• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Pixie Dust RSRRoom

MommyMouse143

Mouseketeer
Long story short, while we stayed at the Yacht Club this past August, there was an issue with my toddler son's health, and he was taken by ambulance in the middle of the night. As a gift, Disney World has given us a two night stay at the Grand Floridian, standard room, lagoon view. We added 3 additional nights at the Contemporary, on us.

Looking at MDE, I see the Grand Room details say "RSRRoom Only". I have never seen this before on any of our previous room details. Clearly, it is related to the face that Disney has gifted us this stay. I am wondering if anyone knows what RSRRoom stands for? Will the cast member assigning our room/checking us in see this?

Thanks! :earboy2:

The good news is your son is healthy and will be able to travel again .
Hope you remeber to Thank a Castmember because this is an example of an excellent Castmember and magical pixie dust, of course.
I would love to have “Special”on my Disney files but would never want to experience the scare and worry especially in the middle of the night.
Happy healthy trip for your future. Please post a mini trip report .
When will you return ? Hope for the 50 th Anniversary fun…

The good news is your son is healthy and will be able to travel again .
Hope you remeber to Thank a Castmember because this is an example of an excellent Castmember and magical pixie dust, of course.
I would love to have “Special”on my Disney files but would never want to experience the scare and worry especially in the middle of the night.
Happy healthy trip for your future. Please post a mini trip report .
When will you return ? Hope for the 50 th Anniversary fun…
Thank you so much, it was a scary experience (no fault to Disney, he woke up with difficulty breathing), but thankfully he is okay and healthy. The Yacht Club did not treat us very kindly unfortunately. The whole incident felt forgotton (I caled down tot he front desk when we returned from the hospital to let them know he made it through okay- and they had no idea what I was talking about/didn't seem to care that a baby was taken by ambulance.... So I was very surprised when Disney called a month after our trip to surprise us with a return visit, resort of our choice.

It worked out well because we were planning on returning for the 50th. We will be going February break. I will post all about! I always make a point to sent emails to guest relations when I have a positive cast member experience. I keep a note in my phone with the cast members that went above and beyond in my notes on my phone and send emails out when I return.

I caled down tot he front desk when we returned from the hospital to let them know he made it through okay- and they had no idea what I was talking about/didn't seem to care that a baby was taken by ambulance....

Just FYI if you (hopefully don’t) have a similar situation in the future, when you “call the front desk” from your room phone it really goes to an off site call center (no matter what they say). Not excusing their response, but unfortunately you’re dealing with someone disconnected from the resort itself with likely no/little record of what may have occurred. If you need to speak to someone physically at the resort, going to the front desk is generally your best option.

Enjoy your GF trip in Feb.

Just FYI if you (hopefully don’t) have a similar situation in the future, when you “call the front desk” from your room phone it really goes to an off site call center (no matter what they say). Not excusing their response, but unfortunately you’re dealing with someone disconnected from the resort itself with likely no/little record of what may have occurred. If you need to speak to someone physically at the resort, going to the front desk is generally your best option.

Thanks, I didn't know that!

This, plus it is very likely that there wouldn't be flags all over the desk about it so the morning crew may not have even been aware HAD you gone to the front desk.

This, plus it is very likely that there wouldn't be flags all over the desk about it so the morning crew may not have even been aware HAD you gone to the front desk.
Yeah, which means whoever was manning the front desk in the middle of the night flagged your reservation with a note about the ambulance ride and it was followed up on after you got back. Good to see that system works. Enjoy your return trip.

We had a little bit of trouble two trips ago, not medical. We had a 2 BR villa at OKW right after the re-do. The new appliances were great, but unfortunately the dishwasher was leaking behind and into the carpet right as you enter the master bedroom. A spot about 4' x 4' was soaking everytime we came back from the parks. Daily housekeeping (oh the good ol days) was washing like 2 coffee cups and 2 milk glasses everyday. We called it in the first day and used towels to cover it everyday but it was never fixed. When I went down to the front desk last day I said it was still not fixed and they said it was never flagged in our room reservation and they would look at it. Two days after I got home, a gentleman called and asked about it. I said it was no big deal but they really should fix it for the next guests. He said they had and informed me that they were giving me back two nights (roughly $1000) of my $4000 I had paid. So, my wife can vouch for me that I really did come home with a few pennies in my pockets. pirate: They didn't have to do that as it was just a minor inconvenience (grandtink actually liked it I think as she always tried to brer rabbit hop over the towels) but it was refreshing that they followed up and were gracious with their response.

To me Disney sometimes goes beyond. Last Feb. we were staying at GF because of POFQ was still closed, they moved us there unilaterally. We ordered mobile service from Gasperillas, when my husband went down to get order, someone else had mistakenly been given our order, they said they were making our new one which they promptly comped to us, because of the delay, to me this was unnessasary, but that is the way Disney does it with that small bit of pixie dust.

Yeah, which means whoever was manning the front desk in the middle of the night flagged your reservation with a note about the ambulance ride and it was followed up on after you got back. Good to see that system works. Enjoy your return trip.

We had a little bit of trouble two trips ago, not medical. We had a 2 BR villa at OKW right after the re-do. The new appliances were great, but unfortunately the dishwasher was leaking behind and into the carpet right as you enter the master bedroom. A spot about 4' x 4' was soaking everytime we came back from the parks. Daily housekeeping (oh the good ol days) was washing like 2 coffee cups and 2 milk glasses everyday. We called it in the first day and used towels to cover it everyday but it was never fixed. When I went down to the front desk last day I said it was still not fixed and they said it was never flagged in our room reservation and they would look at it. Two days after I got home, a gentleman called and asked about it. I said it was no big deal but they really should fix it for the next guests. He said they had and informed me that they were giving me back two nights (roughly $1000) of my $4000 I had paid. So, my wife can vouch for me that I really did come home with a few pennies in my pockets. pirate: They didn't have to do that as it was just a minor inconvenience (grandtink actually liked it I think as she always tried to brer rabbit hop over the towels) but it was refreshing that they followed up and were gracious with their response.
I'm sorry to hear you had a rough trip as well, but definitely good to see that Disney does still try to "make good" across the board.

How was your trip in February? Did Disney make your stay extra special?? °o°

Long story short, while we stayed at the Yacht Club this past August, there was an issue with my toddler son's health, and he was taken by ambulance in the middle of the night. As a gift, Disney World has given us a two night stay at the Grand Floridian, standard room, lagoon view. We added 3 additional nights at the Contemporary, on us.

Looking at MDE, I see the Grand Room details say "RSRRoom Only". I have never seen this before on any of our previous room details. Clearly, it is related to the face that Disney has gifted us this stay. I am wondering if anyone knows what RSRRoom stands for? Will the cast member assigning our room/checking us in see this?

Thanks! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter