Got a bad feeling about Entertainment rates!

MickeyMagic

DIS Veteran
I received my new Entertainment book and the onsite Universal resorts are not listed in the 50% off section. Instead they show up under a section called Best Rate or Lowest Rate Guaranteed.
I also checked the Entertainment website and I do not find the Universal hotels listed under 50% off.

The book mentions it is possible to book the best or lowest rates online at www.entertaintment.com/hotels, so I tried a few dates:

----dates---- *RPR* *HRH* *PBR*
11/09 - 11/10 199.95 229.95 229.95
11/09 - 11/11 169.95 195.45 195.45 (save 15% on 2 nts)
11/09 - 11/12 159.96 183.96 183.96 (save 20% on 3 nts)
11/09 - 11/13 149.96 172.46 N/A (save 25% on 4 nts)
11/09 - 11/14 149.96 172.45 N/A (save 25% on 5 nts)
12/28 - 12/30 219.95 249.95 309.95
10/11 - 10/13 N/A N/A N/A

I think the 50% off rack rate may be a thing of the past. :( :( Just when they get me hooked!! :confused:

What do you think?????

Take another look and see if you can find them listed as Universal's Hard Rock, Portofino and Royal Pacific. Last years book didnt list the RPR and yet they still offered the deep discount.

The rates you listed above come from their Hotel Savings Network that can be booked online and really is no deal at all. The 50% off rates are not able to be booked online.

I have not heard anything about them doing away with the ER's they have offered years past. The rates just havent been made available yet. It may take them a while to check hotel capacity before deciding how many rooms will be released at this deeply discounted rates.

For peace of mind you could call 1 800 BE A STAR and ask about the ER's, I'm sure you will get the same answer everyone else is getting, they arent out yet. Not they wont be offering them at all.

I wouldnt worry, just give a call weekly for your dates to see when they will become available! Good Luck:)

The discounted rates for HRH and the other two Universal hotels use to be on the Entertainment Card site under the 50% discount section but like the above poster mentioned they are no longer listed. I'm curious as to why they would remove them if they are still going to be offered?

Wow! You all may be on to something. I wasnt aware it dropped the listing from the 50%. Since the rates were already out this time last year maybe something has changed. I don't book this rate so I hadnt really paid attention to changes from last year. Just assumed they were late in getting the rates out. I hope for all waiting to book these rates it is just a delay but like SGF stated it is odd its no longer being listed on the website.

Out of curiousity, what rate do you normally go with??? AP, AAA???? what???

Thanks!

Spidey i get my best rate the last two times with APH rate and i also got my upgrades and amenties too! :) Platuim member just for ref:

I just went to Entertainment.com, and looked up Hotels @ Half Price in Orlando. The 3 Universal hotels used to be there, but they are no longer listed. :(

That's why I'm concerned like I posted above. It use to be listed just as recently as a few weeks ago and now it's not. Has anyone checked the entertainment book itself to see what's listed?

I have the Orlando book. The UO hotels are not listed in the Hotels @ Half Off Section. They are only listed in the Best Rate Guaranteed Section, which, as Jessica mentions, isn't much of a deal at all.

When I first received my Ent book, I was concerned, but was somewhat appeased in that the 3 hotels were still listed on line @ entertainment.com. Looks like I'll be booking with the APH rates if that's the case. :(

If they arent in the book where they belong this was a thought out decision long ago. Maybe they no longer need to offer those rates. If anyone is interested I believe the Fan Club rates they have offered since at least May are really close to the ER's. Right now through Oct 7 they have:

Portofino Bay Hotel- Rates starting at $149 plus tax per night Sunday through Thursday, and $169 plus tax per night Friday and Saturday.

Hard Rock Hotel- Rates starting at $129 plus tax per night Sunday through Thursday and $149 plus tax per night Friday and Saturday.

Royal Pacific Resort- Rates starting at $109 plus tax per night Sunday through Thursday, and $129 plus tax per night Friday and Saturday.

I am in hopes that very soon they may offer these same rates for December!

*Spidey, I usually book the AP or Fan Club rate for the same reason Tammy does.

The Hotwire rates were the same (or a little higher) than the Entertainment rates. The hotels may no longer need to offer 50% off to fill the rooms.

Thank you for the info. If Universal does not offer Entertainment rates for 2004, do you think Fan Club rates will be the next best thing? I don't think purchasing annual passes would be feasible for us.

Originally posted by Lewisc
The Hotwire rates were the same (or a little higher) than the Entertainment rates. The hotels may no longer need to offer 50% off to fill the rooms.

I agree Lewisc, they were good until recently. I havent been able to get a decent Hotwire rate for any of the Loews hotels recently. Royal Pacific doesnt even come up at all anymore. Portofino keeps giving me a $189.00 rate! Its not like this is a busy time frame either. The Fan Club rates are the best game in town, for now anyway.

I may have good news. I have the 2003 and 2004 books. In 2003, Universal hotels were listed in Hotels at Half Price which is described as " Save up to 50% off Rack room rates or 10% off promotional rate available to general public" In the 2004 book, Universal hotels are listed under "prefered partners program" which is described as" save up to 50% off rack room rates or 10% off promotional." Same definition, but different name. I am hopeful that it is just a change in terminology and that the rates WILL be available in 2004!

OOPS--I should have read more carefully--disregard everything I wrote above-I tried to delete but couldn't

Thanks for the info everyone.

Jess are ap rates that good or are fanclub better? Can you give me examples of each rate wise? Now that I am an ap holder, I just may look for those rates!;)

Hi Spidey!

Usually they are the same rate. Sometimes one will be less but most times they are the same. When I call I just ask for both! :) In June I booked $109 a night for RPR using Fan Club and then added a day and Fan Club was s/o so used AP rate and it was $129.00. Who knows now though these rates may also climb if things have changed, guess we all just wait and see.

Thanks Jess. I love the fact that we can get AP rates as well as Fan club, but I would like to see some great entertainment rates as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter