• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Villas

I don't want to buy, i just want to stay there on points;) hopefully a lot cheaper than what it currently costs to stay @ the resorts; and not as restrictive cancellation policy either.

Know FL timeshare laws require a certain % to be completed before they begin sales, anyone know if CA's are geared the same?

I am assuming there is a similar law in California. I know that Westmark has not started selling their units in Anaheim, and the building is already half way done.

Expect an official announcement from Disney on Tuesday, Sept. 18 regarding the building of the new DVC at GCV.

This comes from Al Lutz and it posted at the top of miceage.com. Al seems very well informed and I take this info to be quite a bit more reliable than the average prediction.

Expect an official announcement from Disney on Tuesday, Sept. 18 regarding the building of the new DVC at GCV.

This comes from Al Lutz and it posted at the top of miceage.com. Al seems very well informed and I take this info to be quite a bit more reliable than the average prediction.

Yep, I just saw this as well, The permits are about to be issued by Anaheim for the structural part of the project. I assume that they cannot keep this under wraps any longer.

Thats great. I wonder how much info they will tell us? When they have made announcements before did they tell about what they were building and how many rooms? Cant remember what they said when they announced AKV because was not interested at the time.But am in GCV.

So for people that do not buy what do you think the likely hood of getting in at the 7 month mark will be? Seems that it would be difficult. Right know I can get in just about any time but with using more pts.

Feel like I am ****** if I do(having to spend more $$$$) and ****** if I dont because may not be able to get a room for days I want. By the way I put the astrics there myself.

So is this is pro or a con? If pts are at the say $100 mark(easy to round) than will need at least another 150 to get a week in a studio. My question is also ....if I have those pts(GC DVC) and use them at the 9 month mark and want a room in conciege or 1 BR Villa (but need more pts) can I add using my existing pts even though those pts are not at that GC/DVC but at SSR to upgrade or do I have to wait till the 7 mo mark to call and try to upgrade?

I have never asked before. I am assuming that I would have to wait....and book what I could with the GC pts I have and hope for the best or settle with what I have.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20804184]Thats great. I wonder how much info they will tell us? When they have made announcements before did they tell about what they were building and how many rooms? Cant remember what they said when they announced AKV because was not interested at the time.But am in GCV.

So for people that do not buy what do you think the likely hood of getting in at the 7 month mark will be? Seems that it would be difficult. Right know I can get in just about any time but with using more pts.

Feel like I am ****** if I do(having to spend more $$$$) and ****** if I dont because may not be able to get a room for days I want. By the way I put the astrics there myself.

So is this is pro or a con? If pts are at the say $100 mark(easy to round) than will need at least another 150 to get a week in a studio. My question is also ....if I have those pts(GC DVC) and use them at the 9 month mark and want a room in conciege or 1 BR Villa (but need more pts) can I add using my existing pts even though those pts are not at that GC/DVC but at SSR to upgrade or do I have to wait till the 7 mo mark to call and try to upgrade?

I have never asked before. I am assuming that I would have to wait....and book what I could with the GC pts I have and hope for the best or settle with what I have.[/QUOTE]

You could always sell your SSR points and buy GCH points. It will be easy to use GCH points at WDW at the 7 month mark, but not the other way areound I am afraid. (At least until they build a second property at DLR which I think will happen as soon as all of the GCH points sell out)

You could always sell your SSR points and buy GCH points. It will be easy to use GCH points at WDW at the 7 month mark, but not the other way areound I am afraid. (At least until they build a second property at DLR which I think will happen as soon as all of the GCH points sell out)

We have talked about that. We do want at least 600 pts but still own on exsisting SSR. We have a total of 400 pts at this time. 2-200 conrtracts=400 pts.

May have to just wait and see what the pts are and $$$ for GCH and take it from there. If we purchase and it does not work out at the 7 mo. Mark than we can always sell. I am wondering how fast it will sell out? most people from the West Coast it seems will be the ones to purchase. I think 150 will be a resonable about to have.

But also wondering if at the 7 mnth mark my pts that we use know(400) be useless there.....

what say you ?

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20804694]We have talked about that. We do want at least 600 pts but still own on exsisting SSR. We have a total of 400 pts at this time. 2-200 conrtracts=400 pts.

May have to just wait and see what the pts are and $$$ for GCH and take it from there. If we purchase and it does not work out at the 7 mo. Mark than we can always sell. I am wondering how fast it will sell out? most people from the West Coast it seems will be the ones to purchase. I think 150 will be a resonable about to have.

But also wondering if at the 7 mnth mark my pts that we use know(400) be useless there.....

what say you ?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think it will be at least a year until they even start selling. AKV was faster because the first rooms have been converted in the existing Jambo House. This is new construction. I do not see them going on sale until next fall at the earliest. I think there will always be some people who will be able to get in at the 7 month mark there, especially off season, but the number will be small, due to the limited inventory. If you want to be sure, you better buy points there.

My plan would be to buy enough points so I could go for 5 nights (sun-thurs) in a studio Dream-Magic season every other year. I'm hoping to get away with 25-35 points. Standard view would be fine with me.

Well, I think it will be at least a year until they even start selling. AKV was faster because the first rooms have been converted in the existing Jambo House. This is new construction. I do not see them going on sale until next fall at the earliest. I think there will always be some people who will be able to get in at the 7 month mark there, especially off season, but the number will be small, due to the limited inventory. If you want to be sure, you better buy points there.

:thumbsup2 I shall ..... Hopefully they will have a great offer. I believe because they will not have very many units that the price is going to be high. Also sure that they will have to figure something out by 2011 when the new ships come out because I have no dought they they will have one of the ships(old or new) docked here and that will be bringing many more people to the hotels.

That is most probubly one of the reasons for adding DVC to DL. I feel however that they may offer still the same option they have know. you can get in at the 9 mo. mark in the main building as they do know(studio room) but at a higher pt value and wont be DVC. Or can wait till 7 mo. or swithc out at the 7 mo. mark.

they fill alot of the rooms know with DVC members,,,,seems that they would not give that up and have vacant rooms to just fill up 250 villas or such. Last time I was there they said that out of the 750(?) rooms much of them were DVC members. So say they fill up 400 rooms know with DVC members will they jsut say no were filled and leave all those rooms in the main building that they so fill up know empty???

Maybe there game plan is to make 250 villas and use the existing rooms in the main building as studios as they do know. That would make sense to me. This way they could sell more.

Will be interesting to here there game plan...cant wait:thumbsup2 tired of speculating:rotfl:

My plan would be to buy enough points so I could go for 5 nights (sun-thurs) in a studio Dream-Magic season every other year. I'm hoping to get away with 25-35 points. Standard view would be fine with me.

We have a similar plan...

Wanting to go to GCV every three years for 3-5 nights. So hoping 25 point add-on would do us well. We'll have to wait and see when the charts come out. :rolleyes1

As a west coaster I definitely want to stay at GCV. I have a very good college friend who lives in San Diego, and it would be nice to be able to treat her when I visit. Also, to stay when the DCL adds on.
I wish I had a magic ball to know if it would be easy to book at the 7 month mark or if I need to add on. It will be tough telling my Disney tolerant, not Disney loving husband that I need more points!::

As a west coaster I've been waiting for this announcement for a long time. Between grown children, grandchild, nieces and newphew I never have enough points.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20805263]:That is most probubly one of the reasons for adding DVC to DL. I feel however that they may offer still the same option they have know. you can get in at the 9 mo. mark in the main building as they do know(studio room) but at a higher pt value and wont be DVC. Or can wait till 7 mo. or swithc out at the 7 mo. mark.

they fill alot of the rooms know with DVC members,,,,seems that they would not give that up and have vacant rooms to just fill up 250 villas or such. Last time I was there they said that out of the 750(?) rooms much of them were DVC members. So say they fill up 400 rooms know with DVC members will they jsut say no were filled and leave all those rooms in the main building that they so fill up know empty???

Maybe there game plan is to make 250 villas and use the existing rooms in the main building as studios as they do know. That would make sense to me. This way they could sell more.

Will be interesting to here there game plan...cant wait:thumbsup2 tired of speculating:rotfl:[/QUOTE]

I disagree. My understanding is that all of the Disneyland Resorts are at 96% occupancy most of the year. Currently, they are sacrificing rooms out of rental inventory to help support the DVC program. I bet the managers of those 3 hotels can't wait until the DVC units are finished, because they will get all of their rooms back for regular room rentals. In addition, currently when you use your points at a Disneyland resort, Disney rents rooms at your WDW home resort to defray the cost of renting the room at DLR. DLR room rates are substantially higher than what they can rent rooms for at WDW DVC resorts. think there will no longer be standard rooms avalible at GCH once the Villas open.

I disagree. My understanding is that all of the Disneyland Resorts are at 96% occupancy most of the year. Currently, they are sacrificing rooms out of rental inventory to help support the DVC program. I bet the managers of those 3 hotels can't wait until the DVC units are finished, because they will get all of their rooms back for regular room rentals. In addition, currently when you use your points at a Disneyland resort, Disney rents rooms at your WDW home resort to defray the cost of renting the room at DLR. DLR room rates are substantially higher than what they can rent rooms for at WDW DVC resorts. think there will no longer be standard rooms avalible at GCH once the Villas open.

okay than I need a group hug :grouphug:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20810075]okay than I need a group hug :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

No problem Got Disney, I live in Temecula, come on up.:thumbsup2

I think there will no longer be standard rooms avalible at GCH once the Villas open.

I agree- they no longer offer AKL rooms for points, now that the AKV's are on-line, so I would imagine the situation will be the same with GCH/GCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter