Got ADR's for group at BOG lunch but.....

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
our adr times are 20 minutes apart. There are 6 of us, split into 2 parties with adr's 20 minutes apart. I will keep trying to modify but if I cant, can I get some advice? We don't HAVE to preorder correct? Im planning for the earlier adr to check in right on time or a few minutes late and the later group to check in 15 min early. Do they still have you stand in line until you get to the kiosk? If we dont preorder, do we just order at the kiosk like in the olden days :)?

Frequently at lunch they won't let you check in until within 5 minutes of your ADR time. You could try explaining at the check in desk, maybe they'd just let you in together.

You don't have to pre-order. The regular line still works the same.

This happened to us. I preordered for everyone in both groups and had the first reservation. The plan was for us to go in and get everyone's food and for the second group to just meet us inside at a table, but when we checked in and I explained they allowed us all to enter together. As far as I know you still stand in line and order at the kiosk if you don't preorder.

Just explain the situation to the host at the podium outside of Be Our Guest. You will be accommodated. The Cast Member might ask that your whole party enters at the later time as opposed to the earlier one, but unless you happen to encounter a particularly surly employee, you won't be separated. This situation happens frequently, and it's easy to resolve without negatively affecting the operations of the restaurant.

You will probably be accommodated, but I would really suggest you preorder. Even the day or a few hours before is fine, but it saves a ton of time in line.

You will probably be accommodated, but I would really suggest you preorder. Even the day or a few hours before is fine, but it saves a ton of time in line.
When is the system prompted to make your food? If we have to check in separately I thought the first group could hang back in line until the second caught up.

When is the system prompted to make your food? If we have to check in separately I thought the first group could hang back in line until the second caught up.

When you pre-order you still check out with a cashier who confirms the order and takes payment. When you don’t use pre-order, you place your order and check out at a kiosk. That transaction is what prompts the kitchen to make your food.

You can pre-order multiple meals under any reservation without regard to the number of people on the reservation.

How does pre-ordering save significant time? Are the lines for the kiosks very long?

You can pre-order multiple meals under any reservation without regard to the number of people on the reservation.

How does pre-ordering save significant time? Are the lines for the kiosks very long?

The lines for the kiosks are indeed, usually very long. Depending on time of day (and a few other factors) I have seen the line for the kiosks extend halfway down the bridge or longer. When you pre-order, you bypass that line (kiosk orderers to the right, pre-orders to the left) and go directly to a cashier who quickly confirms your order and takes your payment. From the time we checked in to BOG and checked out with the cashier was maybe 5 minutes (walk up the bridge, confirm order, scan magic band, done).

Last time we went almost half of our ADRs were split (there were 6 of us also) and in every case but 1 they were able to accommodate us. 50s Prime Time was unable.

I would say you need to preorder, the non-preorder line was about an hour and a half long.

NOTE: The app says you can't split payments when your preorder, but our experience was they let us on the dining plan at least.

The regular line has been 15-20 minutes in my experience. The pre-order line has been 10-15 minutes. Both times I've pre-ordered there's been a group in front of me that takes forever for unknown reasons.

The regular line has been 15-20 minutes in my experience. The pre-order line has been 10-15 minutes. Both times I've pre-ordered there's been a group in front of me that takes forever for unknown reasons.

I have never been able to pre-order dur to the folks I was with *sigh*. So each time I have spent 15-30 mins in a long hot line in the blazing sun. Pre-order if at all possible!

Don’t expect anyone to let you in a few minutes early here. I was pregnant, with my 2 senior citizen parents, and a toddler in July heat and they wouldn’t even let us in 5 minutes before our lunch ADR to use the restrooms (and yes I really had to go, really badly). Turned me so off from BoG. And the lunch wasn’t even worth it. Really it has been the only memorably bad direct service experience in Disney I’ve ever had.

The only reason I said preorder was the line was crazy long on our last trip. The fact it was Christmas break I'm sure didn't help, but it was easily an hour long line. We actually checked in at the same time as another group who hadn't preordered and they were just sitting down to eat after ordering when we were leaving, after eating. And we didn't rush. So it can be long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter