Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

I won an auction - lot of 25 Disney pins - last week. Received them yesterday and compared them to pinpics. I THINK I have SIX authentic pins out of the lot. There were three that I could not find, and two I'm not sure if there are fakes or not. I bought them on a hunch - thought I was getting a great deal! Lesson learned = always consult the Disboards first!!

In the past, I've looked at disneycrazy. My thought was no. My sister even purchased pins from them. She is not as anti-scrapper, as I am.

Yes, Disney Store mini pins can be traded! These are in fact, one of my favorite things to trade for! I love the mini pins!!! :) I have quite a few that I've traded for in the parks. :)

Thanks. I was hoping. I did not want to trade fake pins from ebay. I wanted real ones. We were reading Disney cracking down on fake pins and taking them away. Not sure if this is true or not but I dont want issues with DD and her trading. I will have to look at Disney store for more.

Thanks again

I ordered 40 pins from gomf03 on ebay and after looking on pinpics I think every single one of them is a fake.:mad: We leave for Disney in 2 days...not sure what to do now if I should let DD trade them or not. So frustrated...learned my lesson at least!

BTW we also looked at pinpic. It looks like we traded real pins we bought at the parks some way to expensive (I should have been watching her closer) for a lot of fakes

I ordered 40 pins from gomf03 on ebay and after looking on pinpics I think every single one of them is a fake.:mad: We leave for Disney in 2 days...not sure what to do now if I should let DD trade them or not. So frustrated...learned my lesson at least!

I would ask you not to trade them but ultimately it's your decision. :) I would contact the seller and ask them to take them back due to your suspicions. You can purchase starter packs in the parks for trading, they will be more money but you'll be trading good pins. You can also try ordering online and having them sent to your hotel. Good luck!

I think it's almost a sure thing that if you are paying $1 per pin on ebay and you see the same person selling hundreds of pins a day, the pins are going to be fake. You shoudln't buy from those sellers if you are concerned about trading fake pins.

So called 'scrappers' are actually the koolest new thing for those 'in the know'. many pin collectors have come to appreciate them more than the boring ''so called' 'official' pins. why?? because they have individuality, character, style and class!... i found this 'anti-scrapper' guy throwing 'scrappers' in the trash at disney land./ i asked him what he was doing and he proceded to preach to me about 'official disney trading pins'(oooo scary) apparently he has designated himself sheriff of 'anti scrapper county'...i asked them if i could have them and he said "oh no! these can't go back into the trade cycle! it goes against everything mickey stands for!".. um, ok crazy person(many 'anti scrappers' seem to be um..unique) .. i was like ok, tell you what i'll give you 10.00 not to throw this (what he referred to as ) 50 cent pin in the trash because i know someone in beverly hills who is willing to give me $50.00 dollars for it as it has induviduality as a 'scrapper'..he said 'i seriously doubt that' in his official disney trading pin police voice...but he took my 10.00...he was right though...i didn't get $50.00 for the known 'scrapper'...i got $160.00/ so, u official disney trading pin orthodox police ppl keep going ahead and throwing 'scrappers' in the trash that are worth 100 dollars among 'true collectors'..thanks!!!!!!! :banana::banana::cool1:

Well I guess that makes me feel better for all the scrappers my daughter now owns vs "official" pins. She only collects one character so we are bound to get more as we really cant tell the difference. My theory is they are like beanie babies. At some point they may not be worth anything so as long as she has fun. I did read about people like this elsewhere which is why I have Disney store pins just so she does not get denied. Funny thing you never know what things are worth. We have Disney stuff from her first trip selling on ebay for $1k. What? For a bear. She wont part with it no matter the price.

Value is always subjective on collectibles. What 1 person might pay $1 for another might pay $1000. It always depends on the person and the reason they want it. I collect Disney pins because I like them, I have literally hundreds in my house, I have them in every room of my house except the master bathroom! lol All 3 bedrooms, the living room, dining room, kitchen, guest bath, they all have pins.

I just got 25 pins from disney.crazy and they are all fakes. All I can say is to avoid this seller!

Hi there! We are taking my son and niece to WDW and they would like to pin trade. ( ok... mommy and daddy do too!) Been looking through the threads and ebay. Any experiences with evaandmike on Ebay? Thank you!

I just got my order from evaandmike - 2 of the Star Wars Muppest pins, on cardboard backers. They came quickly and in perfect shape. They're real based on my limited knowledge of scrappers. That's all I ordered though, so that's all I can speak to, but I am happy to have my lost pin replaced now :)

I just got 25 pins from disney.crazy and they are all fakes. All I can say is to avoid this seller!

I can't believe you are surprised that they are fakes.

If you are concerned about getting fakes, avoid any seller with multiple large lots for sale every day where you are getting the pins for less than a dollar a piece. A seller with that many pins selling them for $.75 to $1.00 a piece has to be selling fakes. They'd be out of business in no time if they weren't selling fakes

I am trying to get some disney pins for my girls to trade next time we go to disney. I don't want to have to be buying 1 pin each time from ebay and paying shipping for each pin as that will add up.

are there any LEGIT sellers that sell pins in lots? I know some say that they aren't trading anymore etc. even if I pay $2 per pin it is fine but don't want to buy them in singles paying $2 each plus shipping each pin. would rather just get a few lots and be done. doesn't matter if they are from a set or not but would rather a mix than just a set.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter