Goodbye, Maxpass. Hello, Disney Genie.

But you could book a new MaxPass before using one thats window was beyond the 2 hour waiting period (or was it 90 minutes? I can’t remember). The description makes it sound like the Genie+ will operate more like a DAS, which you could not rebook until you used or canceled the ride you were waiting for.
It was 90 minutes with Maxpass, 2 hours with regular FP.

It could definitely be different. I do not know how DAS works, and perhaps this is modeled after that.

The language was the same with Maxpass, though. I explained the "one at a time" thing not REALLY being "one at at time" to soooo many people; it's the reason I created a whole Maxpass thread here.

I am guessing they'd use the structure of Maxpass because it already exists and was in the app, and to my non-tech-brain, repurposing that would be easiest way to go. But it's very possible the rules will be different.

The way I read it is that rides are not excluded, per se. But that if you want to ride certain rides "right now" you have to pay extra. Otherwise you can get a pass like before. In the case of RSR they will fill up quickly. That's how I interpret "limited availability".
Nope. That’s how the parks blog write up sounds, but if you watch the (15 min!!!) video, he says that the lightning lane ala carte attractions will not be part of Genie+. It’s either pay per ride, or standby.

boo Disney.

Interesting to see how this plays out.. We loved MP and we’re happy to pay for it to avoid long lines. I’m curious which attractions other than RSR will have the pay per option attached to it. This also makes me more will to spend the big bucks to go to WDW since one of the huge drawbacks for us was FP+

Interesting to see how this plays out.. We loved MP and we’re happy to pay for it to avoid long lines. I’m curious which attractions other than RSR will have the pay per option attached to it. This also makes me more will to spend the big bucks to go to WDW since one of the huge drawbacks for us was FP+

but are you willing to pay $15 per person per day + however much per person to ride the top rides? That’s the part that is getting me. If the top rides were included in the $15 for Genie+, and then I could choose to do the ala carte lightning lane, fine. But as it is, I don’t like it at all.

FP+ sucked and needed a revamp. Maxpass was amazing and this seems like you are paying more for apparently less. If indeed the major rides are behind separate paywalls that would really suck. It’s one thing if RSR is sold out of availability for the day and you have to buy into your expedited line, its another thing entirely to expect someone to pay 20 bucks for genie+ AND separate fees for E ticket attractions.

Hope not! My trip is mid September and I’d rather not have to deal with this!!

Same! Already reorganized my Sept trip once due to OBB, and currently worried about the impact of the Magic Key. I would rather wait and deal with this on our next trip sometime in spring 2022 once it's all settled down.

Which rides do you think will be the extra pay ones? RSR, Rise, Web Slingers, of course, but what else at DL? They said BTMRR would be in Genie+.

So, $20 for Genie+ and then say $10 each for two "individual attraction selections" - Basically it has doubled the cost of MaxPass. I think MP was set to go up to $20 right before DLR closed last year.

but are you willing to pay $15 per person per day + however much per person to ride the top rides? That’s the part that is getting me. If the top rides were included in the $15 for Genie+, and then I could choose to do the ala carte lightning lane, fine. But as it is, I don’t like it at all.

Depends on which attractions are on which list… do you have a link to the 15 minute video you referenced? I only saw a short video that didn’t indicate that some attractions would only be pay for Lightning Lane or use standby
NVM I found it

It was 90 minutes with Maxpass, 2 hours with regular FP.

It could definitely be different. I do not know how DAS works, and perhaps this is modeled after that.

The language was the same with Maxpass, though. I explained the "one at a time" thing not REALLY being "one at at time" to soooo many people; it's the reason I created a whole Maxpass thread here.

I am guessing they'd use the structure of Maxpass because it already exists and was in the app, and to my non-tech-brain, repurposing that would be easiest way to go. But it's very possible the rules will be different.
They have said it's the "next evolution" of Maxpass so I expect they would use the same "system". I guess I tend to read their press releases in the most literal sense that way if I get "more" I'll be surprised.

Depends on which attractions are on which list… do you have a link to the 15 minute video you referenced? I only saw a short video that didn’t indicate that some attractions would only be pay for Lightning Lane or use standby

And a limit of two a la carte LL purchases per day. So if you’re trying to do it all in a day, better be prepared to rope drop (not directed at you necessarily, just in general)

Basically, I'm mentally adding $50 per person, per day, if I want to utilize Genie+ and Lightning Lanes (my initial assumption is going to be $15/ride, just to make things round nicely).

I'm mostly curious how many minutes the Genie+ lock-out period is -- recall, that with MP, it changed between 30 minutes early in the AM to 90 minutes during the peak/busy times. I don't think it will truly be "one at a time" in that you have to wait for your first ride to be over before reserving the next one.... because I probably wouldn't buy that. That would practically useless... think if you arrive at the parks at 9am, buy G+, and reserve a 7pm ride on HM.... you wouldn't be able to reserve anything else until 7:15pm when you're off the ride?

But we'll see how that turns out.

I'm mostly curious how many minutes the Genie+ lock-out period is -- recall, that with MP, it changed between 30 minutes early in the AM to 90 minutes during the peak/busy times.
It was always 90 minutes with Maxpass. 2 hours with regular FP.

I'm watching the video now. He says that "at launch," you'll have to add Genie+ to your Magic Key (or WDW AP) PER DAY, but they'll be "evaluating feedback" on that.

DO NOT LIKE THAT.

I'm also trying to focus on the positive- DAS is getting a MUCH needed revamp and the ability to get it beforehand. For guests who need this, this is AMAZING, plus, getting a return time right from the app instead of the umbrellas! I'm extremely happy that, for once, differently abled guests were not left out of Disney's planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter