Grocery supplies? & baggage allowance?

Ohpair

Earning My Ears
Is there a baggage allowance on the eurostar? Molly is under 3 so we are not paying for her - will she be allowed a case? & how much can we take?

Where is the best place to get grocery supplies? we are staying in a Disney hotel & don't have a car, we would like to get some bits and pieces while we are there.....fruit, crisps, cans of drink etc. I know you are not allowed to take food into the parks but would like some basic supplies (that don't cost the earth!) so we can use them at other times.

Thanks
Katy

Our travel documents say that our baggage allowance (for Eurostar) is 20kg but I'm not sure if that's each or together. I would assume each! I can't imagine it's as strictly regulated as it is on flights, but I may be wrong.

I think I read here recently that you're allowed to take food into the parks now, but again, someone else might know more than I do. :) There is an Auchan supermarket near to DLP which will stock crisps, drinks, etc. at a much better price than if you buy them at the resort, so that might be an idea. I'm not sure of the distance from DLP to Auchan, though.

When I was there last week, nobody checked our bags to see what we had and we brought some drinks and food on to the complex with us. I would try bringing stuff with me and if they stop you, there is always somewhere to store your stuff at the entrance to the complex but I doubt if you will be stopped. :flower:

This is taken from the Eurostar site:
What is the luggage allowance on Eurostar?

Question
What is the luggage allowance on Eurostar?

Answer
Your baggage must be no more than two metres in length.
Although there is no weight limit, you must be able to lift it into the storage racks provided.

Please note: The baggage allowance on board Eurostar is two pieces of average suitcase-sized luggage and one piece of hand luggage per passenger.

Eurostar Q & A page

There's a shop on the ground floor of the Train Station, think Garage Forecourt Shops. You'll pass it on your way to and from the Shuttle buses and we called in there most evenings, they've crisps, biscuits, snacks and a small selection of personal items, deodorants, razors etc.
There is a rail link to the large retail outlet not far from the parks, but I've not used it.
Re: taking food into the parks - nobodys ever checked our bags on the way into the Disney Parks, they do routinely when you go into Disney Village, but I've always assumed that's a security measure. :earsgirl:

As mentioned, Auchan is the closest grocery store. It's fairly large, and the prices are decent. The selection is very good, and probably the best bet for getting fresh fruit and other snacks. In case you decide to check it out, here's the basic info.

To get to Auchan, you can take the RER to Val d'Euope. It is only 1 stop away from DLP. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was less than 2 euro each way. The ticket agents at the train station speak English, so language is not a problem when purchasing tickets. Just be sure to specify if you want one-way tickets or round-trip. It's a very short trip (the actual train trip is less than 5 minutes). When you get off the train at Val d'Europe, you'll be right next to a shopping mall. Auchan is in that shopping mall, and you follow one of the main corridors to get there (there's a directory right at the entrance).

Auchan stays open fairly late, I believe, but a concierge at your Disney hotel will be able to tell you exactly when it closes. When I was in DLP recently, Auchan closed two hours after the parks closed.

Never been stopped taking snacks etc into the parks. We always take in water which has never been a problem.

Have seen lots of people taking in cool boxes including ones on wheels!

Hi

There is a petrol station near the entrance to the Hotel Santa Fe if your hotel is near there. Haven't been there myself but have read that you can get all sorts of snacks and drinks there.

Rhiannon :wizard:

Thanks everyone - think I'll try to get to Auchan on day 2, I'm sure we'll be to shattered on the first day to do anything like that.

Katy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter