Guerlain Free Make Up Lesson for DVC members

NJOYURLIFE

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done this? I noticed it on the dvcmember.com website and called and set up an appointment for my DD and myself for June 10th. It is a 30 minute session for each of us and includes a free gift.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and if it is worth it?

Thanks.
Lisa

1 week and counting

I have not done it personally but my DW did last November. She enjoyed it immensely. The gal doing the facial does a real complete job. Don't know about the free gift. DW bought a bunch of stuff from her and it costs big $$$$$. She threw in a few samples of some products.

DD did this a week ago when we were at Epcot. She enjoyed it and of course we did purchase $165 in products at the end. They do have nice pre-packaged sets with over $300 in products for a reduced price. They were also giving away a bronzing set with her purchase. There was no high pressure sales to purchase any of the products they used for the facial/makeover. The make-up looked very good on DD. The meteorites powder gives a very nice effect.

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to hear that it is not high pressure sales. Has your DD been using the products and does she like them?

Lisa :)

I could not find this on the website. What section did you see it under? Is it still available?

I just tried to access the website and I couldn't for some strange computer reason (probably mine). Anyway, I think I had clicked on the 25% of the La Cirque ticket link and then it was down towards the bottom, it had a different heading that started with an L.

NJOYURLIFE said:
I just tried to access the website and I couldn't for some strange computer reason (probably mine). Anyway, I think I had clicked on the 25% of the La Cirque ticket link and then it was down towards the bottom, it had a different heading that started with an L.

Excellent, I just found it. Thanks so much.

My experience was kind of like a timeshare pitch (not DVC type!) somewhat pushy. I was barely able to get out by spending $150.00. There is something about the one on one interaction and the fact that they are "just trying to help you enjoy better skin" that makes it so hard to get away.

I did this in June. I didn't call for an appointment, I just walked in. Cari was the lady who did my makeup. I LOVED it!!! She did a wonderful job and there was no huge sales pitch. She explained the products and why she was using them. I did buy makeup - around $225 - $250 - but I needed new makeup. I did send my DH out for a glass of wine in the next building while I was purchasing!!! :earseek: DH was very accommodating :lovestruc

I did get quite a few samples, both perfume and skin care products. I like the makeup very much and have had many compliments. I'm using sample skin care products and will probably purchase some when the samples run out.

I had the makeover in July.
I called for an appointment date on the Friday for the Monday.
I was very impressed. DD took photos of me before and after. I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize myself. Very professionally done.
No pressure to buy anything at all, maybe because there was another client waiting impatiently to be done. I did get my little bag of samples though and traded a pin with a CM

I cannot find this on the dvc member web site. I guess maybe I"m too late and it has been taken off. Can anyone tell me how I can find out more about this even if I pay for it. I have a teen daughter who is just starting to wear make up and I have been wanting to take her to a pro for the best tips and advice.
Where is it located at?

Thank you all

Guerlain is found in the boutique in France in Epcot.

Call DVC for the phone number ::MinnieMo

rinkwide said:
Anyone else noticing a trend here?

::yes:: :rolleyes1

I guess I won't be trying that the next trip. I think it would be hard for me to go in there and not want to stock up!

rinkwide said:
Anyone else noticing a trend here?

Of course - but what you are missing is that these women feel like a million dollars, younger, more full of energy and it only cost them $160 dollars versus a $60,000 sportscar a man needs to feel this way at this point in our lives :rotfl2: :rotfl:

If it makes them feel good and they like the products, then to me its not different than going and spending $150 at the SSR Spa. Its all up to the individual as to what would make them feel more pampered.

Me, I'm just too cheap to spend that much money on makeup and you know what? I would be willing to bet these ladies look a MILLION times more "polished" than I do. Sometimes I wish I could plunk down the money for better products, etc, but so far, my "spend it on the others around me" ways keep me from spending like that on myself.

Now...hubby could book this for me and I would be :maleficen :maleficen :maleficen woohoo!!!

It seems like the ones that said there was no pressure were already purchasing a couple hundred dollars worth - could that be the reason for the no pressure?? Did anyone do this without purchasing anything? It sounds nice but I'm not sure I would want to spend that kind of money - do you feel obligated at the end?

I did purchase, but I never said I was going to purchase till the end when I sent DH off for his glass of wine. I never felt the pressure to buy anything.

DD is still using the make up we bought for her in March. I think she gave away a couple of the perfumes from her collection. She plans to find out where she can purchase it in our area for when she runs out. She loves the meteorites powder.

slimplaw said:
She plans to find out where she can purchase it in our area for when she runs out. She loves the meteorites powder.

Good luck finding the products. I decided to look for it online when I got back to see if the prices were higher than a department store. Nordstroms only carries Guerlain fragrances and Neiman Marcus carries some make-up products, but not the colors I purchased. Prices in Epcot were pretty much the same as Neiman Marcus. You can call Guerlain in Epcot directly at 407-560-6383.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter