Grand 1 Yacht

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever cruised aboard the Grand 1 Yacht? We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year and would love to indulge in something super special during our trip 12/29 - 1/7. I'm thinking this could be spectacular, if specialty cruises return. We've done a pontoon fireworks cruise, which was awesome but might be a little cold that time of year. I realize it's very pricey... about $850/hr for a fireworks cruise, but it would be an evening to remember. Please share your experiences if you have cruised on the yacht! Is it very difficult to rent, since there is only one? How far in advance do you reserve? And what was it like?

We did not rent the Grand 1, but we were received some amazing pixie dust when we showed up for our pontoon fireworks cruise. It was a few years back, but 2 captains were required to operate it and 1 extra happened to show up that day. Talk about a SURPRISE, it was kind of hard to believe! We had 4 adults & 3 kids and the 3 kids were besides themselves with the interior. While it was an amazing experience, I'm not sure it would be worth paying out of pocket for it, at least for us. The fireworks music isn't (or wasn't at that time) pipped into the Grand 1 like it is in the pontoons. The best view of the fireworks was also from the outside/back of the boat so us adults did not spend much time enjoying the inside. It is a beautiful boat, but for an hour cruise, you don't fully get to enjoy it.

We did not rent the Grand 1, but we were received some amazing pixie dust when we showed up for our pontoon fireworks cruise. It was a few years back, but 2 captains were required to operate it and 1 extra happened to show up that day. Talk about a SURPRISE, it was kind of hard to believe! We had 4 adults & 3 kids and the 3 kids were besides themselves with the interior. While it was an amazing experience, I'm not sure it would be worth paying out of pocket for it, at least for us. The fireworks music isn't (or wasn't at that time) pipped into the Grand 1 like it is in the pontoons. The best view of the fireworks was also from the outside/back of the boat so us adults did not spend much time enjoying the inside. It is a beautiful boat, but for an hour cruise, you don't fully get to enjoy it.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! That is some amazing pixie dust!!! We have done many special things at Disney, but this is something we’ve never experienced and want to commemorate our milestone anniversary with something extraordinary. We have some other things on the table… just trying to pick the best one!

Did you end up renting the Grand 1? I'm just getting back on this board after a long absence. I've rented it a couple times and I absolutely love it. Anxious to hear if you've decided to do it.

Y'all have just changed my mind about what type of fireworks experience we are going to book for August. Totally going to Yacht 1 now.

Did you end up renting the Grand 1? I'm just getting back on this board after a long absence. I've rented it a couple times and I absolutely love it. Anxious to hear if you've decided to do it.
Hi! We did not. In fact, I'm not sure the Grand is sailing right now. But I would love to do this some day!

Yes, I've done the Grand 1 two times. It was only through the wonderful generosity of my parents that we were able to do it and it was such a lovely experience for my entire family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter