Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

We recently received our room assignments so I will post :-)

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT and OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5B 76** and 8B 76**
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 31
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy! To be honest, we have never felt like we were given a leftover room when booking GTY rate.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. There is one room in between the two, which is impressive given the fact they are 2 different categories.
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure, I am guessing mid-late afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? May
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? Booked in late January. I think we were about 90 days out.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A.
2. What category and room # did you get? 8160, 5B.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I'm thrilled! I would've been fine with anything in a 7A, since the deal we got was so good.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A.
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Late afternoon, sometime in the last 45 minutes, haha. I checked about 45 minutes ago and we didn't have a room number yet.
10. Castaway Club? Platinum.
11. How long ago did you book? Umm... around 50-ish. Booked it on a whim in late March.

All in all, I'm beyond satisfied. I've always preferred to choose my room, and I've never booked a cruise using any of their special offers or VGT/GTY rates. As long as I wasn't with a group that wanted to all be together (for our girls' cruises, we like to have verandahs that connect), I'd do this again in a heartbeat. I'm even more excited now!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A GTY Verandah
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A,10154
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" very happy for the price we paid!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 11am ET
9. What month is your cruise? April 29-May 6th, 2023
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? mid-Jan. 2023

I always thought that rooms would be assigned prior to luggage tags being shipped however, this is the first time I've received my tags without a room number ( we4 will fill it in) as we are still pending (GTY) just anxiously awaiting. We are gold and probably booked about 5 months ago ( cruise is in 3 weeks). I know there are some on our cruise that have recevied assignments while ohters have not. Hoping its a good sign ( I've always been happy with the room but, have yet to be be upgraded)... We will wait and see

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 9b 2500
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy - I canceled an 8A for OGT rates and saved over $1,900
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Doing a B2B and got the same cabin for the second cruise. Have an additional cabin on the 2nd cruise but that hasn't been assigned yet.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
10. Castaway Club? Platinum
11. How long ago did you book? 4 months before sailing as soon as GT rates were announced

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 2 5A Dk 10 aft
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" slightly feels like leftovers as that’s how I feel about deck 10, but savings worth the risk
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
11. How long ago did you book? rebooked 4 months out when GT rates appeared

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 9b 2500
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy - I canceled an 8A for OGT rates and saved over $1,900
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Doing a B2B and got the same cabin for the second cruise. Have an additional cabin on the 2nd cruise but that hasn't been assigned yet.
11. How long ago did you book? 4 months before sailing as soon as GT rates were announced
We are booked on your second cruise in OGT as well and I will be very happy as long as we get at least 9B. Not so sure about the staterooms with the slanted walls… We cancelled a 9B when the OGT rate became available and saved a lot of money! Looks like in 13 days we will know more!

I always thought that rooms would be assigned prior to luggage tags being shipped however, this is the first time I've received my tags without a room number ( we4 will fill it in) as we are still pending (GTY) just anxiously awaiting. We are gold and probably booked about 5 months ago ( cruise is in 3 weeks). I know there are some on our cruise that have recevied assignments while ohters have not. Hoping its a good sign ( I've always been happy with the room but, have yet to be be upgraded)... We will wait and see
So we say in 10 days and we are still pending as GTY (VGT) for our Magic sailing - the first one after dry dock. We got luggage tags about a week ago with a blank line to write in our stateroom. Agree - first time we ever got blank luggage tags (without stateroom # preprinted) so this is interesting. At this point, it is just a waiting game as I am confident that I will get a good room assigned to me for this sailing.

We recently received our room assignments so I will post :-)

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 9022
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy. It's pretty much what the cabin we expected and it doesn't seem to be in an area with complaints about noise. Was kinda hoping for a Deluxe Family for the extra room, but can't complain.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon Pacific time. Checked at 2pm figuring it was 5pm on the East coast and that we weren't likely to get an assignment later than this. We didn't have an assignment at 2pm PT, but we did at 3:15 PT
11. How long ago did you book? Booked opening day for Platinum hoping to get one of the Split 8A Oceanview cabins, but they were already in a GTY by the time our TA tried to get them. We stayed booked at the 8A GTY until the restricted rates were released. I figured that we were highly unlikely to get the specific 8A cabins that we wanted and that were going to get bumped up to a Verandah anyway, so I rebooked with a VGT and saved $2k.

So we say in 10 days and we are still pending as GTY (VGT) for our Magic sailing - the first one after dry dock. We got luggage tags about a week ago with a blank line to write in our stateroom. Agree - first time we ever got blank luggage tags (without stateroom # preprinted) so this is interesting. At this point, it is just a waiting game as I am confident that I will get a good room assigned to me for this sailing.
I was just coming to see if you got a room yet. Fingers crossed it comes through soon.

Cancellation fees if you cancel an OGT and have an assigned room and now rooms are offered at a much lower rate? I'd like to cancel, rebook, and DCL decide the room to save some $$ Are there cancellation fees? Thank you

Okay - just got our room assignment so let me post.

2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 4B, 8592
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We are happy with our assignment. To get a Cat 4B (a room that was recently selling for 80% more than what I paid for a VGT). We have never had AFT but are excited to try out an AFT room.
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 3:15 PM ET
11. How long ago did you book? Booked in early November 2022, well before PIF date for May 2023 sailing

Cancellation fees if you cancel an OGT and have an assigned room and now rooms are offered at a much lower rate? I'd like to cancel, rebook, and DCL decide the room to save some $$ Are there cancellation fees? Thank you
Any *GT room you book is fully non refundable at the time of booking and payment.

If you cancel for any reason and you have insurance you may get some money back but idk how that works if you rebook on the same sailing.

2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, ROOM 6122
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?"YES!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/A
6. What ship are you sailing?MAGIC
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? FRIDAY
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 2:00PM
9. What month is your cruise? MAY
10. Castaway Club? GOLD
11. How long ago did you book? Booked February.

2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5B 7024
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Only thing we hoped was it wouldn't be Aft- We love forward and are very happy with this room!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 2:30pm EST
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? Early January

2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5B 7024
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Only thing we hoped was it wouldn't be Aft- We love forward and are very happy with this room!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 2:30pm EST
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? Early January
I was so excited when I saw these last two posts as we're also 14 days out and IGT...but we're on the Fantasy. But, I checked and no assignment for us, yet. :P

2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 6A - 5148
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" - I'm not thrilled about the low deck or white wall verandah, but we saved so much on the VGT I really can't be upset. I have 2 other VGTs booked this year and that's just the gamble you take!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Late afternoon
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? Booked in late 2022, so well ahead of a May 2023 sailing

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 4C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 44 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy - I was concerned about an obstructed view, now we have a regular balcony and a larger room!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes! We booked 5 rooms total, and we are all next to each other on the 6th deck.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure
9. What month is your cruise? June
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? January 2023 (about 4 months ago)

Loving reading all these!
Odd Q - how do you know when you've had a room assigned, is it just a case of looking daily? x

Loving reading all these!
Odd Q - how do you know when you've had a room assigned, is it just a case of looking daily? x
I was checking MULTIPLE times a day. 😆 I was impatient and wanted to know where I’d be. I didn’t receive an email notifying me of an assignment. It was just there one afternoon when I checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter