• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Villas

I'm really hoping they have different categories like AKV. I would love a value level. That way I can squeeze more stays out of my points. I'm not holding my breath but I can dream.

I wish they would hurry up and finish them. When I left last night I just wanted to head into the GCH instead of stopping at the tram. I was so tired the last thing I wanted to do was drive home!

I wonder if there are plans for another pool area, maybe something similar in size to the DVC pool/spa at VWL?

With the addition, will there be a need for another pool/spa, or will the current GCH pools be able to handle the additional guests?

(Just thinking out loud here on the boards.):goodvibes

I am s0 happy that this is g0ing 0n. Having DL, DVC and 0ne 0f the Disney ships (sure there wil be 0ne new 0r 0ld when the new ships c0me 0ut in 2011) and living here in SanDieg0 is a great thing.

it will save a flight t0 Fla. and 0nly need t0 g0 t0 WDW every few years.
We have 400 pts and will buy an0ther 100-159 depending 0n the price. Sure hate paying the maintanance fee each year th0ugh. Adds up with al0t 0f pts year after year.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20719109]it will save a flight t0 Fla. and 0nly need t0 g0 t0 WDW every few years. We have 400 pts and will buy an0ther 100-159 depending 0n the price. Sure hate paying the maintanance fee each year th0ugh. Adds up with al0t 0f pts year after year.[/QUOTE]

That's what I plan on doing. Going to WDW maybe every three years and using the majority of my points at GCV. I wish they would announce it and then release the points structure so I know how much I need to save for.

I wonder if there are plans for another pool area, maybe something similar in size to the DVC pool/spa at VWL?

With the addition, will there be a need for another pool/spa, or will the current GCH pools be able to handle the additional guests?

(Just thinking out loud here on the boards.):goodvibes

You know, I think I did run across a rumor somewhere that there was going to be another pool added. But I can't imagine where they would put it.

You know, I think I did run across a rumor somewhere that there was going to be another pool added. But I can't imagine where they would put it.

Maybe on the roof? That would be a fantastic view at night! :thumbsup2

I think if they make a T shaped building, a pool could fit in the Courtyard created by the T. Out near the outdoor Fireplace. This would also put it right next to the existing pool area. I think it would be a standard pool and not a feature pool. (Just my guess)

I think if they make a T shaped building, a pool could fit in the Courtyard created by the T. Out near the outdoor Fireplace. This would also put it right next to the existing pool area. I think it would be a standard pool and not a feature pool. (Just my guess)
I do remember reading a rumor that the DVC would have it's own pool. How often do they light the outdoor fireplace? I have never been there when it was lit. That would be cool if that fireplace was lit at night poolside, and so VERY Californian. A few of our neighbors have outdoor fireplaces poolside.
If the GCV, VGC, whatever it will be named, does put a pool by that fireplace, it would make the DLR DVC stand out from the rest of the DVC resorts, and be a great pic to see in marketing ads.

I agree, if a pool is added, it won't be a feature pool but rather a quiet pool.

And swimming in the pool or soaking in a spa by firelight sounds WONDERFUL!:cloud9:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20719109]I am s0 happy that this is g0ing 0n. Having DL, DVC and 0ne 0f the Disney ships (sure there wil be 0ne new 0r 0ld when the new ships c0me 0ut in 2011) and living here in SanDieg0 is a great thing.

it will save a flight t0 Fla. and 0nly need t0 g0 t0 WDW every few years.
We have 400 pts and will buy an0ther 100-159 depending 0n the price. Sure hate paying the maintanance fee each year th0ugh. Adds up with al0t 0f pts year after year.[/QUOTE]Hi, I am new at the DVC thing, and learning alot on the boards.

I noticed that you have 400 pts, which is alot. And you mentioned having to pay alot of fees. Now my question............ If you buy at the GC, and then would be only interested in going to WDW every few years..............why not sell some of your points you already have???????????????? Do you need that many points?????????? I'm just curious about all of this, cuz if I buy in at only 150 pts is that enough to do anything worth while????????????? Do most people have more than 150 pts???????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Hi, I am new at the DVC thing, and learning alot on the boards.

I noticed that you have 400 pts, which is alot. And you mentioned having to pay alot of fees. Now my question............ If you buy at the GC, and then would be only interested in going to WDW every few years..............why not sell some of your points you already have???????????????? Do you need that many points?????????? I'm just curious about all of this, cuz if I buy in at only 150 pts is that enough to do anything worth while????????????? Do most people have more than 150 pts???????

As far as if 150 pts is w0rth buying I say Yes....the # 0f pts depends 0n what y0u need 0r want....h0w 0ften y0u can visit? h0w many family members? If y0u g0 every0ther year y0u will have 300 pts t0 use because y0u can bank them.

Here is a p0ll 0n wh0 has what in pts:thumbsup2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1540465

We wil use 0ur DVC pts at the GC yes...but with the pts we have we cant use till the 7 m0. mark if they g0 DVC. S0 that is why we will purvchase m0re.

We can still use 0ur pts at GC when turns DVC but what is nice is that we w0nt have t0 fly.

We have 400 pts because we travel al0t and prefere t0 get 1 0r 2 bedr00m Villas. WE als0 plan 0n dividing the pts up t0 the b0ys when they get 0lder.

This year we have d0ne GC 3 times and we are g0ing again f0r New Years and 7 days in July bef0re 0ur cruise.
400 is great f0r us and if n0t f0r DVC at GC we w0uld stay at 400 maybe just a little m0re...but kn0w we feel if we buy here than we can have the best 0f b0th w0rlds:thumbsup2

C0ngrats 0n y0ur decisi0n:thumbsup2

I'm just curious about all of this, cuz if I buy in at only 150 pts is that enough to do anything worth while????????????? Do most people have more than 150 pts???????

We only have 175 points (bought the minimum of 150, then added on; the current minimum purchase direct from DVC is now 160) and we go to WDW each year and stay 10 nights in a studio. That works fine for my DH and I, although I am starting to covet the 1 BR even with just the 2 of us. When we took the extended family to DL, we used cash to book a 2 BR suite at the DLH; points weren't really a good deal and we didn't have any extra to spare in any event.

If we went to DL again with the extended family after GCV opens, we would probably still not stay on points for two reasons. First, the family is hard to pin down on dates. We had to reschedule the last trip 2 times. Not good for using DVC points. Also, we would likely stay just a Fr and Sat night which will probably cost more points than would be worth it to us.

--Suzanne

Hi, I am new at the DVC thing, and learning alot on the boards.

Sorry......................................I just had to reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family started with...............150 points and .....................................found them useful for our purposes. We have taken mostly 5 day trips a couple times a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where, when and for how long are you looking to points?????????????????????

BTW- we plan on adding on ..................................... at least 25 points to allow for a 3-4 day stay at .........................................GCV every 3 years.

(Sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, about the punctuation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lmao:

Sorry......................................I just had to reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family started with...............150 points and .....................................found them useful for our purposes. We have taken mostly 5 day trips a couple times a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where, when and for how long are you looking to points?????????????????????

BTW- we plan on adding on ..................................... at least 25 points to allow for a 3-4 day stay at .........................................GCV every 3 years.

(Sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, about the punctuation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lmao:

:rotfl: I was w0ndering what y0u were d0ing:lmao: s0rry f0r the "0" my 0 is br0cken and have t0 use my zer0:rotfl2:

Hi and thanks for everyone's response. :cheer2: Ummm....I'm beginning to wonder if I'll need more pts if we do decide to buy in???????????? I guess time will tell, and I can always add on.........................right?????? :confused3 Or will I, if they run out of space, points, or whatever it's called? :rolleyes1

I'm a little slow to catching on tonight.........................but are you mocking me??????????????:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

. That works fine for my DH and I, although I am starting to covet the 1 BR even with just the 2 of us. .

--Suzanne
We do the same thing, and did an add on to get a one bedroom. Our next add on will be enough points for a one bedroom at GCV, unless our finances limit us to a studio.

So the current thinking has ruled out the "re-use/conversion" of one of the DL hotel towers rehabed as large studios/1 BR/suite-type units?

anyone think they'll do an AK & turn over % of rooms in GC while new construction commences?popcorn::

So the current thinking has ruled out the "re-use/conversion" of one of the DL hotel towers rehabed as large studios/1 BR/suite-type units?

anyone think they'll do an AK & turn over % of rooms in GC while new construction commences?popcorn::

I don't think either is likely. First of all the Disneyland Hotel towers are several decades old, (I don't know about you, but I would not purchase a property that was that old) and second, with occupancy rates at 96%, I do not think they will convert existing GCH rooms to DVC.

I don't think either is likely. First of all the Disneyland Hotel towers are several decades old, (I don't know about you, but I would not purchase a property that was that old) and second, with occupancy rates at 96%, I do not think they will convert existing GCH rooms to DVC.

I don't want to buy, i just want to stay there on points;) hopefully a lot cheaper than what it currently costs to stay @ the resorts; and not as restrictive cancellation policy either.

Know FL timeshare laws require a certain % to be completed before they begin sales, anyone know if CA's are geared the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter