Grand Californian Super Thread

...Does anyone know if there still a coffee/espresso machine available in the morning with the Napa Rose setup?
Normal coffee and tea is the same as the original lounge.
The self-service commercial Nespresso machine is not available.
Lounge CMs will make espresso (and latte...) by request.

Normal coffee and tea is the same as the original lounge.
The self-service commercial Nespresso machine is not available.
Lounge CMs will make espresso (and latte...) by request.

Thanks for the quick reply! Now we have some decisions to make...

We are doing the VIP tour for one of our park days and they said there is bench seating for both those nighttime shows.

Got it, I was not thinking of the VIP tour. I was just hoping that there might be a more affordable tour to get the seating....... sigh.....

I just returned Sat night the 4th of Nov, after a three night stay. It was my first time staying at the GC. We were celebrating big Birthday's. My brother turning 60, and my sister was also having a BIrthday.

We checked in at 9am, waited in a long line, probably 10 ahead of us on a Weds morning. We got a CM named Iris, to help us.
This was not a Magical experience. We booked a Dapper rate, we were not eligible for any upgrades. I Had however made some simple requests. The CM on the phone for Group rates asked if I had any requests after all......... and yes I understood they were just requests.

My number one request was for adjoining rooms was granted,my second request for a balcony however was not. Iris - the CM told us that all rooms had balcony's..... wrong, I knew this was mis-information when she said it. Well,my brother had a balcony, and I did not. We were in a standard view room directly over the monorail, facing the parking lot/front of the hotel, on the 6th floor. I also had told the CM on the phone about the Birthdays, I was asked if we were "Celebrating" and we were... Iris however never mentioned the Birthdays... I had to as we were walking away. She then produced two Birthday pins....

She had mentioned that she just wanted to "keep the line moving"... very Un-Magical!

We also had a old bathroom, with a tub... this room may have been "refreshed"but not fully updated.
Since this was supposed to be a Magical stay for my sister and myself... I trotted right back to the line in the lobby. ( I should say the room was ready by 1pm) They sent us a text when it was ready.

The second CM we were given was very nice. She pulled up balcony rooms, we used the Napa Rose elevators. We had a nice view facing the pool and a sliver of California Adventure. I will post a pic.
The room number was 5304, the rooms are lovely, and the new showers are Amazing!! We really enjoyed our stay, even if it did start a little rocky!

Please do not be afraid to speak up, if you are unhappy. Yes we did have a discounted rate, but it's still a substantial amount to stay at this property.

I hope my review helps other's. If you have any questions please ask. I would love to help.

11842a0a-6c35-4e99-a697-19e993af1553.jpg

View from 5304 balcony room:

1b9dbd30-66ac-4c3d-8126-1395b4d97f58.jpg

I really loved the way they incorporated orange County into the rooms, with pictures of citrus, and of course the Orange tree's with Chip and Dale...

03473366-6870-4535-ab0a-939ce68d82bf.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg

They were working on the Gingerbread House while were were there, it smelled Heavenly! Such talent!!

IMG_E9127.jpg

Do the renovated rooms still have a vanity (with sink) outside the bathroom?

I’ve stayed at GC before but not this trip. I desperately want a picture of the front door. With the newish, no non-guest use of the front door, if I’m there having lunch will they let me do a quick in and out? If the door will stayed closed long enough to grab a picture.

I’ve stayed at GC before but not this trip. I desperately want a picture of the front door. With the newish, no non-guest use of the front door, if I’m there having lunch will they let me do a quick in and out? If the door will stayed closed long enough to grab a picture.
Anyone may enter GCH from DTD or DCA, just no access for non-guests from the street.
The check for non-guests is near the street (Disneyland Drive), so you are free to go through the front door.
Even with the restrictions, the front door seems to stay open most of the day.

Craftsman Club Lounge is still under renovation and expected to be completed on December 8.
(slipped from original target date of November 18)

Thank you for this information! I hope it doesn't slip back any more! I just found out we're going to be there the 15-17th, so I'm looking forward to seeing the new Craftsman Club!

The only things you need a room key for (proof that you're staying there) are to get into an actual room, to leave through the DCA entrance during EMH (before 8am), getting into the pool area, and getting into the ice machine rooms on each floor. You can get into the hotel through the front door without a key no problem. They don't care who comes in and hangs out in the lobby or lounge or takes pictures of the door.

The only things you need a room key for (proof that you're staying there) are to get into an actual room, to leave through the DCA entrance during EMH (before 8am), getting into the pool area, and getting into the ice machine rooms on each floor.

...as well as entering the GHC property from the street, but that checkpoint is down at the drive in gate, not the front doors.

Only if you're driving up to the gate, though, I think. Even if you're staying there, you need to be able to get in before you get your key.

Only if you're driving up to the gate, though, I think. Even if you're staying there, you need to be able to get in before you get your key.

They have a CM down at the end of the drive who checks for either room key, hotel reservation or restaurant reservation so without one of those you cannot walk up to the front door. You can, however, walk into the GCH from the DTD or DCA entrance and walk out the front door at which point you can turn around and take a picture.

We were asked if we had a reservation when we walked up with our bags, but didn't have to produce proof on the spot. And thank goodness, because between pushing a stroller while also pulling a suitcase, I might have broken down in tears if asked to do one more thing.

Negative...as mentioned you also need a room key or need on the reservation guest or dining list to at that point enter on foot as well as driving in.

You could ask the CM at the checkpoint if you can walk up and take the photo, then turn around and leave. Their goal is not to keep people away from the door, it's to keep people from walking through the hotel and clogging up the security checkpoints, so if you ask nicely and promise to not actually walk through the hotel, they might be ok with it. But as a previous poster said, you also have the option to enter from a different entrance and exit through the front door, stopping for the photo at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter