GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

I'm curious - has anyone received an actual email from DVC saying that the preview registration begins at 9 AM this morning?

I'm curious - has anyone received an actual email from DVC saying that the preview registration begins at 9 AM this morning?
On the DVC threads about this It came up that in the middle of the night some Facebook groups were suggesting it might be a scam. It's pretty hard to tell... They have done things before without telling people in advance before. So we're all hoping it's not some scam, It might even be worth putting in incorrect information at first to see if it catches you and has you re-login.
If it's legit from Disney it's going to know if your login is wrong, If it's a scam artist it will collect all your incorrect data.

I haven't. What do you think the chances are a DVC member with a blue card (but no DVC ressie) will be able to register?

I am trying to decipher the email that went out to DVC members. So, those that are sitting on the page before 9 o’clock will be randomly assigned a number once the page opens at 9 o’clock. Those that then join right at nine will be added numerically AFTER that larger group before hand? Is that how you guys are reading this?

On the DVC threads about this It came up that in the middle of the night some Facebook groups were suggesting it might be a scam. It's pretty hard to tell... They have done things before without telling people in advance before. So we're all hoping it's not some scam, It might even be worth putting in incorrect information at first to see if it catches you and has you re-login.
If it's legit from Disney it's going to know if your login is wrong, If it's a scam artist it will collect all your incorrect data.
I don't think it's a scam. It's an actual Disney link registered with Queue-It. I believe you have to actually talk with representatives to get one of those links set up.

It would be pretty bad and irresponsible of Queue-It to allow a link that is exactly like ones previously used before but with an adjusted date in the URL. Especially for a major company that uses your site. Much more likely that it is a placeholder link than it would be a scam. However, it makes even more sense for it to just be a real thing.

I am trying to decipher the email that went out to DVC members. So, those that are sitting on the page before 9 o’clock will be randomly assigned a number once the page opens at 9 o’clock. Those that then join right at nine will be added numerically AFTER that larger group before hand? Is that how you guys are reading this?
That's how it's works for the DVC Moonlight Magic Events which use the same queue system.

That's how it's works for the DVC Moonlight Magic Events which use the same queue system.
So, the least stressful place would be to just have the linked page open at 9 o’clock on the day that it opens and wait for your random number assignment, right? I hope we get AP link posted . . . 🙏

Yeah it is feasible that the link is just a placeholder as a test and wasn't intended to go out to everyone publicly - I sure hope it isn't that - I'd feel bad for sharing it then. Not sure where people are going on and on about it being a scam though - perhaps as a way to drive down competition at 9am or make people second guess themselves before they try to register.

A part of me says I should have kept the link to myself and had a lot less competition this morning at 9am and no one saying its a scam :)

I'm hoping/assuming emails will come out to some people just before 9am with more details.

Yeah it is feasible that the link is just a placeholder as a test and wasn't intended to go out to everyone publicly - I sure hope it isn't that - I'd feel bad for sharing it then. Not sure where people are going on and on about it being a scam though - perhaps as a way to drive down competition at 9am or make people second guess themselves before they try to register.

A part of me says I should have kept the link to myself and had a lot less competition this morning at 9am and no one saying its a scam :)

I'm hoping/assuming emails will come out to some people just before 9am with more details.
I think you did good by sharing the link. Disney gives no warning at all, at 9am they're going to send an email out to DVC saying registration is now open, they don't really tell you in advance.

I think it was super helpful you gave the link it's crazy how you were being helpful and people so quick to judge meanwhile every disney social media news outlet posted it on their pages to take credit for it

That link wasn't meant to go public, and Disney has not yet announced anything. I work in IT, and we "stage" go-live events all the time using fictitious dates and times. With the lack of a formal announcement thus far, I suspect that the portal won't redirect to anywhere of value at 9 AM.

But, of course, I'm hoping that I'm wrong. :-)

That link wasn't meant to go public, and Disney has not yet announced anything. I work in IT, and we "stage" go-live events all the time using fictitious dates and times. With the lack of a formal announcement thus far, I suspect that the portal won't redirect to anywhere of value at 9 AM.

It is definitely feasible it is a test. I work in IT too though and usually when we do tests, we use "test language" on the page to make it clear it is not real ... Lorem Ipsum text is usually what gets used.

But - Remy's preview emails also only got sent out a short time before the registration actually went live, so who knows!

Interestingly, DVCnews.com pulled the story with the link saying they think its a scam lol.

Scott Gustin who is usually very accurate picked up the link though but didn't share the actual link (guess he wants less competition too :D)

But has Disney every announced dates and a time to sign up ahead of time for previews? Seems to be always random, anything is possible.

I don't think it's a scam. It's an actual Disney link registered with Queue-It. I believe you have to actually talk with representatives to get one of those links set up.
Yes, the link may not go live but it is a real Queue-It link and nothing nefarious is going to happen. People are very ignorant about technology and very quick to label anything they don’t understand a “scam.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter