• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian (Post-Refurbishments) Room Identification Help

CarnationCafe

Earning My Ears
In early April I stayed at the Grand Floridian for the first time. I didn't make this reservation by traditional means (it was complimentary by Disney) so don't have the usual info I can look up. The photos on the Disney World website don't match it. It was supposed to be same level as a garden wing garden view room at the Contemporary. The building I stayed at was building #7 Conch Key. They had just finished the remodel on that building in the weeks before arriving and everything looked so nice and updated.

I'm trying to know what the room type actually is so that in future I could rebook similar. It was one long room that had two king beds and a good size sitting area at the end of it, separated by a large, open arch from where the beds were. There was a balcony off to the left of the sitting area. I have attached photos to help see if any of you might be able to identify it. Thanks!

I haven't stayed in one, but from the layout it looks like one of rooms in the turret of Conch Key (like a mini version of the turret rooms in the main building). I attached a picture I took that shows those rooms. Is that where you stayed?

Attachments

• IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 3
It was a Garden View room that will from now forward will be a Resort View. There are 5 of those rooms, 1 on each floor in Conch Key. Floor 1 is 7106 - 7506 is the 5th floor room.

Dave

I haven't stayed in one, but from the layout it looks like one of rooms in the turret of Conch Key (like a mini version of the turret rooms in the main building). I attached a picture I took that shows those rooms. Is that where you stayed?
Yes, sorry forgot that part. It was one of those turret rooms. Thanks!

It was a Garden View room that will from now forward will be a Resort View. There are 5 of those rooms, 1 on each floor in Conch Key. Floor 1 is 7106 - 7506 is the 5th floor room.

Dave
Awesome, thank you for the information!

What is the likelihood of asking for a specific room and getting it? We have a trip later in the year, very curious

I would not ask for a specific room # as if you do not get it the assigner will not know what your real preference is.
If you are speaking about the turret rooms you can request that however they are well known and there only 5 in each building that has them. In other words a lot of people likely request them. If you have a higher priority like high floor or near? I would make that your priority If you do not care about anything else then Turret room is a great request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter