when I could go to the dollar store and get them $1199 less? I never remember to do that :rolleyes2

:rotfl:

disneegrl4eva said:

It's a disney impulse buy! :goodvibes I did that too with those little battery powered fans they sell there. I think it's $8 for one and I remember they sold similar ones for $2-3 at Walmart and forgot to buy one. Now they don't have them anymore :(

Yeah you gotta be careful with stuff like that... I was thinking "Ok I am going to Disneyland in a few weeks, what will I purchase there? A disney shirt most likely".

Then I went to walmart and I saw this ADORABLE Chip and Dale shirt for $7.99. I couldnt pass that up. Then I realized it was smart, because now when I go into the park, I dont have to spend $25-30 on the same or very similar shirt, and I have something Disney to wear in the park.

I now have saved money on other things that I can buy in the park.

mystic_path said:
Yeah you gotta be careful with stuff like that... I was thinking "Ok I am going to Disneyland in a few weeks, what will I purchase there? A disney shirt most likely".

Then I went to walmart and I saw this ADORABLE Chip and Dale shirt for $7.99. I couldnt pass that up. Then I realized it was smart, because now when I go into the park, I dont have to spend $25-30 on the same or very similar shirt, and I have something Disney to wear in the park.

I now have saved money on other things that I can buy in the park.

Walmart sells disney shirts?? I don't think the walmart in my area carries those.
:(

Yup Walmart sells em. In all the Walmarts i've been to, i've seen a wall in the womens department that sells differnt character t-shirts (disney, south park, M&M, etc). The wall has the shirts on display with cubbies under them so you can go into them and choose the shirt you want from the folded up piles. I almost bought a tinkerbell and Pirates one the other day.

But the Chip & Dale shirt that I got was in the Pj section. Im not sure what it was doing there cause it doesnt look Pjish as it should, but I have a tank to go under it, so its perfect!

I got a really cute Tigger shirt from Wal Mart. My DD got a great Chip & Dale sweatshirt from Kohl's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter