• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gondolas

Packed in tight, squished against the person standing next to me, is how I'd describe Disney buses, at least beginning and end of the day.

Yes for sure the busses are sometimes that tight. I meant the gondolas - I doubt they pack people in against strangers although they could but I don’t see them doing that

Ten people in a cabin means that some people will be standing. Even with 8 in a cabin there isn't enough time to ensure everyone is seated and non-cooperating people on board have to exit before the cabin has to depart.

Last edited:

Ten people in a cabin means that some people will be standing. Even with 8 in a cabin there isn't enough time to ensure everyone is seated and excess people on board have to exit before the cabin has to depart.

Ten is a max capacity - yes there may be people temporarily standing but I'd imagine everyone HAS to be seated for the ride. They would have to load fewer if there wasn't enough room for the full 10 on the benches. I'm sure they have the loading/unloading/timing of the gondola physically leaving the platform timed out pretty tightly to allow for people to be seated by the time they are in the air away from the platform.

Ten people in a cabin means that some people will be standing. Even with 8 in a cabin there isn't enough time to ensure everyone is seated and non-cooperating people on board have to exit before the cabin has to depart.
The cabins are designed to seat 10 people. They are not designed to carry standees. They will not be loaded with more riders than can fit on the seats. If more people try to load than can be seated, cast have the ability to stop the system. But I expect cast will be directing Guests to a cabin, so that won't happen very often.

With 5 riders per bench, seat width is slightly more than typical airline Economy seats in the U.S.

At ski resorts people have time to put their skis on board then get in and sit so I am sure it will be fine at Disney. The CM will probably be good at eyeballing group size and people size and place them accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter