Guardians of the Galaxy Land is possibly coming to Hollywood Studios

Why won't they stop coming up with new lands, and start finding ways to incorporate them to existing themes, or expand the themes to fit the IP. Pixar Place was great, Toy Story Land is limiting. Animation Station was broad, Marvel land is limiting, especially with big chunks of IP not available for use.

Why won't they stop coming up with new lands, and start finding ways to incorporate them to existing themes, or expand the themes to fit the IP. Pixar Place was great, Toy Story Land is limiting. Animation Station was broad, Marvel land is limiting, especially with big chunks of IP not available for use.
There is no marvel land happening. And if it did how is it limiting?

I blame Carsland and Wizarding World of Harry Potter, these demonstrated how successful a single IP land can be so they are now all the rage. Personally I don't have a problem with it since those two lands are really amazing, but I think they need to be a little more careful how it is applied. I think Star Wars Land is a no brainer and it looks like they are going to do a great job with it. I think Toy Story Land is a little to much of a stretch for an immersive IP based land. With the said, I wouldn't really want to see a "Pixar Land" because I don't think that "studio that made the film" is a proper theme.

At this point there is no credible evidence that WDW is getting a Marvel land.

I blame Carsland and Wizarding World of Harry Potter, these demonstrated how successful a single IP land can be so they are now all the rage. Personally I don't have a problem with it since those two lands are really amazing, but I think they need to be a little more careful how it is applied. I think Star Wars Land is a no brainer and it looks like they are going to do a great job with it. I think Toy Story Land is a little to much of a stretch for an immersive IP based land. With the said, I wouldn't really want to see a "Pixar Land" because I don't think that "studio that made the film" is a proper theme.

At this point there is no credible evidence that WDW is getting a Marvel land.
I agree. Star Wars will be amazing, perfect choice for a land. I think TSL will work, but won't be on the same level at WWoHP or Carsland. I wouldn't like to see a "Pixar Land" either, but wouldn't be against a Pixar Park (5th gate). Possibly with some sort of transport between TSL in DHS and the other park like the Hogwarts Express at Uni/IoA.

A Marvel land wouldn't work at WDW due to the Universal agreement. Disney just wouldn't have enough Marvel IP's to work with IMHO. I haven't heard any rumors of WDW getting a Marvel land, despite what the OP of this thread says.

I haven't heard anything about a Marvel themed land coming to WDW. I kinda agree with what you say about it being limiting if a Marvel Land was happening. Due to the Universal Marvel Agreement, Disney just don't have enough Marvel IP's to work with to make a whole land. If they had access to some of the other Marvel IP's then it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a Marvel land, but as it is, I just don't see how Disney could make an entire land from one or two available IP's.

I haven't heard anything about a Marvel themed land coming to WDW. I kinda agree with what you say about it being limiting if a Marvel Land was happening. Due to the Universal Marvel Agreement, Disney just don't have enough Marvel IP's to work with to make a whole land. If they had access to some of the other Marvel IP's then it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a Marvel land, but as it is, I just don't see how Disney could make an entire land from one or two available IP's.

I was just speaking in general terms of the new direction of movie specific lands being a bad idea. I agree that Marvel Land is a bad idea and won't be happening. A few posters before me had talked about, so I included it in my point, but I was definitely not advocating for it.

When you look at MK, you have fantasyland, tomorrowland, etc. When you look at the old DHS and its previous incarnation, the lands were animation station, sunset boulevard, etc., and attractions were placed based on a reasonable connection with the theme. Toy Story Land gives very little flexibility or future expansion possibilities. On the other hand, Star Wars is such a massive IP at this point (soon to be 10 movies and hundreds of books I think), that one makes complete sense to me.

I agree about Toy Story Land. I love the movies, but how much can you do with it. I think it would have been better if they Kept the Pixar Place name. This way they could showcase different characters like the "Incredibles", "Up" and "Wall-E" who can't have a whole land based on them.

But Marvel Land (I'm guessing you're talking about Disneyland's rumored version) is something that can be new and relevant forever. They've only scratched the surface on the list of its characters. There are hundreds more that haven't even been seen yet. Plus look at how relevant Spiderman has remained, despite being on his 3rd reboot.

It would probably be best though if they don't show the actors who play the characters. Because it would look dated and weird if for example Andrew Garfield were shown in the advertisements and on rides. I'd keep the masks on most of them to prevent any oldness. With CGI and animated characters its ok, they can show them. Because they don't age or have contract disputes. But with real people say for instance like Robert Downey Jr. If he's a part of a ride and in 20 or so years he's turned 60 something yrs old that will date the attraction.

Last edited:
Today I've heard some interesting news.

Disney seems to actually have Universal by the balls. Universal wants to get rid of their X-Men and Fantastic 4 related things and replace them with a new Marvel attraction. But Disney is playing hardball and isn't allowing them to unless they renegotiate their deal.

Because it would look dated and weird if for example Andrew Garfield were shown in the advertisements and on rides

Disney wouldn't have many rights to (or want) the Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield versions anyway, they weren't MCU. But with Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans both expected to leave their roles after the next two Avengers films, I doubt Disney is interested in getting too far into image rights.

What is interesting is the suit being used for the DCA meet-and-greets is not the MCU version from Civil War/Homecoming.

With CGI and animated characters its ok, they can show them.

I dunno, the '90's Saturday Morning Spider-Man series stuff used at Universal is pretty dated now.

Last edited:
Today I've heard some interesting news.

Disney seems to actually have Universal by the balls. Universal wants to get rid of their X-Men and Fantastic 4 related things and replace them with a new Marvel attraction. But Disney is playing hardball and isn't allowing them to unless they renegotiate their deal.

According to the contract, Disney can only deny things if they don't meet the design guidelines for the characters. There is nothing in the contract the indicates they can prevent Uni from developing a new attraction if they want to.

Provided no significant changes are made to Hollywood Blvd & Sunset Blvd, I actually think DHS has more cohesive theme then most give it credit for. Outside of those areas it makes sense to follow a more land-to-land theme since the elements of the theming are so different from IP to IP. It's hard to blend something like the Muppets with something like Star Wars so I don't think cohesion is needed in that sense.

Provided no significant changes are made to Hollywood Blvd & Sunset Blvd, I actually think DHS has more cohesive theme then most give it credit for. Outside of those areas it makes sense to follow a more land-to-land theme since the elements of the theming are so different from IP to IP. It's hard to blend something like the Muppets with something like Star Wars so I don't think cohesion is needed in that sense.
It makes relative sense to keep some of the old Hollywood for the entrance especially when you add sunset boulevard to the mix. It has a sort of Main Street vibe to it

Disney wouldn't have many rights to (or want) the Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield versions anyway, they weren't MCU. But with Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans both expected to leave their roles after the next two Avengers films, I doubt Disney is interested in getting too far into image rights.

What is interesting is the suit being used for the DCA meet-and-greets is not the MCU version from Civil War/Homecoming.

I dunno, the '90's Saturday Morning Spider-Man series stuff used at Universal is pretty dated now.

LOL, you totally misunderstood me on the Spiderman part. I was just giving an example of how they shouldn't show an actors face in an attraction. Because every major superhero will be played by different actors. There's been 5 different movie Batmen since 1989 and already 3 different actors for Spiderman this century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter